March 2015 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have to change my calendar yet! Next week clocks change so .......

My husband keeps saying crap is going to get pitched! I say well you have to start first........

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Lolwilas posted a wonderful message - at the end of our February Declutter Club Thread. She wrote about the welcoming changes - that she is making to her home - to add to the comfort and happiness of her little grandson, while he stays with her and her dh.

I think that Lolwilas demonstrated a wonderful spirit: "decluttering" makes room -- for the many changes that life brings to us. "Decluttering" is a tool -- that makes life better -- for us and for those who are around us!

Some days -- real life takes over -- and we do NOT do any decluttering. Some days -- we are able "to do a dab". Some days - we accomplish a lot. It is all good!!!!!

So -- here we are -- in March!
March 1st: it is still winter on the east coast USA. (As it seems to be -- in most of the USA).
I have a feeling -- that March will be "different" -- from January and February. (Those were "extreme winter months" here, this year)
Are you staying with - our 2015 Declutter Club? Or - are you jumping in?
I am staying with this club. I want more of the changes -- that decluttering can bring to our lives.

Last edited:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Lana -- my husband, ALSO, says "We have to get rid of stuff"! Years ago - he would say - "I'd like to back up a truck - and throw stuff in -- to go to the dump". (Since then, I've made a lot of progress in decluttering. So he doesn't say that anymore!). Somehow -- after dh makes a very firm statement about decluttering -- he seems to feel -- that he has done his part!

Sometimes -- when he is comfortably sitting on the couch, watching basketball.. sometimes I can bring him some books to go through. Or some other, very limited number of items - to consider - getting rid of. But that is about the only way that I have been successful - in getting him involved in decluttering.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I will keep plodding on :)

My closet, where I put all the bags I fill, is now empty as I brought them over to my mom's house so she can give things away to whomever needs or want them.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
:) Lana that's what we do with mom... we all bring her bags and she goes through them to give to cousins... she is starting to declutter her own stuff but very slowly.

DD decluttered 5 sweaters today which I gave to dniece right away. Gone!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
March 2nd: today I(1) spent time "maintaining" the house- and - doing necessary stuff (laundry, cooking, dishes, "straightening up") and (2) talking to people about the Brunch on March 6th. Even if the person that I call - can't come on Friday morning - I spend time talking with them -- about the idea of forming a big support group". We already have the wonderful "social group" -- our "First Wednesday Wine Time" group. That group gets together for fun and to socialize. The "new offshoot" that I am talking about -- will add another "component" to the "social group". A "supporting each other, when needed" component. Everything today WAS important - but not much of it was 'decluttering.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Off today--March 4th---Started in my room. I have one bag of trash out from there and stuff put on Teigans little table for Goodwill. Taking a break now as was tired of sitting on floor sorting. I am trying to go thru EVERYTHING! By the end of March would love to be thru it. Would also love to have it painted and flooring done but hey, lets get real!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
March 4th, Wednesday. I discovered that I have too many coat hangers. Last night, ds#2 asked if he could have a dozen of them! GOOD! One dozen gone. I think that I will take another dozen to the "coat stand"… in one of the classrooms where our senior college classes meet. That will be another dozen gone. Lately - life is busy -- and I am just getting "little dabs" of decluttering done.

I guess that I'll take a couple of bags of recycling out now. First -- I try to go through all the rooms - and get trash to take outside too. We seem to have accumulated a lot of cardboard boxes lately. (Four people in the house -all occasionally ordering from Amazon or ebay or whatever. Cardboard comes in. That can be gathered up and taken out, too.)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
March 7th - deep spring-cleaned dd's room and got rid of a basket of thighs... they are winter thighs and dd does not wear them.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
One room at a time I plan to keep going. :)
I really want new living room furniture, but I don't see that happening just yet.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Sunday, March 8th: The kitchen is pretty much "trashed" -- from yesterday's Brunch. By the time that everyone left -- I was too tired to do anything -- except put things into the refrigerator. And -- dh and I have decided -- that "today is going to be a VERY low-impact day"! We both want to do -- nothing!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Since we have a new freezer the pantry wall has been repainted and I deep spring-cleaned it this morning. Have a bagful of tin cans to give away, some more stuff we are not or will not use too (half a big black garbage bag of stuff). The pantry looks so nice now!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Taking some baby cereal and diapers to a girl at work (she is at another branch) but Teigan doesn't eat it anymore (hasn't for awhile) and the diapers will be to small shortly so will take this half a bag out of here and get the next size. She won't be here until next Sat. night probably so......

Have some little mass books to move out and will give to Ryans best friends son. Have some clothes that are Jaymees best friends (daughters) that I thought would move out today but.... Jaymee went thru them and Erin was to pick them up here. I live between the 2 and was hoping we could take them down.

Finishing up getting taxes together so more paperwork can be pitched.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I decluttered another one of the canvas baskets on the bookshelves in the living room.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
March 10th: I am going to grab a black trash bag and see how much "decluttering" I can get done -- in 15 minutes. There really seem to be --- a lot of different ways to "rev up our energy - for decluttering".

Almost 12:00 noon. Dh was ready to go to the gym. I asked him if he wanted to do "5 minutes of decluttering" - in his study - with me helping. Well - we did 30 minutes!!! Which (added together) is one hour of decluttering. A really nice thing for dh -- his study has a lot less clutter. Not such a great thing for me -- since HE is responsible for his study. (He s the only one who uses it). Hopefully - some of the "good will" from the clean-up -- will be directed in my direction. Lol.

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
March 14th: 10 vhs casettes in a bag to give to a lady who uses the tapes to make recycled bags. 5 books to give away in the coffe lounge at work.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
March 14th: 10 vhs casettes in a bag to give to a lady who uses the tapes to make recycled bags. .

What a good use of tapes. Would be nice to have a bag made of your favorite movies.