May 2010 Rudy Day!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
****o everyone. I've been away tending to "life". Kim Loves Snow I love your opening post about evaluating where we are. Because of everything that's been going on with me and my family I have fallen way behind on my holiday planning. This is the month I was to focus on gifts and the gift closet. First I need to finish with gift and craft ideas.

I have few things to do today but later I plan to sit down at the table with my notebook and figure out a way to get back on track.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
We really, really missed you, Aggy! I am very happy that you are back here with your MHH Family. May I say that your "real life" family is VERY lucky to have you!!! And -- only your MHH Family would understand what you mean by being "way off track" this early in the game!

Dh and I have to go on a Businessy trip in about a week. We MAY combine this trip with the Big Family Wedding on Cape Cod on June 4th. If we are gone for that two-week period -- I will try to have some "Rudy Days" while we are on the road. There will be plenty of time for reading Christmas Books while we are away.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am at the stage where I have a little too much going all at once. I am planning Christmas '10, my holiday in September, the Summer HGP, stocking my family up with supplies for when I am away, and I am filling in for boss at work while he is on holiday.
I really need to sit down and prioritize my lists at the moment. May Rudy day I will be at work, but I will celebrate it on my next day off. I am really aware of how quickly this year is going, and what I still have to achieve. I will not put pressure on myself to get it all done because it is not worth the stress, but I will be disappointed come Christmas if I haven't done things because I wasted opportunities.

rockin_granola

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
Go Colts!
www.rockingranola.com
I just bought 'you've got mail dvd' and for me that is a christmas movie so that might just be for May rudy day!

I just found that today for 99cents at the thrift store ... I think it is a sign it was meant to be my Rudy Day movie this month, too :)

I got my yarn that I ordered last month when I decided what my Christmas knitting was going to be. I've started a few projects, but I need to spend some time working on what I've got started and see it to completion (I tend to start several things and then finish very few ... need to work on that)

We've been making a lot of diet changes, so I want to go over some of my recipes that I traditionally make at the holidays and see if I can find some healthier (but still holiday-worthy LOL) versions ....

Need to update the gift stash, too :)

Looking forward to being Merry in May!

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
This weekend has been a Rudy Weekend for me. Yesterday I ordered a video for my sister that I think she will really enjoy. I have finished a gift for my son this morning. He travels a lot for his job and I made him 4 shoe bags. I embroidered his monogram on them and I think he will really like them. I also decided on a menu for our "Sibling Dinner". We have a dinner party in Dec. for my 5 sisters and 1 brother and their spouses. This is the one time a year we get together without kids and grandkids and just enjoy each others company. This will be the 3rd year and it's something I really enjoy doing. This year I'm going to serve Cornish Game Hens. I'm going to get a couple and try out some recipes to see how they turn out. Then I can buy one or two a week starting in Aug. and it won't be a big budget drain. So I have really enjoyed myself this weekend!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
We are half-way through May!! Getting closer and closer to the "official" Rudy Day. Official or unofficial -- we need and deserve our Rudy Day! So -- celebrate when you can!

Sweetpumpkinpye -- you DO have a huge amount going on!!! YIKES!
rockin_granola -- you are making excellent progress!
Snickerdoodle -- I love it that you are planning your special "Siblings Dinner". Beautiful idea!

I have had some "mini Rudy Days" this month! And.... I want more!!! I think there will be lots of reading of Christmas books for me in May!

And... the Summer HGP is another way that I am preparing for Christmas 2010! So... when I do have time for a "mini Rudy Day'... there is some peace and order in my home... so I can actually enjoy the celebration.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Snickerdoodle. I also love the idea of a sibling dinner. I have 1 brother here and I interstate. This year all of us will be together for christmas. It would be nice to do something special. Just the 3 of us.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I am working on similies.....when you post a reply if you scroll down down down....on the left hand side you will see a place where it says Similies On...click on the word Smilies and it will open up the list of similies and you can see the code you need to type to make them appear in your post......we will use that until Jeff and I can discuss an add on that will pop up a section where you jsut click on the simlies....but at least we can have some fun until then

:rudolph:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
just going to try a similie. Gingerbug has been working on some great little additions.
:gingerbread:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Yes it worked. How cute

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Better late than never - here is a link to the Double Chocolate Cookies I tried and loved!

http://tinyurl.com/22oaaxo

I have also tested a Cooking Light recipe for Raspberry Cream Cheese Brownies and they are DELISH!

I've also successfully frozen the baked brownies and thawed/warmed in the microwave with good results, just FYI.

Here is that recipe...

http://tinyurl.com/29we5qg

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thanks for the recipes Aunt Jamelle. Both of these look delicious!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Aunt Jamelle - the brownies sound awesome! I am adding these to my "Must Try" recipies!!!
thanks!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
My Plan is to get my house back in order and a little ahead, esp w/ the help of the SHGP so that on the 25th I can get some Christmas stuff done. When I was cleaning the attic I found a Christmas card sample I made and I think I am going to do those but they take a lot of steps so it's good to start now. And I think I found way to help me figure out my Chritmas craft. I have been wanting to do the Christmas Spider ornament but couldn't work it right. So I have all the supplies for both I want to get moving on them.

So off to work in the kitchen and fold laundry now. Such fun ;)

:clothes:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
May Rudy Day -- there is a good chance that I won't be at home on that special day. If I can find my Christmas Notebook -- I would love to spend some time with it on our May Rudy Day. That would be a perfect way to get set up for our June Special Month-Long Christmas Notebook Project.

Of course....... Rudy Day MAY be celebrated on a different day than the 25th. :smilegifts:

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I will be at work on Rudy day so I will have to postpone it until another day. I will put on a Christmas Cd and maybe sort through what Christmas movies I have. I want to order a few and it is probably wise to order them now so that they will be here in plenty of time for Christmas viewing.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Ok this is my first real Rudy Day! Plans are...

Get the hardware sorted for my Christmas Notebook (ie: the binder, paper, dividers etc)
Check to see if I have ink & paper for my printer
Plan my holiday menus & work out which receipes I want to test beforehand. I can test one or two each Rudy Day. I think it's very important that I test lots of desserts!!

It's so nice to be able to come here and talk about Christmas. Just yesterday I was being called crazy when I asked the family if they wanted to have Christmas Dinner at my place... Far far to early to even think about Christmas they said! Oh well... I'm sure my toddler and baby will be happy to listen to and watch Christmas things on Tuesday. They won't think I'm nuts... will they??