MHH Wrapping Parties- Dates- 2010

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
What time are we wrapping/chatting?

I may actually be able to join in!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
teachermomof2- I never know what to say as an official time to chat- there are so many time zones going on in our international community. :)

Annie

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I missed the wrapping/chatting session yesterday because my BFF and I out all day picking up holiday layaways and Christmas shopping. I didn't get in til late and I had a terrible headache. I am going to do some today before I leave out for a birthday lunch at Cheesecake Factory. What I don't get wrapped today, I will finish over the weekend.

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Mel - Great find! Here are my wrapping suggestions.

1. Huge box, wrapped, another box, wrapped, another box, wrapped and so on until they get to the DVD set. Maybe each box is tagged to a different member of the family and the DVD set is tagged to the whole family.

2. Scavenger hunt. Wrap a clue and the fun starts when the clue is unwrapped. Take them all over the place and when they are out of the way go to a bedroom that has a DVD player and put the first disk of the series in with the last clue leading them there. No other clue when they get there - just the disk playing. See how long it takes them to figure out what the gift is.

Have fun!

LOL years ago my brother gave my sister in law her engagement ring like that! she got down to the last box and opened it, and her first words were HONEY are you sure?

beccaw

Retire Member
Jul 22, 2009
Your tags are beautiful Debbie! Thanks so much for sharing, I need to schedule some time to make some of these this year. I bought my paper this past weekend so I can coordinate everything. I love the idea of using pipe cleaners to attach them too. Thanks again!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
A reminder- another set of wrapping parties will be this weekend- the 27th & 28th!

Hopefully many will have some Black Friday deals to wrap!

We're getting there!

Annie

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
My DD17 wants a coordinated look this year for your tree and gifts. We are having red, black, silver, and white. I saw some wrapping paper at WM yesterday that I should have bought. Maybe I will get back up there today to get it. I already have red and silver. I will be wrapping Saturday???!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Yep, my main wrapping will hopefully get done this weekend :) Now that I can lay the gifts out & not rip the paper in the closet.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
And I am ALSO ready to join the wrapping party this weekend! Yesterday, my Christmas boxes were brought down from the attic. That is where I stored the
wrapping things I bought in January..... at the 75% off sales (even some at the 90% off sales!!!)

And..... now the tree is up. And.... the lights are on the tree. It is always comforting to wrap near a lighted Christmas tree. And.... it is very satisfying to put wrapped gifts UNDER the tree.

And.... I like wrapped presents.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Wrapping party today and tomorrow!

Who is wrapping??!!

Maybe we can chat later!

Annie

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I need to at least pull out the wrapping paper from storage. I do not want to do it but it won't get done if I don't start. My desk is cleared off where I wrap so it's almost ready. And I know where my paper cutting scissors is hiding. Off to gather everything.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I am AT the Wrapping Party.... although I'm not wrapping now. I am decorating the tree. And.... doing regular Real Life stuff! But.... I NEED to be at the party... with my peeps!

And.... wrapping COULD break out at any time! I have the paper, ribbons & supplies. I HAVE gifts. I just like to put the wrapped gifts under the decorated tree!!! We all have our own, idiosyncratic ways of doing things, don't we? And... gosh!.... we are so darn adorable!!!!!!

PARTY ON!!!

christmasrocks

MHH Member
May 30, 2008
Scotland
Hehehe. Go SN! She's on a mission and no one better stop her =D

I'm over at the chat room if anyone wants to join me.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I won't be joining you today or tomrrow. I still have to get the main tree up. I need to empty the closet this week to be sure my list is up to date and I will do some wrapping then.