My Christmas calendar

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Today I printed out the calendar for September, october, november & december.

Since I work all week I only take into account the weekends... I wrote in all weekends where I have something (halloween party, dance recital, DH's Christmas party(apx date) and then I wrote in all I have to do 'til Christmas (does not include regular household chores).

1st thing I determined is that all crafts be it for Halloween or Christmas have to be finished before September.

September
I added in the fall-cleaning I have to do (In spring I do 1st floor & in autumn basement) which is pretty much all the rest of September. I also took into account 1 full weekend to clear flowerbeds & cut away plants before winter. There is a 3-day weekend in september but we usually go out of town so that weekend is already marked - busy.

October
There is our thanksgiving but it is not a big thing here but it is a 3-day weekend where I have visitors because of the town festival.. so another weekend marked off for LIFE. I wrote in that ALL stocking stuffers must be bought & wrapped. 1 other weekend is marked for halloween party. Also have to wash outside windows & put away screens for winter. In october I also started seperating my freezer list in chunks to do until Christmas. For october I have: spaghetti sauce, meatballs, wonton soup, sausages wrapped in bacon.

November
- Send Christmas cards
- 1 weekend (probably Nov.20th) dedicated to putting up Christmas decorations
- Food to prepare for freezer: turkey (cooked & deboned), Chicken for stir-fry, Chicken cubes, Ham (cubes & chopped), ground beef cooked with onions, fudge, cookies, sucre a la creme, 2 other desserts, meatloaf, porc cooked for stir-fry
- Finish all gift shopping & wrapping (that is optimistic but I have a goal!)

December
- 1 weekend for dance recital
- 1 weekend for DH's christmas party
- Food to prepare for freezer: cheeseball, muffins, quick bread
- Finish wrapping

What does your calendar looke like??

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Gosh Lucie well done. I have not even thought that far ahead. I have marked certain things for December such as putting up Christmas tree and work Christmas party. Have also pencilled in a date for our family get together. As for any thing else I will have to sit down with my calender and think about it. Another reason why I live this site is because there are always people on here full of good ideas.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Well done, Lucie!!!

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
Wow, what a great idea! I think I should follow your lead and do the same thing! It sure puts time into perspective. Makes me think of the old saying, "There's plenty of time to win but no time to lose."

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Well done Lucie!

Gee~I'm feeling so unprepared for Christmas...all I can focus on is getting through this sale, build and move.

Blessings,
Lisa

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Teachermomof2 --- SOME things in life just... give us a pass! YOU have a pass...... the sale, build and move are QUITE ENOUGH to deal with!!! Moving into the new house will take care of the cleaning, organizing and decluttering........ so you will actually be WAY AHEAD!

MrsSoup..... ditto for you. And also for anybody else with big things on the horizon!!!!!

For the rest of us....... this is a GREAT IDEA!!!

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
great ideas . thanks. going to rain tomorrow so i will start on my calendar

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Way to go!!!!

So far we have only penciled in the dates for our daughters B-day party in Oct and dates in Dec where we want to take the kids places.

If I have time this weeken maybe I will start working on my calendar.

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
I just started to look at my calendars and I'm trying to reorganize them by putting what ever I can in an earlier month. I'm really trying to have less to do in November and December so I'm not too tired to enjoy the season. When I get it better together, I will post it. I don't' know about anyone else, but it really makes me relax to plan ahead.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Love the thinking on this thread!

Merry- I totally agree with what you said!

Let's really plan ahead and get done what we have to get done so we can
ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY, Christmas 2010!!!

PS- Don't forget to mark the MHH Wrapping Parties on your calendars!!

Annie

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Wow luludou, you really got me to thinking I need to get this all done too. DH is really good about firing up the grill and when he grills it is a ton of meat. Pork chops, chicken, steak, kielbasa, hamburgers, hot dogs. Then when I come home tired or we are busy, just pop something in the microwave and add a veggie & salad. But I really like the idea of having the spaghetti sauce made up and ham and chicken cubed already.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Annie the wrapping party dates are added.

This thread is for all just not my calendar... post yours too... maybe it'll make me think about something I forgot!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have added a few things to my calender. I have marked down the day to buy my Christmas stamps and when to post my Christmas cards. I have added Christmas party for work, and a my tree trimming day. I am trying to get alot of things done earlier this year so that through November and December I can concentrate on the more fun things to do.

I have of course marked our wrapping party dates and added a few more bonus dates just in case. With that and Rudy days it looks like I have plenty of days to achieve what I would like to.

zchristy

Santa's Elves
Wow!

You're organization is awesome! I am full-tilt into kids' birthdays and our trip to Africa (5 more sleeps!, so I am waiting until July to start my Fall/Christmas schedule.

By this Christmas, we will have a new baby in our family- my first little niece or nephew. My kids are soon 10 & 13, so they are ecstatic to finally have a cousin!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Zchristy -- your trip to Africa will be wonderful!

You are waiting until July to start your plan --- of course, you can't start before your trip to Africa. But -- what are you going to do in July? Are you going to jump into the Summer HGP then? The Summer HGP goes through July, and all the way through August.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have marked what needs to be done onto the calender and it is heavily out numbering the days of things that I want to do. I will need to find balance between "work and play" on my calender.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Lucie - I love it! I'm feeling a disconnect from my normal routine since I'm in a new life situation. I think you have done a wonderful job at setting goals and realizing your true availability. Good luck with everything!