My Christmas calendar

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
What a brilliant thread. I've always done this around September time but maybe it's worth sorting out a little earlier?

Christmas Paper

MHH Member
Dec 8, 2008
Good Morning to All, It is now 6:10 in the a.m. & I'll tell you about my Christmas Calendar. Well first I printed out my monthly Calendars for Oct, Nov, & Dec. Second, I always keep a copy of last year's calendar months behind this year's so I can refer back to it, what I did when. Mid Sept, early Oct, I check my Christmas lights to see if a new a few new sets & add that to my "To Buy LIst" if I do. I check for Cards, wrap, stamps, special cards to send, basically I do Christmas Inventory to see what I need so when I see it I can just pick it up. Like this year I want to get a new Nativity set, new Christmas Bath Towels for Show, I know that I need a few boxes of cards, All Stamps-Regular, Religious, Canadian, Hanukkah, & Overseas, Lots of Special cards, Baby's 1st Christmas, 1st Christmas Together - whoever got married, 1st Christmas in your new Home, etc. their out Early in Nov. so I shop early & have my choice of stuff before everything is picked over. Hanukkah is Dec. 1 this year so I know to have the Hanukkah Cards in the mail before that. Now they even have Hanukkah Stamps. I mark what Christmas Fairs are Where, and I go to them every year, I plan it that way, great for picking up Christmas Gifts, most stuff is reasonable. Will try to find my 2 year pocket planner as I can just transfer my info to next year's calendar when I can in Jan. In-between I do my cleaning, decorating, put the tree up, write the cards (I think I started in Oct. last year as I sent out 3 different groups) it takes time to get it all done, so I start as soon as possible. I bring out the Christmas music, dish towels, pot holders, tablecloths,etc. the day after Turkey Day & keep going till Christmas.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Lucie - great thread. I am taking an early Rudy Day lunch, so this was the perfect exercise!!!

Here's what I've got on the calendar so far....The HGP will be running throughout (I hope!)

September - Back to school for my older son and a new nanny for my youngest. This is a heavy travel month for me and my DH business-wise, so my mom will probably come at some point to help out.

October - My mom's side of the family goes up to the Catskills (NY) for a week around Columbus Day. I will take the boys up there for a few days. Around mid-month we usually take the boys to the Scarecrow Festival at Peddlar's Village (PA) and I'd really like to get to Sesame Place's Spooktacular (it's open weekends only at that time of year - we haven't made it yet). I'd also like to start freezing cookie dough in October and I need to take the Christmas photo of the boys for our cards.

November - We always spend Thanksgiving with my inlaws. Technically, it is my year to host, but my SIL is having her first child in August and my MIL doesn't like to plan ahead, so I probably won't know for sure until the week before. Write out all cards (to be mailed Dec 1st). Wrap all gifts and stocking stuffers. Take out flannel sheets and remake all the beds. Check Christmas lights...I think I need 2 new strings.

December - 1st weekend: put up all decorations including 3ft dining room tree and boys' 3ft tree in the family room. 2nd weekend: Attend Annual Family Christmas Party (over 150 people on my mom's side) and get real tree for livingroom on Sunday. December 15th: Annual Ladies Day Out in NYC with mom - we usually try to see a show and have dinner and window shop, see the tree at Rockefeller Center, visit St. Patrick's Cathedral, etc. Third weekend:Christmas Carol party (We're just guests - not hosting), spend the entire weekend with inlaws. Host Christmas Eve and Christmas day at home.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I loved the exercise too.. helped put things in perspective. That scarecrow festival sounds like fun!

I too have to think about family picture... have to add it to my calendar!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Wow....super organized...I'm concentrating on Summer first...since this one is booked solid...but I did something similar with the months of June, July, and August. I am hoping it helpes me have fun with all the events I have going on PLUS actually get a couple major chores/projects dopne over the summer....last year was a total bust and very stressful summer...