Nativities

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

beccaw

Retire Member
Jul 22, 2009
I looked up the Jim Shore Nativity on Google, since I haven't seen it, and the blue one took my breath away. Simply gorgeous! I'll be looking for pieces on clearance after the holidays, what an amazing set.

Belles

Retire Member
I have never actually brought myself one but have three that are very special. The one I chereish the most is 49 years old, my mom bought in Germany the year she and my dad were married. The other two were given to me by my aunt who will be 85 this coming Sunday. I hope to pass them to my children one day.

Glenda

Retire Member
Dec 10, 2008
Virginia
I looked up the Jim Shore Nativity on Google, since I haven't seen it, and the blue one took my breath away. Simply gorgeous! I'll be looking for pieces on clearance after the holidays, what an amazing set.

The blue set is the one I have my eye on too!

Glenda

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
Glenda, the Jim Shore nativities are beautiful. He has done a few in different sizes and colors. I love his work.

I own the full Willow Tree nativity, all 8 boxes worth. It took a while to collect as it was so pricey, but in time my MIL and DH got me the entire set. It's my favorite part of my Christmas decor.

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
When I was little my mom made a beautiful nativity set in ceramic she used french antiquing technique and put a matte glaze over it; there are about 20 pieces or so it has the wise men the shepherds the sheep the camels the donkey and the cows and the manger for the babe.
every year when I was little she would loan it to the school to put on display in one of our class rooms mine or (one of my sisters) our teachers would always say they were glad to get one of us in their class because they would get to use the set and they would get one of her Mr. & Mrs. Santa salt and pepper sets for Christmas.
my little sister and I would sneak into the living room and play with the set when momma wasn't looking. and after my mom passed away I got her set. and I will always cherish it.
I am 55 years old so the set is getting pretty old also.

Darcy

Retire Member
Jan 1, 2008
When I was a child, my mom bought her Nativity Set one piece at a time - sometimes one piece per year from Woolworth's or TG&Y. That was all she could afford. We didn't even have the stable. Since I am the Christmas nut in our family - she gave it to me when she was weeding out her decorations. I finally bought a stable one year. I love this set - it reminds me so much of my childhood.