October Rudy Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
I know I have to get on my cards... I am going to get them done before the right time... I am going to also get a few more baskets done for Rudy Day.... Now that I have only my job, carreer, and my son which is a senior. I am getting things in order.......

:snowman:

beccaw

Retire Member
Jul 22, 2009
I'm going to finish up my cards tonight! Hubby is working tonight, so I'll get the kids in bed early and have plenty of time. Can't wait to put on the Christmas music and get to work. I love coming here and seeing what everyone is working on, it's such good motivation. Thanks everyone for sharing!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I have picked the design of my card, but to complete I need the mini candy canes - not yet in stores!
I want the ones that are tightly wrapped - like a real candy cane, not in a cello pouch :)

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
October Rudy Day....hmmm.....what to do? I should have an extra check come in by then. I think I am going to try and knock out some shopping. There a few things I want to order online. Both DDs want a keyboard for Christmas together as one gift. I need to shop around for that to find the best deal. I'll have to sneak off to town alone for that one.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Gosh October Rudy day. I really must get my cards written, I like to get them in the post the first Monday in December.
I really need to get into my closet and just double check every thing. I have been putting alot of things in there lately without marking them off in my book and I am really unsure about what is in there.

Would also like to start wrapping......

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I think I'm going to head out to Dollar Tree early to see if I can find any goodies, then we are going to watch Elf. I really want to start on my cards...at least get some papers cut...I'd be happy with that!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
That is a great deal!! We love ELF!!

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i just watched fred claus. i cant believe in one more week it will be nov. christmas will be right around the corner. i wrapped a couple gifts yesterday. i want to watch home alone today. ive seen it so many times but never get tired of it. have agreat rudy day

beccaw

Retire Member
Jul 22, 2009
Planning a little shopping tomorrow night, and hopefully I'll get all my crafts for gifts finished up this week. I hopped to have them done by the start of the Christmas Countdown, but November 1st will work too. Looking forward to a productive day!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Okay, so I can't find the cards. I thought I bought cards last year and put them up for this year. Now I am going to have to buy some. (I really appreciate all you who make them, but I just don't have it in me to do it.)
I have one more place to look - the attic. I was not all together when I put things away last year. I usually make a list of all the contents of the boxes....whatever was wrong with me last year? I don't know, but I hope it doesn't invade my brain this year!
Congratulations to all of you who have accomplished so much already.

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
HAPPY RUDY DAY EVERYONE!:) It's a beautiful frosty,Christmassy day here in N Ireland. On Saturday I bought a Christmas Cupcake Yankee Candle so I plan to burn that while I watch a Christmas special on TV. I'm wearing my Santa socks and I've just done some Christmas shopping online for my DD10. I'm feeling very festive today!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Happy Rudy day ladies. I had some of a Rudy day yesterday i worked on my cards, burned a Christmas candle and listen to Christmas music. B/c of that I didn't get any housework done. I have to do some of that today first then I want to work on my cards somemore. i have christmas in Connecticut on DVR so maybe I will watch that. It's also Christmas stuff on QVC today as well.

MissJane-hope you can find your cards

Alisonmcg-sounds like a perfect day, enjoy

Jackfrosty-I am looking forward to the countdown also

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Happy Rudy Day to All!

Beccaw, you are on the ball. I am just now really getting with it! Have thought and planned and purchased material but need to really start.

Hope the cards show. If not you will be ahead for 2011!

Everybody enjoy your day!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Is it really Rudy Day? Happy Rudy day! I'll be working on Halloween but I did put on my Christmas socks. and I do have to find an idea for the Christmas family picture.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Happy Rudy Day!!

It is cool here this morning, so I will definitely be wearing my Christmas socks. I am waiting for my Rudy Day movie to come in from the library, so I will probably be having another Rudy Day when it gets here.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Happy Rudy Day to one and all. I spent the day at work updating my master shopping list. Then I made a little something special to add to the cards I will be sending out in the card swap. I played Christmas tunes I downloaded to my phone and added my list for baking ingredients with my gift shopping list that I keep in my handbag. I hope to start picking up items like flour, sugar, extract within the next two weeks. I can't believe a week from today will be November 1st.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
HAPPY RUDY DAY EVERYBODY! THE SPIRITS OF THE INTERNET HAVE DECIDED TO LET ME BACK ON MY FAVORITE FAVORITE SITE........ WITH MY BELOVED MHH FAMILY!!!!!

So... Happy Rudy Day , Dear Ones! AND>>>> ONLY two months until Christmas 2010!!!! Our FAVORITE time of year!!!!

In a few minutes.... I am heading out to our neighborhood "Crime Watch Training:.... with our local Police Department!!! AND... they have told us that from now on... until early January.... crime increases A LOT!!!! WHY? BECAUSE... people WITHOUT money want to celebrate the holidays as much as people with money!!! They want candy and costumes for THEIR children... etc. etc. So... all kinds of crimes increase. So... another good reason to give to charity..... AND.... another good reason to protect OURSELVES!!!

HOWEVER.... I am VERY grateful to be back with you, my beloved friends! And... I am looking forward to TWO MONTHS of celebration with you.. as we count down to Christmas, 2010!!!!!