Rudolph days in 2010

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
How did your Rudolph Days go this year? Would you like to do something different with Rudy Days in 2010?

In one sense -- Rudy Days were TERRIFIC for me in 2009! Being here - with people who manifest the loving spirit of Christmas all year -- being here was a wonderful gift! The friendship offered on this board is wonderful! The pressure that I had felt in the past, to make "Christmas" perfect --- that pressure disappeared. It was replaced with a joyful, loving spirit from the people here at MHH --- a spirit that lasts all year.

This was such a wonderful development --- that it seems so ungrateful to ask for more.

However -- I was NOT able to accomplish very much of the "work that creates the magic for Christmas" -- during Rudy Days. I wonder if that is too much to ask for.

Last edited:

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
Mine didn't go as planned. I kept forgetting about them! I did, however, work on Christmas knitting at a weekly group at my church all year. This website keeps me focused on Christmas, though, even if I don't do it by the book.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My Rudy Days in 2009 could have been better. While I remembered all of them, I found I just didn't have the time to do the things that I wanted.

For 2010, I need to make Rudy Day more of a priority.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I, honestly, didn't do any of the Rudolph days this year. Next year I really want to be more proactive and actually plan and get things done.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Didn't do all planned either. I'm thinking .. how about if on the 1st Rudy day I write out what I want for all my Rudy days throughtout the year (of course leaving space for modifications along the way)?

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Lucie,

That is a great idea!!

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
Rudy Day,for me,is more a day to try to keep the spirit of Christmas all year round. I'm not crafty,wish I was,but I try to make time on Rudy Day to watch a Christmas special or film and drink hot chocolate. I also burn my Christmas Yankee Candle so the house smells all Christmassy!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Like most I had good intentions but several I just didn't get to do anything related to Christmas. As we all know with work and then you come home to regular duties and if it is nice out yard, garden etc. takes you over.

Christmas Girl

Retire Member
Jul 24, 2009
Scotland
I lurk about on these boards soaking everything up and enjoying everyone elses plans but then my own plans never seem to get done. I think it's a great idea to spend time in January planning the Rudy Days for the rest of the year - I'm going to try that next year and see if I can become more active in the process!

purplecrush

Premiere Member
I also didnt do all the Rudolph days..Life just gets in the way. Wish it didnt, but it happens. This next year, im going to make it a priority and PEN it in my calendar, that way I cant erase it and ill have to do something christmasy!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I don't know how much I'll actually do on those days, but I want them to at least reflect on things and projects I want to complete. I didn't do that at all...Thought about it, but never did anything!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Lucie, that's what I do. I add a list of all the items I need to complete each "assignment" and file them in a month by month file in my notebook. Then I proceed not to do any of it, but boy, is it organized!!

I'll try to do better in 2010!!

qltmrkt

Premiere Member
I have it on my calendar and have great plans. Sometimes I even do it. LOL We may be right in that we overplanned it or something like that because there seemed to be a lot less posting this year for Rudy Day than last year. We kind of abandoned the movie and book of the month idea. I'm not sure what the difference was in this year and last but something is definitely different...............or is it just me?

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Rudy Day,for me,is more a day to try to keep the spirit of Christmas all year round.

I agree...I may not have gotten as much done as I'd hoped, but Rudy Days "reminded" me to think about Christmas and sometimes to indulge (listening to a Christmas CD, watching a favorite movie or cartoon with my boys, etc).

mummytummy

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Perth WA
I, honestly, didn't do any of the Rudolph days this year. Next year I really want to be more proactive and actually plan and get things done.

Rudy Day,for me,is more a day to try to keep the spirit of Christmas all year round. I'm not crafty,wish I was,but I try to make time on Rudy Day to watch a Christmas special or film and drink hot chocolate. I also burn my Christmas Yankee Candle so the house smells all Christmassy!

I had great intentions too but it didn't always happen!!! lol

This is so me, unfortuneately things haven't gone as planned this year and has been so stressful in more ways than one, hopefully i'm coming out the other side now and hope to get my "mojo" back:) and next year will be so much better.

angel-love

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
I am also a member of the "Good Intentions club!" I like the suggestion that in Jan. 2010 to make a list of what I want to accomplish for the 2010 Rudy Days. One of my biggest problems is that I'm so busy with "life's hiccups" that I forget that it's the 25th of the month!! Maybe it would help me to not only have my Christmas Countdown on my calendar, but to also do A Rudy Day Countdown!

angel-love

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I am with you all the way! I want to take advantage of our Rudy Days in 2010! I want to have as much fun as possible! AND -- I really want to accomplish more on my Rudy Days. I would love to devote some attention to this topic -- here at our MHH Family.

For me - the celebration of the year-end holidays is a celebration of the most important values of my life. So -- I do not feel that those holidays are SEPARATE from my life. I feel that they are an integral part of what is important IN my life.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
For me - the celebration of the year-end holidays is a celebration of the most important values of my life. So -- I do not feel that those holidays are SEPARATE from my life. I feel that they are an integral part of what is important IN my life.

Beautifully said, SparkleNana. I feel the exact same way. Would you mind if I were to write that down in my Christmas Notebook? It expresses so eloquently how I feel about the holidays.