Rudolph days in 2010

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Happy2beme -- I would be honored! Thank you! Boy, it sure is fun to be here, isn't it? I'm sending another round of thanks to Gingerbug and our beautiful Mods!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Thank you SparkleNana!!

Can't say enough good things about Gingerbug and the moderators that keep this wonderful place going!!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Thanks for the kind words....BUT my 2009 Rudolph Days were not as I planned either....LOL...SO

for 2010.....I am taking a new approach....

1. I will use Rudolph Day to feel the LOVE of Christmas....not the stress....do something FUN

2. My list for each Rudolph Day will consist of ONE thing to do that month....I think part of my problem is I try for too much and end up doing nothing!!! So one thing for me....now thats now to say on other days I might not do other things BUT for Rudolph Day....JUST ONE.....plus the fun....and I will count it as a success!!!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Yes, me too!

I will focus on playing some Christmas music and look through my notebook ... and not "having to do something" ... cuz for me ... I had so much I could do, I ended up doing nothing in 2009. :-(

It's a good thought. I just need to keep it simple. I like the idea of having the 25th of each month to remember Christmas and perhaps do a "little" something.

appleton

MHH Member
Nov 7, 2007
I had all these plans in January for Christmas 2009 & thought Rudy Day would help me stay on track all year. However, month after month went by & I didn't follow through. Often I'm at work that day & plan to have Rudy Day over the weekend. And we all know how weekends are packed as it is, but I'm determined to make time for Christmas each month even if its just a hour. I've felt I needed hours to devote to Rudy Day, but an hour is a great place to start. I'll review my list of Christmas "projects" soon & see if I can get some fun planned for each month (an hour once a month is doable)! Thanks for the inspiration!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
We can do some brainstorming together and share ideas.

For me -- one of the most helpful things is to work on our home throughout the year. Everything seems to pile up between Thanksgiving and Christmas. and the more organized, and decluttered, that things are -- the better shape for the run-up to Christmas.

And -- Jumpstart January is EXTREMELY helpful to me. Because January and February are gloomy, dreary months - spent inside -- and it is GREAT to have housekeeping projects.

angel-love

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
SparkleNana I love the idea of "Jumpstart January"!! You are absolutely right about Jan/Feb. They will be great months to do some heavy duty decluttering and organizing. Thanks for the great idea!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Jackfrosty that's what I've done. I've already started a list of things for 2010. As part of my Rudy days I've decided when shopping for gifts, I will do it by family. My intention is to focus on one family each month instead of the way I have been doing it in past years.

snowqueen

Premiere Member
Nov 1, 2007
Vermont
In the past, I've started Christmas shopping for the next year right after Christmas when the sales and markdowns were really good. I also got all of my ideas together for what I wanted to make. When I left my store job last year, it put me in a bind and I wasn't able to do those things. This year I'm back to the second job and a little better financially so I plan to do what I have in the past. I must admit I was in a stage of depression and I kind of backed off from what I normally do because I was a bit scared of a bad outcome. I even got a Rudolph last year that I didn't take out for Ruddy Day because I was afraid to think of anything. Everything fell behind around the house also because of ,like some on her are saying life gets int he way. I've been feeling like I lost control of everything. Things are looking better though and hopefully I'll get back on track. So

1. I will also make a list on the January Ruddy Day of what to get done on the rest of the Ruddy Days to follow.

2. I will continue to eliminate more clutter in my home and use a couple of my Ruddy Days to do that.

3. I will work on my Christmas notebook to go with what I think I can use (usaully I copy all fo the printables and other pages and it all seems overwhelming to try to get everything done that they suggest) I've been wanting to so this for a couple of years and I plan to do it for sure this year.

Well, that's how I'm starting out.Thank you for starting this thread and I'll be checking in often.

angel-love

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
Aggy, I can see the possibilities of shopping by family. That is something else for me to consider. I'm also thinking about suggesting with my family that maybe it's time to draw names for next Christmas. There are four nieces and nephews still in school. My idea is to still buy for them, but the three that have graduated should be included in the adult gift exchange. With all the budget issues this year, I'm thinking that it might be a good idea for changes in 2010!

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member

Pamelajane

Retire Member
Apr 19, 2008
Hertfordshire.UK.
Rudy Day.

I did not make it a priority this year and it's a relief to see that i m not the only one!

Pamelajane

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Good Morning! How is your weather? Winter - or summer - it CAN be extreme! Extreme weather is keeping us inside on the USA East Coast right now. If extreme weather isn't hitting you right now --- it will eventually! Extreme weather is a good time for planning - for me. And today - we are having a big snowstorm! Perfect weather for Christmas planning!

Hopefully ....... as I finish up Christmas things today....... I can be jotting down plans and ideas for Rudy Days during 2010! Lots of things to think about. Good things!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I did not religously observe Rudolph Days this past year - I was aware of them - usually did my tasks on other days as I could fit them in. I tend to do more starting in June forwards...

I need to start thinking about how I can handle Rudolph Days and just general Christmas planning next year - I am going to assume that the new baby will make it harder to find the time! :)

I'm due Feb 06, 2010 so potentially both Jan and Feb Rudolph Days are out for me - lol

I can already tell that the baby "stuff" is going to take over the house - or at least it going to try! Just part of the territory, I guess!

I think that Rudolph Days will continue to be a good reminder for me to stay on track with Christmas planning. My crafting of gifts was at nil this year, and I don't expect much better for this coming year - until I hit my "mom stride" anyway - we'll see how it goes.

So if I can focus on the planning parts, creating lists, updating addresses - that will be a big help.

I also plan to continue my practice of shopping early - perhaps leaning more heavily on the whole online shopping route - watching for deals, taking advantage of free shipping, etc.

It is going to be a whole new world for me next year!

beccaw

Retire Member
Jul 22, 2009
You'll have such a fun Christmas with your new little one next year AuntJamelle! I love watching the kids discover things this time of year, it's so much fun.

I've gotten a bin to keep all my craft supplies and other items for Rudy day next year, so I'll be prepared to get lots done each month.

Can't wait until Friday! :D

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
For Rudy Days in 2010- I want to spend those days feeling and celebrating the spirit of Christmas. Because the season is so hectic, there are many times when I want to spend the evening watching a Christmas movie or just listening to a Christmas CD but there is this so much going on, I often don't take the time to do that.

So, my Rudy days will be spent doing the quiet, smaller things I long for during the Christmas season.

Annie

scn

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Northeast PA
I'm afraid i didn't do much on ruddy day as in the past Maybe that is why xmas didn't turn out that good Didn't even decorate this year and there is 30 boxes of decorations in the attic Just couldn't get into it
So this year I want to try to get back on track