Rudolph days in 2010

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Wow...hear a common theme here...for whatever reason...Rudolph Day or maybe just early Christmas prep in general was hard in 2009....

It was exactly that way for me too...not sure why either...but I noticed a big difference this year ....everything turned out great but I was more stressed and dead tired by the end of the day Christmas Eve,....so something has to change there....even simplified a lot and still....wow....it takes a lot to "pull off" this holiday!!

In general during 2009 I had an overall slump from decluttering, to organizing, to keeping up in general and Christmas specifically...didn't come to the boards as much because I guess it just sort of made me feel worse about being behind and not getting things moving the way I wanted them too....For 2010 I will be taking a new approach....starting with JumpStart January....hopefully it will help me move in the right direction

MamaCat

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Texas
I'm feelin' the same way. I don't know...2009 just wasn't the "best" of years for several reasons. And I certainly didn't "follow the plan" like I have in years past. And I paid for it! LOL! Was just feeling rushed & unprepared towards the end. By last night (Christmas night) I was wiped out. And my house was no where near as "ready" for the season as I like. Let too many things go all year. So, I'm climbing back up on that horse in 2010 and gonna "do right"!! :) Today is my daughter's birthday, too. So I've got her cake baked & cooling then I gotta jump right into birthday prep! <sigh> No rest for the wicked, I guess!

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
I didn't do Rudy days this year but I really needed to. I'll try to change that this year. I fugure even if I do an quarterly Rudy Day or something it will be better than nothing!

Belles

Retire Member
I'm very excited about Rudy day each month this year; I don't know that I'm organized enough to plan each one in advance for the whole year; but do plan to incorporate a little planning along with a little Chritmas spirit fun each month. I did however get a new tote just for Rudolph day to keep everything in. Happy plannning!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Yes, what was it about '2009' ... but in years past, I really kept up good with the notebook and Rudolph day etc. But not this year. Things weren't horrible and totally unorganized or anything ... but I could tell it wasn't the same.

We still had our peace and pretty decorations and loved the whole spirit of the season with music on the radio and such.

But ...

Like, I forgot to get our picture for our Snapfish Christmas card done early ... so that was scrambling late to get it done.

Then, the mailing of two boxes to family was also late and to top it off ... DH put wrong lable on boxes and so each family got the other's box!!!!!!!!!!! Ack! Oh, well, they will get the right box eventually as soon as each wishes to venture out to the Post Office. Sigh ....

The house wasn't in the best shape, but then we weren't having anyone over anyway.

I'm going over the Notebook now and checking out how good the 'ole budget went. We do Freecylce here, and visit the Good Will and plus, this year our homeschooling group did a "SWAP". Families brought in toys, clothes, knick-knacks and such that they didn't need but could bless someone else with. Then they "shopped" for items they could use. All FREE and organized by a dear friend. So, the Christmas budget this year didn't break the bank. We also didn't do lights outside. The pathetic display of lights I had, I freecycled away and I went to the dollar store and got $11 of outside items and decorated the front of the house that way!!!

So, for 2010 ... I want to use my Rudy Day to remember what the meaning of Christmas is all about all year long .... {{{ hugs }}}

angel-love

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
I've been looking at Melinda's site and I can't find the Rudolph Day pages. Can someone please tell me where to look for these?

Thanks!
Angel-love

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Some Thoughts

Rudolph Day
* Look at Christmas Craft books & and my old Christmas Parents magazines for ideas
* Play Christmas Music CD's
* Wear cute Christmas socks
* Re-read the Christmas story in the Bible

January: Christmas Notebook Focus

February: Stocking Stuffer Focus

March: ornament focus (make custom ornaments for family members)

April:

May:

June: Gift Focus

July: Crafty Focus for gifts

August: Menu Planning Focus (Cookie Plans, Christmas Eve, Christmas Morn breakfast etc.)

September:

October: Cards - photocards at Snapfish & Calendar

November: Christmas Letter Webpage Update and Cards Focus
Gift focus (buy gifts, finish making gifts, et)

December: CELEBRATE!!

caitsmum

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2008
Bedfordshire England
I haven't totally decided on my Ruddy days yet - except that January will be sorting out decorations and my notebook!

But I did actually get the chance to listen to one of the Christmas songs on childrens bbc today (usually DDs 5 and 2 are bouncing about "singing" along!) and thought the words were great, so I shall be listening to that quite a bit while I work on my files!

I've added the URL so you can sing along too!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/presenters/songs/greenballoonclub/

AM

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
An Updated List

Rudolph Day
* Look at Christmas Craft books & and my old Christmas Parents magazines for
ideas
* Play Christmas Music CD's
* Wear cute Christmas socks
* Re-read the Christmas story in the Bible

January: Christmas Notebook Focus

February: Tear Flies Ideas

March: Crafty Focus for gifts, crochet things list

April: ornament focus list (make custom ornaments for family members)

May: Stocking Stuffer Focus List

June: Gift Focus

July: Things to Do List (live nativities, concerts, church programs etc)

August: Menu Planning Focus (Cookie Plans, Christmas Eve, Christmas Morn
breakfast etc.)

September: photocards at Snapfish & Calendar

October: Christmas Letter Webpage Update and Cards Focus

November: CELEBRATE!!

December: CELEBRATE!!

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
I too didn't come to the site as often, guilty I wasn't keeping up, which sounds like the general theme of 09. In my haste to get an early start for next year already started putting xmas up, should have waited, and relaxed this week. The kids are home and want friends over and I can't do it with half the house torn apart. So note to self for next year wait till they go back to school to start cleaning, even if I have motivation after christmas!