September Rudy Day!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Some of us are in the start of the Holiday Grand Plan or the Houseworks Plan which means that we are working towards doing some holiday prep every day to allow us to have everything finished early so we can enjoy the holidays to the fullest.

What does that mean for Rudy Day for you in September? If you are following one of the plans do you still plan on setting aside some time to do something for Rudy Day? Is every day between now and 12/25 a possible Rudy day?

When September hits I start to panic a bit and Rudy Day becomes less of a 'let's put the Christmas tree on my desk at work on the 25th' and more of a day to day "what can be done today or this week to move me closer to being organized and ready for the holidays?"

Maybe panic is not the right word. I think motivated is a better word. I'm motivated to enjoy the change of seasons and I'm motivated to take another stab at the HGP and I'm motivated to enjoy the special things ahead.

So, what is Rudy Day like for you in September?

Last edited:

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Kim - I am like you...at this point in the year, I focus on the HGP as much as I can and then sneak in as many "Rudy Days" as possible between now and Thanksgiving. For example, I use my ironing board to wrap, so I'll put all of my wrapping paper in a waster paper basket in the same closet and tape, scissors, ribbon, etc in a small basket on the shelf. Then I can wrap a few items at a time (hopefully as I buy them)! It helps that there is a TV in that room with a DVD player and I keep my Christmas movies in a binder on the shelf.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Colleen-what idea!

This is a time where it seems harder for me to focus on it in some ways. There seems to be so many other holiday and things coming up one after the other. Since more stuff starts coming out in the stores i become more motivated to keep moving to find things to buy/do/work on for the chirstmas season.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
September is usually a time when I am very motivated to complete Christmas preperations. Participating in the HGP helps that quite a bit!

THis year I am still finding my way with trying to fit Christmas prep and HGP and such in among the busy schedule of working full time and taking care of DSon (7 months old now)...it is challenging but I am trying hard. :)

Oh, and trying to exercise and eat right on top of it all. Of course! lol

I'd like the moon with a bow on it too please. :)

Ah well, such is life. There is always more to do than there is time for. But I am very much enjoying the cooler turn in our weather here - makes me very excited for the holidays!

I am getting the itch to work with yarn again too. I am going to try and finish the baby blanket I started for DSon in time for Christmas. We'll see...

This Rudy Day is a Sat - not sure if we have any plans - may just spend the day on HGP tasks.

What I am going to try and do this month is get started on Christmas Cards - including scheduling a Christmas photo session for DS. I need to keep my eye out for a cute outfit!

I should also start wrapping gifts too - but we'll see if I have time to go there yet. If not this month, first thing in October for sure!!!

I do love this time of year...the anticipation really starts to build! Especially when I check this site and visit with all of you!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
this Rudy day I will be on a tourist coach in Canada, so I don't if I will get anything done. Hopefully I will be getting some shopping done. But even though I will be missing September Rudy day, I will be thinking of Christmas none the less.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
That is exciting, Katrina! I know how long you've been looking forward to your trip! What kinds of things do you hope to buy for gifts while you are traveling?

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Katrina,

Get that coach to stop by my house and we can celebrate Rudy Day together!!!! How much fun would that be?!

I will celebrate Rudy Day separate from the HHP. I will probably be wearing my Christmas socks as it will be cooler and I will continue with watching a movie that I have never seen before. I can't remember what one it is for this month, but I know I will enjoy it.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
For September I am going to spend the day shopping for my kids, matter of fact October and November also. Both my friend and myself have the dates marked on the calender todo so. Working full time, along with the sports my two younger ones have been doing, not to mention and ds12 works with a personal trainer 3 to 4 times a week, makes little time for mom time. I guess I could never switch my hours at work even though they are wearing me out.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I was to be off that day but when the schudule came out, I am working. Mom and sister are having a rummage sale, the last I knew. Also that is the week-end Fri-Sun of a craft show over in Nashville. It doesn't seem as big as it use to be but sometimes I get little patterns of things to copy and buy little ornaments. Will see, might go after work on Sat.. I work in that town now.

Everybody kinda becomes more of Christmas thinking and planning now.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Lana -- going to a Craft Show is a perfect way to celebrate Rudy Day!
KimD -- Christmas shopping with your friend is another perfect way to celebrate Rudy Day!
Happy2bme -- another perfect way is to watch a new Christmas movie!
Sweetpumpkinpye -- you will be on a trip-of-a-lifetime on September Rudy Day!
AuntJamelle - The pictures of your baby boy in his Christmas outfit will be adorable!
Piratesmamaof3boys -- you are way ahead of 99% percent of people!
Colleen in PA - your gift wrapping setup is great!
Kim Loves Snow - I also get "panicked/motivated" once September arrives!!!!!!! We KNOW that there is A LOT that we want to do!!!!!!

So..... shall we dive in? If we do... think how happy w will be on September Rudy Day!!!!!!!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I just checked my Christmas notebook and my movie selection is Christmas Comes to Willow Creek.

Has anyone seen this one before?

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
QUOTE: "Maybe panic is not the right word. I think motivated is a better word. I'm motivated to enjoy the change of seasons and I'm motivated to take another stab at the HGP and I'm motivated to enjoy the special things ahead."

Ahhh - September!!! Time for change. Cool mornings, changing of the leaves, snuggling, hot chocolate. Can you tell I am syked?

From this point on I will try to have a Rudy whenever I can and as much as I can. I have pulled out my collection of Christmas movies so when the mood hits me I can just pop one in the DVD. I will try to shop for gifts at least once a week. Sign and address Christmas cards so that they will be ready to mail on December 1st. Work on craft projects. Play my Christmas musci. And of course follow the HHP and Christmas Countdown.

Last edited:

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Aggy, that sounds like a delightful plan!

Mel - I have not heard of that movie. Let us know if you like it.

SparkleNana - I could not agree more...let's dive in!

I did a bit of Christmas shopping today. DSS12 found a shirt he liked so I smuggled it to DH who purchased it while I took the boys to the shoe store. You have to strike when they find something they like!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mel , I so wish that I could get the bus to pull in. I would love to say Hi.

Kim, I have a few things on my list. I have to buy some I Love NY ornaments, The White House have lovely ornaments that are also on my list. I would love to get some Yankee Candles if I can, and I would love to buy some candy corn. Popping into Tiffany in NYC to buy DD her 18th gift.
That is about all that is on my list but I will be picking up things as I see them.

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
I plan to have a Rudy Day weekend:) On the 25th September my DD10 is snowtubing! Very Christmassy! And on the 26th her and her Dad are away for a football match so I've the house to myself. I plan to watch a lot of Christmas movies and listen to some Christmas music:)

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
I'm in Yellowstone now, but I'll be home by Rudy Day, and I plan to be working hard on completing my knitting projects. We were driving in the park yesterday morning, and the evergreens all had snow on their branches! I spent all morning looking for animals and thinking about Christmas! I hope we'll get back into the park tomorrow. My husband aggravated a pinched nerve in his back while fixing the brake lights on our pick-up. He's had sciatica for a day and a half. Our doctor faxed Rx out here, and he's now medicated and sleeping. I hope he's much better tomorrow. The prednisone (sp?) is like a miracle drug for this, and he also has oxycodone. We're leaving Fri., and I hate to think of him driving this huge thing home, but we'll play it by ear. Sorry to go on, and get away from Rudy Day.