September Rudy Day!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
ChristmasRose - No need to apologize! I hope your DH is feeling better and wish you a very safe trip home. I LOVED hearing about the pines with snow on their branches! It's hard to believe anywhere has snow right now as it's still in the 90's where I am.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I have never watched "It's a Wonderful Life" or " Holiday Inn." I am going to check and see if I can find them today. I'll buy one or the other and watch it this week-end. No shopping for me yet, but maybe a browse or two at some local shops tomorrow!

StressLess

Retire Member
Jun 4, 2008
Memphis TN
We have a church picnic this Rudy Day. I plan to have QVC Joy of Christmas on while making baked beans. I'll try to catch some of it that evening. Also, may take the kids to Toys R Us so that I can find out and finish up getting their things next month.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Well I finally got all my pictures sorted for the calendars I'm making and printed a test copy last night. So my Rudy Day will be spent printing out the calendars and putting them together while watching some Christmas movies or listening to some holiday tunes. I also need to type up the playlist of Christmas songs I burned on CDs and make covers for the cases. They will be handed out as token gifts at my annual Christmas Eve family dinner.

Last edited:

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Well I finally got all my pictures sorted for the calendars I'm making and printed a test copy last night. So my Rudy Day will be spent printing out the calendars and putting them together while watching some Christmas movies or listening to some holiday tunes. I also need to type up the playlist of Christmas songs I burned on CDs and make covers for the cases. They will be handed out as token gifts at my annual Christmas Eve family dinner.

Aggy - great job! I am so jealous! I have been meaning to assemble my pictures for our calendar EVERY Rudy Day since March! Hasn't happened yet, but there's still hope. Last year I was making them on December 23rd...what a nightmare! I love to make CDs for people, too! What a nice idea to use them as a gift after dinner! I'm writing that down - maybe I can use them as placecards....

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I have a list of things to do...I'll be happy to get a few things accomplished! I want to start some cards, run to Dollar Tree to see if they have any good stocking stuffers, and hopefully watch a movie. Oh and look thru the new BH&G Cookie mag for a new recipe or 2 to try this year. I can't wait!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I am going to attend a Christmas card making party tomorrow! :)

The gals hosting the party have premeasured and precut all the project supplies for some different cards and all we have to do is show up and assemble/decorate!

We all pay a small amount to cover the supplies and we get cards to bring home. They have even created notes on how to recreate the cards in case we want to make them again in the future. Too cool!

I plan to listen to Christmas music on my way to and from the party! I can't wait!!!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I am going to attend a Christmas card making party tomorrow! :)

The gals hosting the party have premeasured and precut all the project supplies for some different cards and all we have to do is show up and assemble/decorate!

We all pay a small amount to cover the supplies and we get cards to bring home. They have even created notes on how to recreate the cards in case we want to make them again in the future. Too cool!

I plan to listen to Christmas music on my way to and from the party! I can't wait!!!

Sounds like a fun day!!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Nice job, Aggy! Those are wonderful gifts - do you write in birthdays and anniversarys as well?

Aunt Jamelle that sounds like so much fun! Did it just happen to fall on Rudy Day or was it on purpose?

I have to work 12 hours tomorrow so my RD activities will be limited to day dreams I think!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Aggy you reminded me of the photo calendar. We did a family one last year and want to do another one this year. I called mom & she'll check which pics she wants in it and bring them when she comes in 2 weeks. I also reminded her that we have a few more recipes to add to the teens cookbooks which we gave them last year.

Every year I say I'll burn some music cd's but haven't done it yet. Just might have to do that.

Aunt Jamelle that sounds like so much fun!! I wish we had something like that around here.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Yes Kim I do add birthdays and such. It's perfect for my mom and grandma who can never remember birthdays. lol

I loved making the music cd's. Last year I mailed out dvd's of photos of everyone from past Christmas gatherings. I even added holiday music to jam to while watching the slides. At the end of the pictures was the invitation for our Christmas Eve family dinner. It was so cute. The invitation rolled up the screen like the credits at the end of a movie. I think that was the best invitation I have ever done. I think they're expecting another one this year.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Aggy - You are SO creative!!! LOVE that the invitation was at the end like credits! What are you going to do to top yourself this year?

christmasrocks

MHH Member
May 30, 2008
Scotland
:thankyou:, jackfrosty!

A Happy Rudolph Day to everyone. I have a very to-do big list!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
:rudolph:

Don't forget our Rudolph Day chat.....7:30 Central time ....over at Christmas Chatter.com!!!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Thanks Ginger! With the start time I might be able to make a few minutes of it when I get off work!

What fun things are the rest of you doing for Rudy Day?

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
HAPPY RUDY DAY EVERYONE:) DD10 is away snowtubing today so it's just me and DH at home. I've already been watching the Christmas shows on UK QVC while I was doing the housework. I think I'll light a Christmassy candle and sit down and watch QVC properly! Only two more Rudy Days to go!!!!! How exciting!!!!!:)