Signs of Christmas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

StressLess

Retire Member
Jun 4, 2008
Memphis TN
Our Wal-mart here doesn't have Christmas out yet, but the Sam's next door to it does. It even has the Christmas trees on display. JCPenney and Macy's also has their ornaments and trees on display. I wonder how long before we start hearing Christmas music. Also, I saw my first Christmas commercial. It was the K-mart layaway commercial.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Was recently in Macy's in San Francisco and spent several hours gazing at the lovely Christmas department they had there. Bought home a few things, but wished I had more room in my suitcase.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Went to our Mall this week. It has not been decorated yet but our KMart had a few things out. What I saw looked very cheap and I won't be buying any. Not alot of gift wrap or cards out yet. Will pop into the dollar store soon and see what they have.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
OMG if you have a Pier One near you...I was in there today, first time in many years and all I can say is WOW!! They have some really, really nice Christmas things!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I just came back from TJ Maxx and they have a lovely Christmas display with a big ol Santa and reindeer and glittery cone-shape Christmas trees. Pretty serving platters, dishes and accessories.

beccaw

Retire Member
Jul 22, 2009
When I went to Kohl's this past Sunday they were playing Christmas music! I was smiling the whole time, as I'm sure they were celebrating the start of the Christmas Countdown with me. :)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
OH YEAH! IT IS HERE! THE REST OF THE WORLD HAS FINALLY CAUGHT UP WITH US!!!

Today.... I went to World Market to get some "Halloween Sale Things".... there were Christmas things EVERYWHERE!!!!1

AND.... I didn't even look! OK..... I am in FULL HJALLOWEEN MODE NOW! Our neighborhood does Halloween BIG!!!

Many many many houses decorated!
MANY Neighbolrhood Block Parties!

November 1st.... I will pack away the Halloween decorations! Anjd.... I will get DEEP into CHRISTMAS Mode!

But NOW..... Halloween is really, really FUN in our neighborhood! The summer was beastly!!!! The winter is horrible!!! But the Fall.... is BEAUTIFUL!!!! People arwe LOVING LIFE an d lkoving being outside.... cghillin' with their neighbors!!!!

We will be ALL ABOUT THIS.... until November 1st!!!!!

StressLess

Retire Member
Jun 4, 2008
Memphis TN
Oh how fun to hear Christmas music in the store! Macy's has started putting up their garland with the red ornaments and lights.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I was at Walmart today and there were several isles of Chrsitmas out but not all of it. The trees were up but not lit.
At work tonight at Kohls they had the garland from the ceiling up. No Christmas music at our store.

SN that sounds like fun. We have a tun of kids but not alot of houses really decorate.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
That's it, Nutcracker. When the eggnog is out the time is finally here!!! I looked the other day but did not see any.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Egg Nog Bread sound heavenly, Nutcracker!

Yesterday... I bought a flavored coffee creamer... in the dairy case at our supermarket. It is something like "Egg Nog Latte"!!!!! YUM!!!!!

Halloween is pretty HUGE in our neighborhood! TWO Neighborhood Block Parties.... one beginning at 4:00... and the other beginning later and going until 9:00!!!!!!!! I would say that t least 50% of the houses have SOME SORT of Halloween decorations.... by far the most popular is a few of the big "spider's web" stretchy things... and a pumpkin on the porch. But there are plenty of other kinds of decorations! (And... YOU KNOW that I put up a lot of outdoor decorations!!!)

But.... Monday orning I take down Halloween... and it is ALL Christmas!!!!!!