The Belly Fat Cure

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm reading this by Jorge Cruise. I'm thinking I'll follow if for the month of July. Anyone else read this book or given it a go?

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
I haven't, but I saw him discussing the book/program on Rachel Ray the other day. It seems like a good program, but I'm not sure if I'm up for buying yet another diet book. LOL, all I remember from his segment is 15 and 6. 15 is how many grams of sugar you should eat in a day...but please remind me what the 6 is for. LOL

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm not buying the book, I have it from the library. I haven't gotten very far so I'm not sure what the 6 is yet.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
6 servings of carbs

15 grams of carbs = 1 serving

you will be amazed - at least I was - at how many things have sugar grams in them - and natual sugar also counts - so almost no fruit on this diet

I tried his plan for 3 days and then ended up at TGI Friday's ordering a Brownie Obsession for dessert

I'm WEAK!!! :)

If you read through the book reviews on Amazon you'll see alot of pros and cons about this eating approach. Like anything else, it will work well for some but not all.

Good luck in any case!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have to hunt for kidney beans that do not contain sugar. Who knew? Weeding out the sugar is harder than it was to weed out the gluten.

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
Made me look...I checked online and the mexican chili beans I use have 0 sugar. I haven't tried this plan yet. But, I have been going to TOPS meetings and I'm doing ok with that for now.

Thanks, AuntJamelle. Six servings of carb without sugar or with very little sugar?? Yeah, this would be a tough plan.

I've done Atkins and other more reasonable low carb plans for several months. It is just not going to work forever, at least not for me. I can swear off sweets for the short term; but a realistic plan will have to include some kind of occasional chocolate. AND, I mean real chocolate without any aspartame. ;)

Did you try the diet, ahorsesoul? How is it going?

Last edited:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm going to try it for the month of July. Will be missing all those Christmas cookies and candy. lol For the rest of the this month I'm being more aware of what I'm eating and how much sugar I pass into my mouth. 38 grams in my Coca Cola. I will miss them.

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
Yikes on the Coke. Good luck my friend. I just kicked a Mountain Dew habit and it was no walk in the park!! 43 grams of sugar in it...and I was drinking a 32 ounce from the convenience store most every day!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have always loved my Cokes. I'll keep your story in mind to keep me going. tfs

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I have not read it. I have been doing the Paleo diet after reading the book three months ago.

Lost 23 lbs to date :snowman:

(Still need to lose 25 to reach goal)

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
HouseElf- What is the Paleo diet?

Annie

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
My son tried the Paleo diet, and it worked, but it was too expensive after a while because they are on a limited income.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
In a nut shell the Paleo diet is:

You can eat :fruits and vegetables and protiens (unprocessed meats, eggs, fish...)

No grains (I have celiacs so this was not hard)
No dairy
No legumes
No potatoes

It is a 'whole food' diet. You should know where your food has come from and still be able to recognize it as food :)

The book I read was by Robb Wolf

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Just ate a lovely blizzard from DQ. I didn't look up the sugar and carb notes but I expect I had enough of both to last the rest of the year. Can't really think of anything else I want to eat that is loaded with sugar or carbs. I'm pretty well set to drop off the sugar. The bread carbs won't be any problem since I already eat gluten free.

Ok, looked it up and it so fits that I like one of the highest "rated" blizzards:
"Some of the highest-calorie Blizzard flavors include the Cappuccino Heath Blizzard, with 600 calories in a small and 1,210 calories in a large..." Good thing I only had a medium! lol Oh wait, they put extra heath and cappuccino in it so I probably blew off the chart.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/2...tion-for-dairy-queen-blizzards/#ixzz1QW4ZesVV

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
I started the Belly Fat Cure on April 1 and have lost 20 pounds pretty painlessly.

It definitely takes some getting used to.

I MUST eat my 2 squares of Lindt Dark Chocolate everyday! (has to be the 86% kind)

I have switched from drinking pop to drinking iced tea.
Switched from drinking General Foods International French Vanilla Coffee to drinking Lipton Carmel Vanilla Truffle hot tea with stevia and cream- yum!

Here are a couple blogs to get some concrete info if you are going to give it a whirl ...

http://www.meandjorge.com/

http://purplerosy.blogspot.com/

Good Luck!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I started the Belly Fat Cure on April 1 and have lost 20 pounds pretty painlessly.

You are my idol! 20 pounds. It's nice to hear from a real person that I know who's tried this.

I picked up some sparkling flavored waters and some of the Zevia today. The Zevia,my DD likes. The flavored water I like.

Thanks for the referral websites. I decided I really have to do a better job of meal planning.

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
I picked up some sparkling flavored waters and some of the Zevia today.

I decided I really have to do a better job of meal planning.

The Zevia is pretty good although it is so expensive! It is actually gotten so I think it is too sweet to drink much anymore. I drink the Sobe Lifewater Zero stuff sometimes but I dilute it with water because I don't want to use up a carb serving for a drink!

Meal planning- yes I need to get better at that too! It is hard for me in the summer because I end up being outside so much with my kids and then realize-" yikes I need to fix something for dinner! and quick!"

If I can answer any other questions you have- let me know- you can PM me :).

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Basically what happens is your carb intake is so low, it puts your body into a state called ketosis, which means you are burning fat for energy in the place of carbs. Therefore, you lose fat, which is what most of us collect around the middle.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I've been changing small things as I run out of items this month. Replacing them with items suggested in the book. By Friday I'll be ready and in the right frame of mind to give this a try. I do not expect to be perfect just to do the best i can. Thinking the next few days I'll be making the frozen Hot Chocolate since it's going to be hot. Looking forward to it almost like a last meal. lol

Last edited: