The Belly Fat Cure

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Wt today is 171. Figured I needed to get started documenting that. Going to drink frozen Hot Chocolate all day and try to figure out how to make it with so little sugar I can still have it starting tomorrow. lol

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Now you've got me interested in this. I need to lose about 10 pounds. I was down to an ideal weight (132lbs) but then gained 8 pounds in April when DH was home on R&R and it hasn't come off yet so i'm sitting at 140lbs. I eat horribly, I know that. I'm only 5'3 so I would love to get back to 130 or lower. I just have to make myself do it. I love my sweets!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Join me in July. Just cut down on your sugar intake. Remember sugar is also in breads and other hidden places. I remember in science class during high school, the teacher had a chew a saltine cracker for 5 to 10 minutes until we could taste how sweet it really is. Was surprising. Some carbs are broken down to sugar when eaten.

The book is interesting. Only a few chapters to read and the rest pictures on how to improve high carb/sugar items.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I was hoping my library had it but they don't. I might have to go pick it up. Sugar is my downfall. I don't drink soda but rarely, but sweets I just can't seem to stay away from. I stopped drinking coffee because I was adding sugar and cream to it and I drink unsweet tea now. I eat cereal that doesn't need any added sugar. I've recently discovered the Oatmeal Squares with a hint of brown sugar and those are good. I also like the Multigrain Cheerios.

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
You all will be shocked at how much sugar is in things!!!!!

Down another 1.8 pounds this week!

The only "substitute" for sugar in things you make like the frz hot chocolate is stevia. At the store you can buy it in little packets under the brand name Truvia.

I also get some at Trader Joe's in a container that looks like a Parmesan cheese shaker jar that is much more finely ground- more like powdered sugar that granular sugar.

I have yet to venture into cooking/baking with stevia. I need to do some research on how it works with heat etc...

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Still not a fan of the stevia. Still tastes icky to me. lol

Not doing to bad. I'm finding I am not hungry after eating eggs for breakfast. And I hate eggs. I'm keeping a little dish of nuts or cheese curds on the counter for snacking. Yesterday with the birthday party I did automatically sit down with a piece of cake. Ate a few bites before I remembered. Didn't have any problem putting it aside. Then while doing our craft project I ate about 10 mini gummy bears before it hit me.

Let me know how the baking with Stevia goes. You are doing a very nice job with this new way of eating.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
So far so good. I am finding some "mindless" eating. I was dipping marshmallows in chocolate this morning (made marshmallows on a stick firecrackers with those huge marshmallows and some of the star marshmallows--all went out of the house). Just tossed one of those star marshmallows into my mouth. Do not even like them. Thinking it's a habit to taste what I'm cooking.

On the way to do some shopping I caught myself before pulling into the gas station for a cola because I was thirsty (another habit activity). Will have to take some water with me from now on. I just told my self I'd make a coffee slush when I got home. Coffee and ice done up in the vita mixer is really good.

I am not doing well on counting up my carbs or sugar grams. Carbs aren't a big problem with me since I eat gluten free. I also expect to lose less than if I was eating gluten. Will start better tomorrow now that I'm hoping not to be doing so much running around doing party planning.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Today was a high day for me. Almost licked the peanut butter off the knife when making DH his lunch (mindless eating). Good thing I was reading how much sugar was in his PB at the time that PB was heading for my tongue. It is a brand shown on the BAD list too.

So today's carb count was 23.5 and sugar was 19.5. Not what it needs to be but much better than the 250 to 300 I was eating last week. Most of the sugar came from the BBQ I had frozen. Will have to think about getting some different items in the freezer for fast dinners. Also had cabbage which has three grams of sugar--yes cabbage has sugar.

I sure picked a sugary night to start my counting. lol

Today I could see a big pick up of energy and I was not hungry until dinner time. I am finding I have force my self to remember to eat lunch or I'm skipping it (especially if I have eggs for breakfast). Lunch was something I never had a problem remembering before starting this low carb/sugar diet.

Breakfast
Ham and cheese roll ups
Lunch
Slice of cheese and a latte
Dinner
Homemade Texas BBQ
Coleslaw

Wonder if I'll see my energy decrease tomorrow because of the high sugar I had tonight?

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Great job, Diedra!

Mindless eating- that's a good one to track!

And also- the tasting while cooking- guilty!

Annie

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Forgot to step on the scales this morning with having to run the new puppy outside. What a glutton for punishment. At my age with a puppy. Getting lots of exercise taking him for many walks each day. 6 month old Flatcoated Reviever Newfoundland mix. Black, named Rocky from a resue center. He's here for a few days to see how we like each other.

Last night I got dizzy, had hot flashes, a horrible headache and then started heaving. Good thing there was a trash can next to me. It was really quick. The only thing I could think was to eat a banana. Wierd because I do not even like bananas. Once I ate the banana I was fine. Then I remember when DS and I did Adkins we both had the same thing happen until we upped the carbs. For some reason my body will not do such low carbs. Could have something to do with the Celiac Disease.

Other than that I'm doing fine. Not hungry between meals. I do not even want my Frozen Hot Chocolate. Have served it to several people and not had a sip. My coffee slush is just fine. Still have the increase of energy.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Doing ok so far. No dropping blood sugar problems but I did up my carb intake a little. The scale is moving downward. My energy level is still up except for the last two days. Of course the last two days I also ate gluten free cereal (Chex) for breakfast so I'll go back to the eggs. I still hate eating eggs but cereal isn't much better. Rather eat steak or pizza for breakfast. May have to arrange the menu.

DD is eating eggs in the morning after seeing the nutritionist. Nutritionist said to drop weight you need to eat about 1200 calories a day. She was eating 1400 and wasn't dropping any weight.

DD new medicine seems to be kicking in so she is in a good mood. This is what we expected with the last change but did not see. Hopefully this will be the last change for a long time.

So far I'm still happy with this type of a diet or eating plan.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
WT this morning was 163. Still doing well. Have cut out almost all sugar except what is in veggies, cereal or fruit. I'm eating mostly berries for my fruits. Not finding this change in eating habits hard to do at all.

I think since my energy is up it really helps to keep away from the sweet stuff. Am not even tempted to eat them. I have found myself doing some mindless eating. DD has a little bag of gummy bears. I had two of them in my mouth before I remembered to spit them out fast. lol

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Thanks. I was getting a little discouraged because I first gained two pounds than just sat at the same weight for a several weeks. But I just kept on since I was determined to do this for the full month of July. Then poof it started to drop. Well worth the 'weight' (wait).

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Forgot about this thread. I am now running between 161 to 163 for the past month. So I am still going down. My biggest downfall is cokes. Love them.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Glad to get a update. I had a hard time with cokes but found some diet ones I do like and switched to them.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I can't do the artificial sweeteners at all. They taste rotten in my mouth. I can remember when saccharine first came out. I think I was 6 or so. I spit it right back out. All of them have that icky taste to me. I tried drinking diet coke for 6 weeks and they tasted just as bad after 6 weeks as they did when I first started. lol

Zevia (with stevia) is the only one I've found I can actually drink but I still think it tastes funny. Let me die drinking my beloved Coke (I do do the non caffeine one but not the diet).