Thirty Minute Thursday

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I'm done too. Thrilled with the results.

Looking forward to next weeks challenge.

:flower:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Well sounds like we are proud of the fact that we got something accomplished....I will be on vacation next week BUT the Thirty Minute Thursday Assignment will post to my Month by Month blog on TUESDAY.....I just love bloggers new scheduled posting...you can type something and then set it to publish whenever you want...and viola....it appears on your blog on that date and time!!!

So get ready for another Thirty Minute Thursday....we can tackle our homes bit by bit...LOL

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I like this new feature, Gingerbug! Thirty minutes straightening the bathroom cabinets - or whatever is most needed! My thirty-minute-Thursday has morphed over onto Friday. Its all good! These are all ideas to help us do things -- not to help us beat ourselves up! No beating up here!!! And soon - a messy, confusing jumble in a cabionet - will become a little beacon of order and organization. Sigh. :cloudnine:

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I love the results of my thirty minute thursday.... I can open and close the closet door without fear that something will fall out and attack me. My craft/decor closet is clean and it only took me 30 minutes-- I was afraid it was going to take me all day. :applause:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Starting with the 30 minute Thursday. I did the sink underneath then, Sat. a.m. I did my vanity top, today I did the medicine cabinet, (amazing how much is always in there that is expired) linen closet and I figured heck turn around and do the closet!!!!! LOL So now I have everything out of it and took into the bedroom and have it on the bed. I AM GOING TO GET RID OF EVERYTHING I DON'T WEAR. THAT I KEEP SAYING IF I LOSE SOME......... I have lost about 20 (or 18) since the first of the year and need to loose more and I WILL JUST BUY NEW IF (MEAN ---WHEN I GET THERE)!!!!!!! Not that I could afford to buy alot but I will deserve it.
I better get moving on.

I LOVE THIS MINUTE PER DAY CLEANING. LEADS ON AND ON!!!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hey Lana! I did my Thirty Minute Thursday today! In the kitchen!

Decluttering is great! I watched three episodes of Clean House" today, while I was working in my Room of the Week. ( it is also my Room of the Month and my Room of the Year. LOL. ( I love the host of the show "Neicy Nash!) Anyway, two episodes were repeats and one episode was new to me! Most of the episodes are so good that I don't mind cleaning while I watch them again. But new episodes are very exciting!

The whole thing about "Clean House" is getting rid of stuff. The world is full of wonderful stuff -- but our living quarters can only hold a small amount of "stuff". So _ I am off to declutter some more in my Room of the Year. And finally - to take a shower and get ready to go to a Graduation Party.
:party:

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
EEEEEEEK! I forgot all about 30 min. Thursday!!(truthfully just the day itself has been hard for me to remember today!)
Okay-since it's time for me to find something to feed the animals, anyway, I suggest cleaning out the freezers. Now I've just got a small chest freezer and the one above the fridge-neither has much in it as I've been 'shopping at home' first and wanting to make room for strawberries and such. If yours is so big and scary that it will take you half the day-then by all means-just refill your icecube trays or something and call it a job well done! Sorry so late with this challenge! Just means those of us that work well under pressure will have less time to procrastinate!LOL! :haha:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I really need to do this! I've been thinking about it alot but that didn't seem to get it done. Thanks for the push! I'm always surprised at the items I find in the freezer.

I'm beginning to really like these quick challenges!!!

I cleaned out and organized my freezer yesterday...woohoo!!

Today's goal for me is to complete the boys' room and cook 2 whole chickens to have for the weekend and freeze the rest. I want to make chicken salad for lunches and such.

Tomorrow I am off from work and want to get my room more organized since my brother is taking the boys to a water park. Number one on my room list (besides washing the blanket and sheets) is to sort and review my gift closet and update that part of my "Notebook"!!!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I didn't do anything but bring more clutter home. After work my DD and I went with my great aunt to this ladys house in town (she is 94 1/2) and she wanted us to look at her material that she wanted to get rid of. She had yards and yards of solids, and several yards of all kinds of prints so............... DD and I brought it home. We do use material but.... Will need to get another tote now for this stash. Some really pretty older and different prints. She just wanted somebody to have it that would use it because she said her family will just throw it all away. There is a top made with triangles that is hand sewn together. So nothing accomplished here. Did make Vickies chocolate chip cookies for work tom.. They are on her blog in Jan. 08. Very good.