Want to decorate!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
It won't be this weekend but maybe the weekend of Nov. 20th.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I have been thinking about it, normally I decorate Thanksgiving weekend but we will be gone so i'm thinking the weekend before so we can come home to a decorated house.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I would love to decorate now. I have looked through all of my bins twice in the last week!!

I am going to wait until the last weekend of the month.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
ZChristy I'll join you. I have some bedding with pine and pinecones on it. I'm going to put them on my bed this weekend. It's so funny you mention this because I was thinking about those sheets the other day.

Dakotasmamaw

Retire Member
I have never decorated before Thanksgiving, but I am thinking about doing my village next weekend.. cause it is more Wintery.. and I was thinking .. why cant it stay up all winter ?? its not in the way.. I put it on a bookcase thing I have in the kitchen.. I fill up the shelves... I just may leave it up this year... why not ? it makes me happy to look at it..

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
I'm putting the lights outside this Friday. I want to get started before it gets too cold. I like to turn them on the night of Thanksgiving.

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
Ohhhh I am with u all.. ahv ebeen listening to
Christmas music, and hav ebeen working on my outside lights this week.. just a few hours here & there... and "its' starting to look a lot like christmas"...... lol lol
how far have u gotten so far????

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I also do it after Thanksgiving dinner esp since we have Thanksgiving here I don't want to start too early. Ido have a tree that plugs into my USB port on the pc I just bought so that is out.

I do't start early but will leave some of it up till Feb. all my winter stuff like snowmen and village.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I should start getting my lights out while the weather isn't too bad, especially since I have to do it this year and it will probably take me forever.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm going to be putting my tree up soon as company leaves on Sunday....unless I get the tree out tomorrow and have them help put on the ornaments.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I will wait until the end of the month, I still have a bit to do before I can think about decorating. Looking forward to it though, can hardly wait. Time is going very quickly now

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
You're right sweetpumkinpye time is absolutely FLYING by! I plan on building my tree on the 30th November and decorating it on the 1st December. DH has to do the outside lights so they'll be done the first weekend in December. I'm also thinking I might put a few ornaments out on Rudy Day.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
It is still being hot here and my Christmas sheets are flannel. I guess I'll have to wait for the weather to cool a bit. I hope to get them on the week of Thanksgiving. I would love to start decorating next week but I have a wedding to cater on the 20th....we'll see how much that ties my up. I'm leaving for a mini trip on the 21st, coming back on the 22nd. My decorating should get done on Thanksgiving week.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Normally we decorate like the Wed. nite before Thanksgiving and finish up that week-end but since my mephew as been in Texas and he comes home every other year for Thanksgiving or Christmas and rotates the other date with GF's family he will ask for me to decorate early so I am thinking maybe this week-end. They are to come in the 17th. (if all goes well with their newborn. He will be 2 weeks old and has a appt. first)

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
I would love to decorate now, but we always wait until Thanksgiving weekend...I did buy some new ornaments to replace some very loved and" tired" ones... so I'm very excited to decorate. I probably won't get the tree up until that Saturday, when we put up the family tree in the living room. I will try to decorate the family room downstairs before Thanksgiving. My DS who will be home from college, likes to have his friends over on Thanksgiving weekend so I try to have it looking Christmasy for them. It has become a tradition for them to go out together for Black Friday shopping and then ending up at my house that evening. They all look forward to seeing each other... Gosh, I can hardly wait!!!!

zchristy

Santa's Elves
YAY- Thanksgiving and Remembrance day are done here in Canada, so next up is Christmas!

Washed all the Christmas sheets and quilts today and so far DS's (10) bed is finished. It looks sweet! White flannel sheets with snowflakes in different shades of blue, and his quilt and pillow sham are white with blue snowflakes as well. I will let the kids bring up their porcelin nightlights next weekend.

:)