Want to decorate!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

beccaw

Retire Member
Jul 22, 2009
We want until the day after Thanksgiving since we host, but I'm hoping to convince DH to help me get the bins out of storage this weekend. I'll keep them in the basement where no one will see. :D

I can't wait to get started!

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
I usually wait until after Thanksgiving to start decorating beacause I have some Autumn things I am still enjoying. If it's warm out one of these weekends, we may put out the outside things though. We always kick ourselves if we pass up a nice weekend early on and then end up putting them up in miserable weather.

goodpace

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Elizabeth City, NC
I'm getting there. Still have a few Halloween things things to put away (lights). Waiting for a good weather day to do the lights outside; plus Hubby STOLE my extension cord to blow leaves!!! A few of the neighbors have been dragging out the big plastic candles, deer, Santa & sleighs and scrubbing them down in the driveways; always fun to watch. We will probably get to it this weekend and light up Thanksgiving night.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I brought my planner to work with me today to go over my decorating plans. I am getting more and more excited everyday. I can't wait.

One of my neighbors took down her Halloween decoration on her balcony this past weekend and I think she has her Christmas tree up already. I can see the lights from my bedroom window into her livingroom. She keeps her patio blinds pulled open. She has me wanting to start early, but I'm going to hold off. :)

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
I wish I had the outside stuff done already. I can wait to do inside but outside takes SOO long to get it nice and I wish dh would help but he won't help until after Thanksgiving. To bad I can't train the sheep and chickens to help. I would have a great display in no time! lol

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'm surprised by the number of people who have already decorated outside!

I want to decorate this weekend too.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Nope not me I believe in getting thru one holiday before the next one starts. Just got my Halloween decorations down last Saturday.

Going to work so early in the morning I leave by 3:30 there are alot of people that have outdoor decorations up and lit already. Its too early, I can see getting them ready but too early to have them lit

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I haven't seen anyone here with their lights up yet, but I think they will be doing them this weekend. I think this will be the best weekend to hang outside lights as the weather for Thanksgiving weekend is expected to be rainy.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I'm starting to get nervous about my decorating plans this year... :(

There is just not enough TIME in every day. If I didn't have to sleep, that would give me just about enough time to finish almost everything. lol

Dinner part on Dec 4th ramps up my time table on getting everything done.

Will be attempting to start decorating efforts this weekend. Not sure where I am going to fit it in - but I have to try!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
DS and DD both already have their trees up in their rooms. I dug our big one out of the garage and will probably start putting it together today. I need to get the lights up outside, maybe this weekend since we're supposed to have a nice warm day I think.

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
I've got my home done as it has always been a family tradition to have it done by thanksgiving it all looks nice as the lights are so pretty and have been watching christmas movies we love our holidays here.:merrychristmas::snowman2::tree::tree2:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I managed to get the big tree put together and the lights on yesterday. I also put lights around the front window, but that's about as far as i've gotten. I'll work on more today, hopefully the outside lights and some more inside stuff. We also put up the kitchen tree the other day.

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
I woke up this morning knowing it was going to b nice... in the 70's... yea.. it was windier than snot... lol I tried to get something done.. I put up a few of my spiral trees, and my chasing lights around my yard pond.... but then I felt sick, so I had to stop. and have felt bad all evening....... but maybe I will get it tomorrow, or wed..... and then this weekend will work on my inside..
Good luck to one & all for their decorating...
:snowman:

coffeenut

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 10, 2007
Spartan Country-mi
I put my tree up Sat and did a little more decorating. No pictures yet. For the tree in the livi ng room I have clear lights (first time) and I am using a light blue, silver and white color scheme.
I am away Thanksgiving weekend and no way could I wait until the first of Dec.
My tree in the kitchen is a white tree with a red and white theme.
Sounds like others have started now to
:fireplace:

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
My tree will be going up a week today! I'm so excited :) I've a busy week ahead of me so it will fly by. This weekend I will get the bits of furniture moved that I need to clear to make way for my tree. DH says he will get the tree down from the shelf in the garage, I don't do ladders, so it's all ready for me to build. I love this time of year!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I put my tree up on the 20th, but the lights aren't working so it'll be decorated this weekend. I'll go shopping for lights this week. The rest of the decorations are up and my 2 little christmas trees on the armoire are lit every night! :)

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Dawnsu I hope you feel better.

My 11 year old niece is staying with me for two days. I may put up the tree while she's here. Plus I can give her the advent to take back home with her. She's going to love the gifts I got her this year.

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
ohhh I found a bargain on lights this morning.. went to our local grocery store, a bit small.. but its' has everything for our needs... (which is where I am going to go to work at next week)... lol lo
I was walking by the Christmas shelves, as I stopped to c a few neat things. I looked at the lights.. a box of 100 was only 1.29... woooo hoooooo so I did.. yea.. I did..... I bought 4 sets... I couldn't pass it up, as I was putting lights up this past week, I know I had 4 sets that didn't want to work, so I am ok with this.... lol lol
:snowman: