Want to decorate!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Bargains are great! And that was a VERY NICE bargain!!!!!!

Christmas decorations are GREAT!!! Isn't it wonderful that there are so many different ways to decorate for Christmas???? I LOVE IT!!!!!

So far.... (drum roll)..... I have INSIDE lights around my mirror in the front entrance of the house! SOME outside lights are up. (Up from year to year, actually.) TOMORROW.... I will test those lights. And.... take away the ones that have died over the past year. And add new lights to replace them!!!!

And.... the Christmas tree is STANDING!! It is basically a "nice" tree. It is a "Martha Stewart" tree that I bought from KMart, some years ago (when Martha sold things through KMart). Of course... there is no "tree scent" --- since it is artificial. The last few years that I bought "live trees"... those trees had been cut so long ago, that THEY did not have any "tree scent". I will cut some fresh branches tomorrow... and put them in big pots here and there. I will also buy some nice "pine" candles. AND... a live wreath or two.

The tree does NOT have decorations yet. It has SOME working lights. Tomorrow is a New Day. Tomorrow I will work on the lights. AND... the decorations. AND... the outside lights.

BECAUSE.... Thanksgiving dinner is NOT at my house. I am bringing fabulous pies that everyone loves, which are quite expensive, that I buy at Whole Foods. (With GOOD vanilla ice cream.) I am also bringing "vegetarian turkey" and "vegetarian gravy".

Hey... we are talking about DECORATING!

And... as far as Thanksgiving decorating.... I bought A LOT of beautiful fall flowers. I made a flower arangement for the Thanksgiving hostess (small enough to fit on a table, a buffet, anywhere.) And one for my table. And... one as a "Welcome" gift for someone who moved into the neighborhood a few days ago. (I left that one on her doorstep, with a pretty gift bag of gifts for her daughter, and an invitation to the neighborhood coffee on Friday.)

Tomorrow is the day before Thanksgiving!!! YIKES!!! I will work on the outside lights..... BECAUSE.... I love to turn them on on Thanksgiving night!!!!!!! They "light up the night"!!!!!!!!

I will ALSO work on the tree.... AND the inside lights. BECAUSE.... I am having wonderful people INTO the house on the morning after Thanksgiving!!!!!

Isn't it fun?

I celebrate and enjoy the decorations that each one of you do!!!! I LOVE that they are all different from the others!! THAT is what makes it rich.... and magical!!! And YOU... make it... rich and magical!!!!!!

Last edited:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
SN- I saw at Walmart that they have different scents of spray for the tree and you can choose which type of tree you want it to smell like. They actually smell pretty good and they are around $6 a bottle I think.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
MrsSoup.... I LOVE THAT!!!!! I will look for that soon!!!!!!

Scents are so wonderful!!!!!!

MrsSoup.... please be careful, on your drive tomorrow. You have A LOT of devoted fans here at MHH!!!! To some degree.... you have brought ALL of us, into the US military extended family... with your wonderful posts!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
those sprays are wonderful use them myself and have plenty of scented candles of the season always smells like home here.Hope you all have a safe and happy holiday.:thanksgiving::turkey3::happythanksgiving:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
SN- I saw at Walmart that they have different scents of spray for the tree and you can choose which type of tree you want it to smell like. They actually smell pretty good and they are around $6 a bottle I think.

My mom and I bought some of those after the holidays last year. They were on clearance for $1. I bought 6 and they do smell wonderful.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I put everything fall in my office away and got out a few Christmas things so when I come in Friday morning, it will be Christmas time!

We're going to decorate the whole office on Friday- we put up a tree, every employee has a stocking, I put up a "Peanuts" advent calendar, and we put two huge gorgeous wreaths on each of our two front doors.

I think I'm going to put a small tree in my office this year too.

EXCITED!:fireplace: