Week Three - Me and Mine

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thanks Mel!
LR - well my bedroom is doing good. Will wait to take stuff out of the closet when I change summer vs winter clothes.
Christmas cards - well I'm starting a 4 hour card-making class this week, so that should help :)

Cindasnow

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Unfortunately my bedroom is not doing so good but hopefully by the end of the week that will be another story. Hoping this week is not as busy as last week and that I can get more accomplished. Much still needs to be done in craft room but right now I will just pledge 15 minutes a day in there.

This week's focus:Bedroom
()Read Houseworks' pages
()Clean off changing table
() clean off side tables
()cleanoff top of dresser
()remove giveaway clothes adn boxes that need to be stored
()Work in Closet

()Organize gift closet ( which happens to be inside my closet)
()Make gift closet inventory

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I have recently done some redecorating in my bedroom, but a deep clean is in order. I will be pulling out furniture and exercise equipment and doing a thorough vacuuming and mopping.

My closet is large and needs to be decluttered and deep cleaned.

I already have an inventory of my wrapping supplies, but will go over it again. I know I need more scotch tape. Why is there never enough scotch tape?

I only have 3 massage appointments for the year that insurance will pay for, so I am going to schedule them carefully.

I need to reorganize some of my storage totes as I am going to need one maybe two to store gifts.

It is going to be a busy week!!

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
This Week's Houseworks Checklist
Declutter, clean, organize & decorate the Master Bedroom. I keep my bedroom fairly clean and organized but I do switch out my decor during the fall when it gets cooler. That isn’t an option at the moment due to very warm weather.
Tackle the clothes closet. I’m sorry folks but we are still in the 90’s with heat indexes much higher. I will however send out our coats to be dry cleaned to prepare for the dream of cooler weather. I will take all of my whites (not winter whites) and pack those away for spring.

This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist
•Inventory holiday cards, gift wrap, and mailing supplies. – DONE
•Make a Christmas card list. DONE
•Use a computer address book for Christmas cards. DONE
•Print address labels for Christmas cards. – DONE
•Order, buy or print Christmas cards or letters. – DONE
•Plan personal pampering sessions, and add them to December’s calendar. – DONE
•Set aside a gift closet or create a gift box; inventory any previously purchased gifts.- KINDA DONE I’m having a small technical problem on this one. I have an armoire that I use for my gift closet. The problem is that most of the gifts I’ve purchased thus far are too large to fit in there. I have a storeroom that I will have to use for back-up on these larger items.

Now don't think that I'm totally all together and ahead of this game now. I'm still struggling with the paperwork but working on it slowly. I'll probably still be working on this well into the plan. I'm just thankful I had really done a deep cleaning on several rooms before the plan started.

keepermom

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Ohio
Me and Mine

[] Declutter, clean, organize & decorate the Master Bedroom. The tops of everything in my room need cleaned off, especially the sewing table/desk!
[] Tackle the clothes closet - not sure that I'm ready to switch wardrobes yet. It's still nice here (in the 80s)
[] Read Houseworks Pages
[x] Inspiration from the Web

[] Inventory holiday gift wrap and supplies. We don't send cards and we don't have to mail any gifts.
[] Inventory any previously purchased gifts. I have a gift "box" on the shelf in my closet but I need to go through and inventory what I have - not much.

(How do you change font colors and make things bold etc.?)

CraftyLady

Retire Member
Apr 4, 2011
I cleaned the master bedroom yesterday. It's still too warm to put on the blanket and cozy flannel sheets, but they are clean and ready to go when it gets cooler. I have Christmas cards already, but I need to buy stamps. I might jump ahead and do the spare bedroom today because I have unexpected free time. We'll see how ambitious I am after the furnace guy leaves. He's coming back to test a part and probably replace it this morning. I still need to go through the clothes, but the weather is warm one day and cool the next so I'm waiting until it's cool all the time.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
[ I will however send out our coats to be dry cleaned to prepare for the dream of cooler weather.

ejagno - great idea! I am going to do this as well - one more thing I won't have to worry about once the weather changes!

As far as this week's assignments, my bedroom needs a deep clean - for some reason it is the dumping ground for things when we're "straightening up" the rest of the house. Add to that the fact that I tend to fold laundry in there after the boys have gone to bed (so I can't put them away immediately - they tend to stick around on the desk &/or dresser). My closet is in pretty good shape, although like many of you, it is too soon to turn it over for fall wardrobes.

Regarding Holiday Prep:

* My card list is done and saved electronically
* I haven't decided on a card design yet (i always order photo cards)
* Made an appointment for the boys' picture to be taken during a day off from school at the end of the month.
* Inventoried my gift totes last week
* Separated stocking stuffers into bags by family - need to start wrapping!
* inventoried gift wrap & supplies. I have plenty of paper, tissue & boxes and I purchased scotch tape at CostCo last week (6 rolls) but will probably need more (we host both families Christmas celebrations and at least half of the guests arrive with unwrapped gifts and expect to do it at our house)

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Hi everyone. I'd like to join you all. Cindylouwho invited me over from the other website because there aren't a lot of folks doing HHP there. My name is Chris, I live in northern AZ and this is my first year to try the HHP. Last year I tried the HGP but I didn't feel like it was quite the right fit for me. My list is pretty short this week because my master bedroom is pretty good and I know I have most of the things I need for wrapping and mailing.

HHP
[x]declutter & organize drawers
[x]vacuum under bed
[x]wash walls & baseboards
[]make new curtains
[x]declutter master closet
[x]clean shoe storage & shoes
[x]organize bathroom cupboards
[x]organize under sink storage
[]inventory wrapping supplies
[]start rough draft on Christmas letter

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Welcome Chris! Hope you'll like it here. do visit the other threads you'll find lots of interesting things and fun people :)

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Welcome Chris!!

It is great to have you joining us

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Welcome to the Group, Chris! You will love it here.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Hi Kringle! :)

Declutter, clean and organize the Master Bedroom -- DONE.
Decorate Master -- Lurking the web for inpspiration (Found ThriftyDecorChick.com) Wow!
Tackle the clothes closet. -- This is a Room Rescue of mine. 10 min day til done.
PLUS Flylady Zone of Week: Bathrooms (& Hallway area)

•Inventory holiday cards, gift wrap, and mailing suppliesDigital Christmas card address list. DONE.
•Print address labels for Christmas cards. DONE.
•Order, buy or print Christmas cards or letters. -- Need take photo first. Uhm...
(PERSONAL: Also work on Kodak Photo Books so can order during Oct discount.
Plan personal pampering sessions, and add them to December's calendar.
Set up a gift closet -- Got a new one (DH built us a window seat!), but needs a lock.

NEED TO CATCH UP:
Update calendars.
Inventory unfinished projects

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
Welcome to MHH kringle.

I did some work in the master bedroom tonight. It is amazing how quickly that place goes from zero to dungeon. ;) When we went to California in July it was spotless because my parents were staying at our house with the kids. I spent about an hour in there tonight and I think it might take about one more hour to get back to spotless. Our master bedroom is sort of like a suite area with laundry room, walk in closet and my little craft corner/scrapbook desk. Like I mentioned before there is always spill over from laundry (socks missing mates, kids stuff too small or needs mended) not to mention the objects without good homes that everybody likes to pile on my scrapbook desk. :rolleyes: It is just unbelievable how quickly it all adds up to piles of nonsense everywhere.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Hi Everyone!

I'm doing quite well in the master bedroom. I have decluttered quite a bit, and it's looking much better then it was.

Clothes? I'm not worrying about that yet as it's still a little chilly here. I generally do the seasonal swap over in mid - late November (and get them out again in May). Still a bit chilly in the mornings to put the winter stuff away haha!

Holiday Prep? Well, I have taken stock of my wrapping paper and cards. I will be needing to stock up in the next couple of weeks.

I have an updated Christmas Card List. Haven't printed labels yet, but I'm not sure if I'm doing that yet - I kind of like the idea of hand written envelopes :)

I have chosen my cards, which have just become available online, so will be buying those soon.

I don't think a professional pampering will fit in to the budget, but I'm thinking a girls afternoon with my sister and mum is on the cards! Looking forward to planning that one :)

Gift Closet - I dont' have one! Something to think about though :)

That's it for me for HHP (I'm off to post in the HGP thread now).

Have a great week everyone!!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I've had a busy morning.

I moved everything out of my bedroom and the closet. The closet is very big and has a lot of stuff in it.

I vacuumed and mopped. The dust bunnies weren't that bad.

This is a big part of my list complete.

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
It's 100 days! I'm excited and slightly nervous, too.

I'm making gift baskets tailored to each family's interests and likes. And little takeout boxes with the same idea for each of the kiddoes in our rather extended family. It helps to do this because otherwise it can get outrageously expensive. It's just time consuming. We're surprising our girls with a trip to Disneyland so I need to have everything done a week early which I like to do anyway.

I'm doing pretty well on this weeks assignments and I hope to have them finished tonight because I'm leaving in the am to go see my mom. Does anyone here freeze meals ahead for Dec? I like that idea but I never get far cuz I'm not sure what to make. Any ideas?

Cindasnow

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Okay I start every week gungho and then at the end of the week little has been done. This week started off with a double root canal. But the end of the week I really have no excuse. I have to get some work done today and hopefully that will be in my bedroom. I am so behind and more than ever I wish I was ahead of the game with this plan. Just found even more reason to get my self in gear. We are trying to refinance and are probably going to have to have an appraiser come out in the next week or two. YOu cannot even walk in my house right now. I also found out that if everyone else will cooperate we are doing Thanksgiving at my house. ( I have the most room) My mil is not going to be able to come up at Christmas because of a new job so she wants to come up for the week of Thanksgiving and do both Thanksgiving and Christmas sooooooooo. I have got to get serious and maybe even double up in a few weeks because I will need my tree and some of the basic Christmas decor up for Thanksgiving. Okay just needed to get that off my chest and find some motivation for the day. HOpefully I can come back tonight with something accomplished.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Cindasnow -- Ow, a root canal? What a way to start a week. You are in good company on the stress thing. Sounds like you just found out you have no option but to make things happen for the holidays so you are in the right place and in good company. It will all come together. Breathe. (Okay, now I'm going to turn around and tell myself the same thing because I've been in a panic for the past week too. Just too much going on.)

Kringle -- Yes, I do cook and freeze for Nov/Dec. My family would starve at that time of year if I didn't. I usually start now during the soccer season but haven't as of yet. I just removed grain from my diet and that has me thrown off a bit. There's lot on this board about Freezer Cooking though.

Got a chance yesterday to finish up on last week's list and did a magnificent job of fighting off 2 "events of the day" that tried to derail me. Managed to stay on task. Even pulled out all last year's Christmas cards to see what everyone else is doing with their cards. And I (GASP!) threw away a heap of Christmas magazines!

DONE
•Declutter, clean and organize the Master Bedroom
•PLUS Flylady Zone of Week: Bathrooms (& Hallway area)
•Inventory holiday cards, gift wrap, and mailing supplies
•Digital Christmas card address list.
•Print address labels for Christmas cards.
•Update calendars.
•Inventory unfinished projects -- OH MY LORD THERE'S A LOT OF THEM!!!

Catch Up
•Tackle huge inventory of unfinished house projects. One at a time.
•Order Christmas cards & write letter. -- Need take photo first.
•Work on Kodak Photo Books so can order during Oct discount.
•Block out me time on December's calendar.
•Get a lock for gift closet.

Now off to this week's list which I should have started Monday! LOL!