Week Three - Me and Mine

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Cindylouwho... why get the grains off your diet? because of gluten?

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Cindylouwho... why get the grains off your diet? because of gluten?

Yup -- It started with a regular doctor's appointment but on the agenda we are always watching for diabetes (which I don't have, but runs in the family). I was complaining how I am tired of my joints being so sore all thedarn time (particularly my knees which I thought was arthritus). Told me to cut the gluten and see how I feel. I dropped the gluten and my joints were cured in a few days. *jaw drop* Keeping one day of gluten per week in my life but am now on the lookout for gluten alternatives for the other 6 days. So I'm a bit distracted from my routine.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I had no idea of the effect of gluten but I know they are saying more & more to avoid it as much as possible.

I'd love to know all about your new diet & alternatives . I know Ahoursesoul follows this too.

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
I have had to go gluten free as has my middle DD. Celiacs disease runs in the family, although I was only aware of one relative with it so it never really occured to me. For years I had been having several health issues- exhausted, achy, creaky joints, digestive issues, etc. The drs couldn't figure it out and I actually had 3 different ones suggest antidepressants and seeing a psychiatrist. When my DD started having problems I had her try cutting gluten too. I never had it diagnosed by a physician but I have no doubt that it was the gluten. Once I went gf all my symptoms went away or became much more managable. The only time I deal with some of them is if I eat something I should not. The hard part for me has been identifying it in other foods besides the obvious.