Weekly To-Do List for Week of May 17-23rd

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Morning MHHers!

Another week of May down. What do you have planned this week? What absolutely MUST get done and what is less important? It's all about priorities!

HAVE TO DO:
[X] Doc appt.
[X] Steering meeting
[X] [X] DD preschool (last week)
[X] DD picnic
[X] DD tumble
[X] FRG meeting
[X] Vacuum
[X] Laundry
[X] Army Wife Seminar

NEED TO DO:
[ ] Check garden plot
[ ] Pack at least a few boxes

WANT TO DO:
[X] Finish book
[X] Bingo

Last edited:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Thank You for starting our list -- and our week -- MrsSoup! Wow -- May 17 - 23!!! May really is moving by!

Monday: Business luncheon with dh
Work in foyer and front hall closet
Work in my closet
Dcluttering/Filing Paperwork & bills
Move It Out Monday

Tuesday: Breakfast with dh, dd & dgs#3
MHH Bathroom Scrub & Shine Day
Big Laundry Day
More work in closet
Divide & plant Shasta Daisies
Track It Tuesday

Wednesday: MHH Kitchen Scrub & Shine Day
Big Laundry Day
More work in bedroom closet
Wold Card Wednesday

Thursday: Declutter Marathon
Thirty Minute Thursday (weeding beside front porch)
Pick Up dgs & help dsil with homework & dinner & baths
Drive dd to airport
Stay until dgs18 months is asleep.

Friday: Pick up dgs & help dsil with homework & dinner
Fifteen Minute Friday

Saturday: Revised Plan: Continue babysitting
Fix Flat Tire
Decluttering Paperwork

Sunday: Thrift Shop Half-Price Day
Concert 3:00
Softball Game
Decluttering Paperwork
Invite Special Friends For Dinner Here

Last edited:

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Thank you Mrs. Soup(good luck with the packing!)
Have to do-
{*}Go look at Dishwasher for sale
{}meal plan and shop
{*}laundry and dishes
{*}lunches
{*}work
{}paint DS's bedroom

Need to do
{}paint kichen ceiling
{}paint mudroom
{}clean out fridge

Want to do
{*}read new magazine
{}straighten hair
{}mani/pedi myself
{}get prize ready for "CIJ"
{} compile some elf ideas!

That's a start! Thanks for the inspiration Ladies!

Last edited:

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I have been finding this list helpful to me in getting things done.
I'm going to try a different approach and set the timer for a specified time. My house is clean right now so what I want to do is the general decrapifying routine. Try and see what I can pare down and organize.

Chores:
Bathroom- Tuesday-DONE
40 Minute timer (see above)- daily- DONE

Social:
Vote- Tuesday (we have a special election here)-DONE
Relay for Life- Wrap up meeting- Weds, 5:30-DONE
Women's Group- Thursday, 6:00pm-DONE
Church- Sunday

Other:
Eyebrow/lip Threaded- DONE! OUCH- Waited too long!

Last edited:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
AnnieClaus -- will you share your ideas on decrapifying -- using the timer? Are you just going to grab a trash bag (and maybe a donation box) and see how much you can get rid of in a given period of time? Or -- are you going to have cleaning supplies too -- and take things out and clean and organize -- WHILE you are getting rid of things?

Over the weekend...... I took a trash bag and just went around, looking for things I no longer needed to keep. But... I did NOT do cleaning and organizing at the same time.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
SparkleNana-

My plan is to pick one area of the house, set the timer and see what happens. I will have duster, windex, and clothes close by.

It could be rearranging things- I feel that clearing off a shelf, let's say- dusting everything on the shelf, the shelf itself and then putting things back in a different way can give something a whole new fresh look.

I may spend one day with a stack of magazines/catalogues and flipping through them, getting rid of them.

And I want to go through my clothes- like Dakotasmamaw and MrsSoup were saying.

The only way I have EVER found that works for me when it comes to cleaning and organizing is to set the timer (either on the microwave or my cell phone).
If I say: I'm going to organize today. Somehow it takes the whole day because I get distracted. If I set the timer, I work quicker and will ignore the phone and will not get pulled away by the TV, computer, or a book.
Sometimes I set the timer to see if I can beat it. Like yesterday with my pile in my room. I thought it would take me 40 minutes to clean up. So, that's what I set the timer for. And guess what- it only took 15 minutes!!!!! Because I was focused and trying to "beat" the timer.

Annie

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Thank you, AnnieClaus! I really love the idea of setting the timer and having supplies and seeing what happens! I suspect that what does happen is determined by the area you choose. Like the areas that I have gone through a lo -- there are only occasional things that I can get rid of. But cleaning and organizing DOES give things a fresh appearance and "good energy"!

I am going to set the timer and do 15 minutes in my office/guest room. (The worst place in my home -- the dumping ground)

Last edited:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hey --- that worked pretty well. I decided to "roll" the items in my drawers -- which gave me a lot more room. And... I was able to toss a lot of old, horrible stuff. Now... I like to wear what I have.

After this break, I'll go back and work some more.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Have To Do

[ ] Pay electric bill

[ ] Take end table to Goodwill

[ ] Bag another bag of trash from garage....DECLUTTER

Need to Do

[ ] Set up dentist appointments

[ ] Call insurance company

[ ] Clean another section in garage

Want to Do

[ ] Wrap gifts for Birthday Bash Wednesday night

[ ] Update blogs

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Gingerbug -- I LOVE your idea for Track It Tuedsay. A day emphasize things we need to do such as -- make menus, work on calendars, clean our desks, pay some bills, do some paperwork, etc. etc. I am addin ghi so my Weekly To Do List. I'm setting out a notebook and pen -- so I can jot things down as I pass by.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Wild Card Wednesday - today, May 19th. Today -- the ground is nice and soft -- from rain the last couple of days. It is SO much easier to pull weeds when the ground is soft. So -- THAT is my job for Wild Card Wednesday. Pulling weeds.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Thirty Minute Thursday was ALSO very helpful to me> I have been putting off weedding the area right beside our front porch. Today - thirty minutes of work made a NOTICEABLE difference! Yay1

Today - 15 Minute Friday -- is the perfect amount of time to take care of some important bills!

I am finding that these "Slogan ays" are helpful in taking care of things that have been "nagging" at me! Thank you, Gingerbug!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
SparkleNana-

I must confess, I haven't done my "timer" cleaning, decrapifying at all this week.

I was thinking about it last night and I could do 300 minutes over the weekend. This is 5 hours of decrapifying. If I could do 2.5 hours each on Saturday and Sunday, I would be caught up.

We'll see.

Annie

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
AnnieClaus -- 300 minutes! 300 minutes -- sounds so luxurious! 300 minutes of "decrapifying" sounds like SO MUCH! It sounds like it..... could make a NOTICEABLE difference! It is extremely tempting to me...... to join in! Two-and-a-half hours on both Saturday and Sunday. That does NOT sound impossible........

I am interested in joining you in this 300 Minute Weekend!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
SparkleNana:

We could do ten 30 minute sessions.

5 on Saturday

5 on Sunday

I'm going to challenge myself to do it!

I've been wanting to get into my closet for awhile. This may be the weekend to go for it!

Annie

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
YES!

And.... everyone is invited to join us!

Five sessions on Saturday; five sessions on Sunday. Each session is thirty minutes long -- which is one half-hour TV show. I like to have a TV show keep me company while I am decrapifying! (And the commercials are great for "running around time" -- get another trash bag -- or take one out to the trash can. Or take a bag of donations out to the trunk of the car. Or... get some cleaning supplies from the closet... etc. etc.

I am going to spend some time going through old paperwork. And some time going through my closet. I don't know if I will stick to those two areas -- or give something additional a whirl......

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Great Idea - I'll be joining in.

I'm getting some blinds installed on Monday in the master bedroom and I need to make it somewhat presentable!

Not sure about you guys, but my master bedroom tends to be a bit of a dumping ground for things when I'm tidying the rest of the house up :/

The 30 minute bursts make it less... overwhelming :)

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Hmm, i'll attempt this challenge. :) I can think of several areas that need it desperately before I start packing everything up.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I'm going to post my 30 minutes here. It will help to know if I can come here and mark DONE by each one as I go.

Saturday:

30 minutes- DONE

30 minutes- DONE

30 minutes- DONE

30 minutes- DONE

30 minutes- DONE

Sunday:

30 minutes- DONE

30 minutes- DONE

30 minutes- DONE

30 minutes- DONE

30 minutes

Last edited:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Good idea, AnnieClaus. I finished helping dsil with the grandsons, and came home and did 30 minutes of decluttering this afternoon! I was quite happy.

Then........ dsil called again....... and a giant vortex sucked me up and took me back to take care of beloved grandsons until a little while ago! I JUST got home..... made some supper....... and am catching up on emails!!!!!!

At least dd has returned, happily, to her family!!!

I hope to do some more 30 minute sections tonight! And.... I hope to catch up tomorrow!

We must ALWAYS remember..... that...... REAL LIFE HAPPENS!

But I still want those 300 glittery minutes of decrapifying this weekend! And I'm going to do whatever it takes to get them!!!!!!!!!! Even if most of them have to be tomorrow!!!!