what is your menu this year?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

StressLess

Retire Member
Jun 4, 2008
Memphis TN
Hi Everyone!
This year we are having
turkey and dressing, gravy, turnip greens, corn casserole, pinto beans, fresh tomatoes and onions, spaghetti (for my kids), cranberry sauce, a layered cake dessert, and apple dumplings

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
My menu is;turkey,stuffing,white potatoes;sweet potatoes,cranberry sauce,green beans;corn,biscuits,pickles,olives and desserts are pies,ambrosia,and a cake as well as baked goodies which are cookies,breads.:sleigh:::eek:rnament::stocking:

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I truly don't know. I don't have the energy to make a huge meal and we will not be with family this year due to my compromised immune system. Let's see...

Gluten steaks, baked potatoes, dinner rolls, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, and cabbage salad. Should be doable.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Re: Menu

Also, where are the emoticons? Are we limited to the few smiles at the bottom of the page? What happened to all the colorful ones?

Yes, I was wondering the same. :)

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Re: Menu

Oh, my, yes, I'm hungry after reading all these yummy menu's!

Ours is like:

Turkey and Gravy
Carrots and Celery w/Ranch dip + Mixed nuts for appetizer tray
Mashe Taters
Stuffing
Corn Pudding (Jiffy Mix w/ can of corn and extra butter and eggs!)
Sweet Tater Casserole
Green Bean Casserole
Egg Bread (in bread machine)
Cranberry Salad (raw)
Pumpkin pie

I'd like to make a good corn bread stuffing. Never tried. Hmmmmm.

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
We will be having

a spiral cut ham with Dijon and pineapple glaze,
broccoli and cheese casserole,
homemade rolls,
mash potato's and gravy,
Pecan pie
apple pie
basil and cheese triangles
pasta salad with crab
green salad

Belles

Retire Member
We are having our large tradional family dinner this Sunday at my SIL so Thanksgiving day at our home we have decided to stray just a bit from tradition.

Turkey
Pork Loin
Oyster Dressing
Herb Dressing
Garlic Roasted Potaoes
Congealed Cranberry/Pecan Salad
Succotash
String Bean Cassorle
Sweet Potatoe Delight (This stuff is awesome! (Recipe on my everydayblog)

Pies: Coconut, Chocolate Chess, Pecan, Creamcheese Pumpkin
Poundcake
10 Layer Chocolate Cake

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
It is so much fun to read these posts! Cmerth -- do not feel the least bit guilty about not cooking! I am not cooking! And -- I feel GREAT about not cooking!

We are having Thanksgiving Feast In A Box from a fabulous, Buddist vegetarian resterant near us. It is Not cheap. ($70 for four!) And we could only do it if we had a small number for dinner - four!

I also bought a deluxe Pecan Pie from Whole Foods (expensive) with whipped cream and rich vanilla ice cream to go with. And - I baked a delicious frozen cherry pie made by Mrs.Smith and baked by me. AND -- a tiny blueberry pie (for dh) baked by a lady at the Farmers' Market. And a small pumpkin bread. And homemade rolls - baked by a different lady at the Farmers' Market!

Also - side dishes of mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, and green bean cassarole - made by BobEvans. And - a mixed vegetable medly - made by BirdsEye.

AND - two frozen (veggie) turkey roasts - which are fabulous cold for turkey sandwiches. Cranberry sauce (canned). And various squashes, from the FarmersMarket, roasted beside the turkey roasts.

My goal is to have delicious leftovers for the weekend.

I am really not cooking at all. I have cooked many, many meals and feasts over the 48 years of our marriage. And I plan to cook many more. But -- not EVERY one, thank you!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I'm not cooking today...but am taking Creamy Green Bean Casserole to my mom's and pumpkin rolls to both mom's and mil's.

We just taste-tested the pumpkin roll and it was perfect!

They will both be serving about the same things:

Turkey, Stuffing, Gravy, a veggie, mashed potatoes, rolls, cranberry sauce and assorted desserts. My mom will have pumpkin pie. My mil will also have ham and pasta salad and a tossed salad. Her desserts will be cinnamon rolls from a local bakery (yum) and fruit pies. I'm providing the pumpkin dessert this year. :0)

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Belles~

I would love that recipe for the sweet potato delight! I can't find it on your blog.

Thanks!

Lisa