What was your favorite Christmas related gift you received?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
I am looking for ideas for gifts next year and also to put on my wish list :smile:

I had two:
1. Christmas animation TV classic collection (Has year without Santa, The Grinch, Twas the Night Before Christmas, and more) I have already asked for the other collection for next year (Rudolph, Frosty and others)
2. A variety of snowbuddies to add to collection

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Can it be something I bought myself???

I have a ban on holiday decor....I have too much...I need to showcase what I have and enjoy it fully...but today after Christmas shopping I bought a cute little wooden advent house with 25 doors. Next year I will put daily clues inside the doors that led to little gifts or treats...

that and some 50% off holiday dishes that are white with gold trim...so can be used all year for special events...so I did pretty well...avoiding adding decor!!!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
It wasn't for me but for my ds9 from me a 3ft Nutcracker. One of my brothers bought him one on his first Christmas because he went nuts over them at the stores. So I continue to get him one everyyear. And he still goes nuts over them. When you ask him what his favorite chistmas decoration is he will say his collection of nutcrackers.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
My husband got me a very cute little snowman and I bought a red Santa tray yesterday for half off at Walmart.

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
My sister and her DH gave us a set of three poinsetta bowls. They look like a poinsetta on the inside. The three bowls are big enough to be used as serving bowls. They are handcrafted and dishwasher safe although I think I'd handwash. They are beautiful. :)

ChristmasMissy

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Georgia
I got ABC cookie cutters.....Already Been Chewed...lol It's three gingerbread men one with his head bit off, one with a leg bit off and the other with an arm bit off. They are so cute! I got gingerbread mix with it so I was thinking of saving it until Valentine's day and decorating them with icing and red hots...lol Or maybe I can find some cute Valentine candies to decorate with. (I can check now since Walmart put out the Valentine's stuff on December 26th...LOL)

rockin_granola

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
Go Colts!
www.rockingranola.com
ChristmasMissy said:
I got gingerbread mix with it so I was thinking of saving it until Valentine's day and decorating them with icing and red hots...lol Or maybe I can find some cute Valentine candies to decorate with. (I can check now since Walmart put out the Valentine's stuff on December 26th...LOL)
Cute idea! And those cookie cutters sound like a riot! :haha: How fun!

:package: My favorite was a giant bottle of Philosophy's Peppermint bath & shower gel - smells soooooo good and it is in the cutest pink, red, and white striped bottle! And, it is so huge that I think it is going to last me for a long time and I'll be able to enjoy a little peppermint holiday luxury whenever I'm in the Christmas mood this year (maybe I'll make a peppermint bath a Rudolph Day tradition?). (not to mention I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when hubby dared to go into Sephora alone LOL)

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Well, my favorite was my new dehydrator.

Hubby's favorite was a booklet I made on Snapfish.com about his 50th birthday party.

Teen daughter's fav was the Japanese translation machine (for lack of a better word) Looks like a calculator.

Preschool son enjoyed all toys! Remote control cars!

Grandparents enjoyed the calendar I made them on Snapfish.com. You can put in all sorts of family pictures! I get four for relatives and one for us.

:package:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
My favorite Christmas related gift is my "Big Red" horse-he is a white horse with pictures of Santas all over him. You can see him at my blog. The link is in my signature line. Scroll down a little and you'll see him there. Love him!! DH's sister and brother in law gave him to me!

Edited to add: I just clicked over and you'll have to go to the link that says "older posts" and click on it, then scroll down a little. I"m sure there's an easier way to get you there, but I'm not savvy enough to know it!! sorry!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I now have a hanging glass square that has Rudolph walking in a winter scene. Sound weird but it's really nice. I may keep it up all year.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
My favorite would probably be the snowman pillow that my sister made me.

2nd--My older sister made me a reindeer couple that you can put candy canes in.

BUT then grandma got me........................
I LOVE CHRISTMAS items. :heartbeat:

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
ChristmasMissy, your ABC gingerbread cookie cutters sound so CUTE!! Yes, use them all year!
Cathymac, your horse is gorgeous! What a great gift.

My favorite Christmas related gift: DS14 worked with his music teacher (who has a recording studio in her basement) and made me a CD of him playing Deck the Halls. He plays the guitar, bass and keyboard parts, and mixed in the percussion. It's wonderful!

ygrandma1

Retire Member
Dec 30, 2007
One of my favorites this year, was a birthday gift from my son's girl friend. She asked me what I wanted and I told her a book. She took the time to search out some short stories and have them printed on Christmas scrapbook paper and bound in a binder. She put all pages in sheet protectors and had a cover made that said " Christmas stories to warm the Heart". I have a story section in my notebook but I would have never thought of doing this for someone. I and other people have spent a lot of time enjoying it. Thought it might be an idea someone else could use.
Noel