Gift Closet 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Due to microchip shortages we have been unsuccessful in purchasing an item for my eldest son since last Christmas, but he understands the complications that Covid has created and is waiting; however, I am beginning to think they'll bring out a new console before they are able to fill demand for the old one.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Ordered a few more things from Amazon for my husband. I bought him a mini refrigerator today for the big garage. The one he had appears to be fried from a lighting strike. I’m wanting to get him a “critter cam” yet. We have so much wild life here and he enjoys watching the live feeds on you tube. Son is helping me with that. I was doing some research and was feeling a little over my head. After that I’m done with him.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I bought a kit of wood carving tools for dh ... his retirement is coming soon, thinking he might like that.
That is a lovely gift Lucie.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Wanting to buy DH a new BBQ. The one we have is quite old and very large, probably too large for the two of us to use. I need to speak with him and ask him which one he might like.
He also would like some new heavy duty gardening gloves. I have these in my online cart, just need to order them for pick up.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I got some ideas for DDIL at the Verizon store yesterday. Have to order from Amazon.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have given DH a few gift ideas for myself. It will be interesting to see how he goes this year. I am still waiting for a jigsaw puzzle from last year.:D

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I found a pair of sleep shorts for DS. If I stick to the basic 4 - want, need, eat, read - I might almost be done with DS and DDIL for Christmas.

Food baskets for the 8 nights of Hanukkah - been working on those all year - just have to sort

Stocking stuffers - maybe basics like toothpaste, handcream, etc.

DH ???????????

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
We are still looking for a critter cam for my husband. I did find some vests for him at kohl’s.
Picked up a few non perishable food items for my son.
I need to get my list to my husband. I’m going to add dancing lessons to my list again this year. Not very hopeful though.....

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Dropped off a car load of stuff at the thrift shop. I ran in to look for books and found another Tom Clancy book and a very nice copy of the Joy of Cooking for my son

Reactions: HouseElf

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I appliqued a teeshirt for my Mum. 3 Christmas trees on an olive green shirt. I think she will like it.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Some of our gifts this year to my older dc will be practical things that I use often in the home. I picked up the makings for a home remedy cough medicine that we use at the first sign of a cold. They will get the recipe and the ingredients with a jar to make it in. I also picked up baby bottle brushes for cleaning out blenders and other awkward items that are hard to reach. I will also get them toothbrushes for the same use.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, what wonderful and practical gifts. I am sure that the kids will find them very useful

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Some of our gifts this year to my older dc will be practical things that I use often in the home. I picked up the makings for a home remedy cough medicine that we use at the first sign of a cold. They will get the recipe and the ingredients with a jar to make it in. I also picked up baby bottle brushes for cleaning out blenders and other awkward items that are hard to reach. I will also get them toothbrushes for the same use.
My son loves those types of gifts! I’m sure they will be appreciated. I’m curious about your home cough remedy. Could you please share?

I found another Tom Clancy book at the Project Learn book store yesterday.

I m working on a list for another Amazon order. Mostly movies and a few after thought gifts. I may place another TCM order too

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
My son loves those types of gifts! I’m sure they will be appreciated. I’m curious about your home cough remedy. Could you please share?

I found another Tom Clancy book at the Project Learn book store yesterday.

I m working on a list for another Amazon order. Mostly movies and a few after thought gifts. I may place another TCM order too
Myron's Mom - I thought of you yesterday while at Hobby Lobby. They had a cowbell type ornament! You mentioned it last year that you look for them and it had me chuckling when I saw it. My husband is a drummer and I've tried to convince him the need for me to play more cowbell when the band plays. LOL!

Cough Remedy
¼ teaspoon cayenne
¼ teaspoon ginger
2 Tablespoon organic Cider Vinegar (with residue at the bottom.)
2 Tablespoon lemon juice (I've subbed out with water when I didn't have lemon juice.)
2 Tablespoon honey

Dissolve cayenne and ginger in cider vinegar and water. Add honey and shake well. Take 1 Tablespoon as needed for cough.

I might use this every 3 hours at the onset of a cough or sore throat. This has a kick and it is watery. I tend to chase it down with water just to get the acid off of my teeth. I keep it on the counter when dealing with a cough/sore throat. Then I keep any thing left over in the refrigerator until someone else needs it.

If anything, it clears the sinuses! :D

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, there can never be too much cowbell. Have you seen the skit when Will Farrell is in a band and he plays cowbell......so funny.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
So has anyone else priced kid's bikes lately? Good gravy!!! They have been out of stock at our stores for a while - finally saw some at Meijer and they were $250 to $300!!! That price has gone UP! We keep hoping to find a deal online...DS has just outgrown his - too tall for it now!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Myron's Mom - I thought of you yesterday while at Hobby Lobby. They had a cowbell type ornament! You mentioned it last year that you look for them and it had me chuckling when I saw it. My husband is a drummer and I've tried to convince him the need for me to play more cowbell when the band plays. LOL!

Cough Remedy
¼ teaspoon cayenne
¼ teaspoon ginger
2 Tablespoon organic Cider Vinegar (with residue at the bottom.)
2 Tablespoon lemon juice (I've subbed out with water when I didn't have lemon juice.)
2 Tablespoon honey

Dissolve cayenne and ginger in cider vinegar and water. Add honey and shake well. Take 1 Tablespoon as needed for cough.

I might use this every 3 hours at the onset of a cough or sore throat. This has a kick and it is watery. I tend to chase it down with water just to get the acid off of my teeth. I keep it on the counter when dealing with a cough/sore throat. Then I keep any thing left over in the refrigerator until someone else needs it.

If anything, it clears the sinuses! :D
Lol! I think I need to go to hobby lobby to look for that cowbell!!
Thanks for the recipe!! I’m going to try it next time. Cayenne, ginger and cider vinegar will pretty much fix anything!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I got a can of Off the other nite to put into Jaymee's stocking. Her town is terrible with mosquitos and they are outside all the time. Told Allen to be watching if he is in town and see if it goes on sale (should be) and get a couple more. I try to put useful things in the stockings.