2013 Words

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have not given it too much thought yet but will have to start thinking about my word for 2013. I try to find something that is attainable and that really will make a difference.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Health..
:as defined: ... physical, emotional, mental, and social ability to cope with one's environment.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
that is a good word HouseElf. Health means so much more than just the physical doesn't it?

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I have been thinking of my word for a while now and I have decided it is going to be PEACE.

PEACE in the world
PEACE in my life
PEACE in my mind
PEACE in my heart

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lovely Mel. Will love to follow your peaceful journey throughout 2013.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I've been really thinking about my word the last few days. I've done some research, looked at some websites that suggest motivational and inspirational words, but I keep coming back to Annie's ROUTINE. Tranquil, which is defined by Webster as "free from agitation of mind or spirit; free from disturbance or turmoil" was a close second, but the more I thought about it, I came to the conclusion that, in my life, ROUTINE would create TRANQUILITY, which is the state of being tranquil.

So, I'm joining Annie on her journey with "Routine."

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
oh Jane, I like Tranquil!!! I'll keep looking but this one really strikes a chord with me.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
My word last year was Tranquil but I didn't really feel that. I did get better at dealing with things but I think I definitely still need lots of work in that area especially with how frustrated i'm getting with the military and this unit. I think I had found a slightly different definition last year but I love the one Jane shared from Webster: "free from agitation of mind or spirit; free from disturbance or turmoil". That may have to be my word again this year with a new meaning from last year. But i'm going to think on it.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Efficiently

Achieving maximum productivity with minimum wasted effort or expense.
Working in a well-organized and competent way.

I'd like to have some more organization in parts of my life. I'm good with the everyday things but I have a lot of non essential items that could be more efficient if organized better. With staff for DD here I really need to work on this for them and me. So it should be a year of getting down and dirty into the hidden corners of my life.

Edit: Changing to Effectiveness after reading this quote:
“Efficiency is doing things right; effectiveness is doing the right things.” Peter F Drucker

Last edited:

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Jane- I so look forward to our year of: ROUTINE!

Jessica- I love the thought of doing the same word again but with a different meaning and intention behind it!

Mel- I love your word choice. It sounds perfect for you and where you are at in your life!

Ahorsesoul- Your word sounds like the perfect choice for you as well!

Annie

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
When I sat down and thought about it I did have some good moments of openess after all last year. I stillneed a little more though for my new word.
Organize was a word I Was thinking before. It can be similar to routine but Im looking at it a little differently. Here are some definations:
1=to arrange by systematic planning and united effort- organize our family with chores (united effort), meal plans...

2-to cause to develop an organic structure- when I think organic I think there is room for change, it is not so structured in a way that doesn't work for us

3-to arrange elements into a whole of interdependent parts- this goes for my purse, my coupons, craft supplies...

so so far I am liking this idea.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am thinking that my word will be "Basics"
I think we all get carried away by all sorts of things and life becomes too tough. I need to get back to the basics, with my menu planning at home, what I use to clean my home with, how I treat people (have you noticed we treat strangers better than the ones we love?), what I give people for gifts and how I live my life in general.

I need to pare down what I bring into the house and survive on the basics. I do not need 36 kitchen towel, I need 3 as I wash every day. I need to find time for what brings me joy and not worry about fitting things in I feel obligated to.

Anyway,

Last edited:

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Katrina, I love your thoughts about the word basics. Good job!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Katrina-wonderful word! and such true thoughts on them matter

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Katrina- What a beautiful choice!

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thank you Annie, Shannon and Jane, I am excited about the upcoming year and the changes it may bring.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Would it be terribly selfish if my word for 2013 is "ME"?? Gosh when I read it, it sure sounds that way. BUT during the past few years I've had some life changes, some may remember I moved cross country twice since 2009, and I just can't seem to get "ME" back. I want to be the ME that made time for, well, ME! I don't exercise anymore, I don't scrapbook anymore, geez I don't even polish my nails anymore. This is also the first year in years that I haven't been into the Christmas season, or this site,or my notebook...I always seem to be at the bottom of the list, and I think I need to desperately change that!

I have always loved the idea of the Celebrate Me day, on the date of your birthday, but never ever did anything for myself. I truly want to make 2013 the year I put myself back on the list!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Christmaslvr- I absolutly DO NOT think your choice of the word, "Me," is selfish.

One thing I have always noticed about the women here is we often put ourselves on the very bottom of the list- if at all!!!

I think it is great that you want to dedicate a year to getting in back with what makes you tick, function and thrive in this world.

Also- you are not alone- I have been struggling as well with getting into the holiday spirit. I feel it here and there- sometimes big feelings. But an overall feeling of joy- nope, I'm struggling this year.

Annie

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
My word is chosen... it jumped at me when Jane wrote about it... first time I have a word that I feel so strongly about.

Tranquil: "free from agitation of mind or spirit; free from disturbance or turmoil"

Goes with my state of mind these past few months.

sloanmama

Retire Member
Dec 6, 2009
Ohio
I've chosen my word. I have had a thought "phrase" in my mind of what I wanted my word to be related to but couldn't think of the actual word. Then I saw Pam's word for this year and it was like a light went off... duh, CONTENT. Content is exactly the word I've been looking for! So, I hope you don't mind Pam... but I'm borrowing your 2012 word... CONTENT.