2022 Healthy Living

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
DH and I started going back to the gym. Just doing treadmill / stationary bike right now to get back into the groove of things and I started the Atkins earlier this week. Never realized how many carbs I was consuming daily!!! So far so good except for my coffee, trying to adjust with cream and no sugar or using stevia which is really harder then I thought it would be. I love my International Delight creamers.
I have given up sweet coffee. It took me awhile. I love this little gal and her tips. She drinks Keto (Bullet Coffee). She has several videos on Keto Coffee. Here's one ...
. It's all I drink now in the mornings. :) I have a hand immersion blender. I just use grass fed butter, coconut oil (as it's what I use for cooking), pinch of Himalayan pink salt. Then I mix up the spices ... some days it's pumpkin spice blend, or chi blend, or cardamon, ... I always put a dash of tumeric in. Some days its a dash of vanilla or almond extract.

@Minta Oops! LOL wrong video link .... Here is the right one ...

Last edited:
Reactions: luludou

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have never jumped on the Bullet coffee train. I figured I would like since I love butter but guess not in coffee. Like cream in coffee but never have liked sugar. Like a caramel high rise from caribou but not sweetened coffee which makes no sense at all. And I didn’t like the added calories from the butter and oil. I might try adding some ground cardamom.

Last edited:
Reactions: luludou and jampss

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I don't drink coffee, but I follow alot of people that swear by Bullet Coffee. I'm just over here trying to stay warm and drinking a cup of Apple Spice tea. I wanted hot chocolate, but didn't want to take the calories, so the tea is as good as it gets this am.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Oops, I copied and pasted the wrong link above! Here it is ...
Apple Spice Tea sounds LOVELY!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
If you have Instagram this guy is fabulous. He shares all kinds of exercise for beginners or ways you can adapt for all kinds of needs. He has an website too, but has monthly memberships for that. The info he shares on Instagram is short, free and super helpful I think.

Instagram: Justin Agustin

His website: Justin Agustin

Reactions: luludou and jampss

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
So far so good except for my coffee, trying to adjust with cream and no sugar or using stevia which is really harder then I thought it would be. I love my International Delight creamers.
It is difficult. I found that stevia is a different taste but it was bearable with cream. Now I've had to drop the cream for non-fat milk. :rolleyes:

Reactions: jampss

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Thanks everyone .. Its getting easier drinking my coffee with just cream .. still not as good LOL but its easier

Reactions: jampss

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Reactions: Minta

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Minni Co- Thanks for the Justin Augustin recommendation.
I also really like Carter Good.

Another gal I follow, Natasha Pherson. She just lost 75 pounds after having her 3rd baby.
One of the things she just posted about said this and it really spoke to me:

"If I were to tell anyone who is starting a weight loss journey anything about what I've learned, what I would tell them in starting out: Do not worry about the scale. Focus on several tasks/habits that in doing them will produce weight loss."

Simple, easy steps and things to think about.

I have never tried bullet proof coffee but I do sometimes like to sprinkle cinnamon into the grounds before brewing.

Annie

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I set up my new workout schedule this week. I'll be going to work out at the rec gym Monday and Fridays and then do aqua fit on Tuesday and Thursdays. I've been so nervous to go to the gym because the I have no idea how to use the equipment. When I went yesterday, I found out I picked the perfect days and perfect time because the lady who teaches Aqua Zumba in the summer is there for Silver Sneakers on Mondays and Fridays to help anyone who needs help. So she offered to show me how to use all the equipment. We got through half of it and when I go back Friday I'll learn how to use the other pieces. That made me feel much more confident. I barely started the arm /shoulder workout and my neck definitely feels it, so I'll need to be super careful. I also caught my good side on the left over compensating for the bad side. That was rough. It felt good when I got home knowing I actually did it. I figure if I'm going to be in pain, I might as well work out and be in pain. Hopefully it will eventually even out and the strength I gain will benefit my back and spine.

As far as food I'm working the WW program faithfully for 10 days so I can enjoy wings on Superbowl Sunday and go out for Valentines Day on Monday.

I'm looking forward to my in person WW meeting tomorrow because I wasn't able to go for those 2 weeks because I had covid. It definitely helps motivate me.

Annie, I'll look up Carter Good.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Michelle- Awesome you went to the gym! Often we feel embarrassed or don't know what to do. Way to conquer your fear!
I see you found Carter. I just LOOOOVEEE his posts!

Frosty- Lobster tails! I want!!

Great job everyone!

Annie

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Michelle ~ So glad you broke the ice at the gym! Good fortune to have someone available to show you how to use the equipment safely. I do some of the Classical Stretch videos, and she is always telling stories about letters she gets from people who use the program about how they feel so much better, and this or that ailment is now gone. It might be a little hype, but she really does work all the muscles in a gentle way, yet it feels like a pretty good stretch-workout. I was just thinking it might be something to try for your neck/shoulders.

I got a great compliment last night at the ski lodge we were staying at. A young(er) woman I was chatting with said that I look like I keep myself in good shape. That was so rewarding to hear after all the work I've been putting in.

Keep it up ladies!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
DahliaDoll- Congrats on the wonderful compliment and all of your hard work!!!!
It's nice someone took the time to say something.

Annie

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Dahlia, that would feel amazing to hear.

Speaking of lobster tails, I've been thinking I want to pick some up for Monday evening. We're going out later, so I thought I'd fix an early dinner at home. Lobster tails have been on my mind for awhile.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
IT'S NOT FAIR!

We had friends over yesterday afternoon for Kaffee und Kuchen (a German tradition of having coffee and cake in the afternoon rather than a big dessert after a meal). My friend's DH is quite thin and tries to put weight ON! He had two large pieces of chocolate cherry upside-down cake and I sent a piece home with him. I served myself and my friend small pieces.

So when we do that, we don't have dinner. My weight seems fine this morning.