500 miles to Christmas!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Laney

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
St. Louis, MO
I was thinking about using my love of Christmas to create a fitness challenge for myself. I usually have like ZERO motivation to get moving. BUT I love having something to help me look forward to Christmas even more!!!

So I think I am going to start a walking challenge for myself to walk 500 miles before Christmas! That is just under 2 miles a day - not that difficult at all, right?!?!?

So who is interested in doing this? We could check in on Rudy Day and see how each month is going and how close we are to getting to our goal!

~Laney :skate:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada

Bren

Retire Member
Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
I'm in! I was exercising pretty regularly & then got sick & well....it's hard to get back on that treadmill again :pink: :thud: . If i am accountable to the board maybe I will be motivated :rotflol: Guess this means I have to clear the path to the treadmill, huh? lol. Actually my DH uses it like he is supposed to chick3 .

Bren bun1

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I'm in! One of my goals this year has been to get SOME exercise in each day - even if only 10 minutes if that's all I can squeeze in. Well, I've done okay (and that's a very lethargic okay), but I think that's because I'm not accountable to anyone - maybe this will help!

crazyhop

cipalla

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
PA
I think its great for everyone to jump in with. I couldn't do the 5 fruits a day though, they have alot of natural sugar in them and having 5 servings would defeat the purpose....on the other hand you can eat all the vegies without any sugar! Good luck everyone. bun1

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
Count me in...I just renewed my membership at our fitness center.

Laney

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
St. Louis, MO
OKay! I did it!!! I walked my first day :) I didn't quite get 2 miles, but about 1.75!! It is a start.

I'm so happy to see other people interested in this! Just another way to countdown (or is it countup?) to Christmas - with the added benefit of getting healthy!

holly-ivy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
sunny California
I'm in too. Walked today, tomorrow I will drive the route to figure out how long it is. The accountability will help.

Great idea, Laney! Glad others are joining. This will make it fun.

chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1
Laney/Bren/momof4/rackandrollgal/jackfrosty/holly-ivy

Bren

Retire Member
Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
HI,

I walked 2.02 miles last night bun1 ! My DS4 has a nasty virus & I feel like I may be getting it. Hope I will be able to keep moving....if not I will jump back in ASAP to catch up the miles.

Congrats to all of those who have joined in. We can do this! Let's get walking to Christmas :skate: .

Bren bunnylove

P.S. Holly-Ivy, I LOVE the CHICKS chick1 !!!

3LittleElves

Retire Member
Oct 12, 2007
Wisconsin
I sooooooo can't wait to start walking again. There has been way too much snow and ice to walk safely the past few months. I can handle cold, but when people don't shovel the sidewalks it's no fun to walk.

Okay I'm in. I can probably get some walking in while at work. I work in a gym for an apartment complex but with my new work schedule I can't do it BEFORE or AFTER work because I have to take the kids to school and my dad is already picking them up an hour before I get off of work. I will have enough time to feed them dinner before baseball, check homework and help oldest DS, and then the drive to baseball.

But as long as there is no one in the gym while I am working I can wear my pedometer and walk around the gym without getting in trouble if the leasing agents came in to show the gym to potential residents. If I go on the treadmill I would get caught and I don't want to lose my job. So I will bring my pedometer and get walking. If I am not needed to help out my kids' baseball teams I can walk arond the fields while they play outfield or not at bat when they are in the dugout. so can't me in chick1 !!!

holly-ivy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
sunny California
Just got back from my walk, still don't know how long it is. Forgot to drive it today! Hope to do so in the morning.

Welcome christmascreations. Hope that you can soon join us 3LittleElves.

chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1

Laney/Bren/momof4/rackandrollgal/jackfrosty/holly-ivy/christmascreations/3LittleElves

Laney

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Yuck! We got dumped on here in St. Louis today - like 9in. of snow!!! I was never able to get out and walk. Normally, if it is yucky out I will go to a local mall and walk. It is an awesome walking mall b/c one full lap around is a mile. Easy to track that way!!

However today it was so bad. I spent 1.5 hours driving to get to work, just to find out we were closing early and then spent 2.5 hours driving home. I only live 25 min. from work! Sheesh....

So I will have some catching up to do. Thats okay! I'll just do 3 miles the next couple of days!

Anyways - I am so excited to see so many people joining in! With this, Christmas will be here in no time flat!!

~Laney :)

Zend

Retire Member
Feb 2, 2008
Count me in. I really need something to motivate me to exercise. Will start within the next few days as I'm down with the flu at the moment. chick1

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
It was just plain YUCKY here yesterday! It rained all day. There is standing water in all the flat parts of the neighborhood. Today is cold, but looks as though it might be clear - I will get out today!!

we had rain and cancelled ball games yesterday and today is gorgeous out. A little hot so I might have to put some shorts on for my walk and sunscreen. We also have baseball practice tonight so I will do my best to get my "miles" in!! I have to check my car for my pedometer I think I left it there on Monday!!!! Otherwise I hope I didn't lose it!!!