500 miles to Christmas!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Well can't take a walk out here today... it's snowing (we should receive 30cm today and 25 on saturday)... plus winds 90 km/h.... it's really bad.... so it's a snowday for the kids and I took the day off (the roads are closed).

... did 5km on my stationary bike....

holly-ivy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
sunny California
Didn't get home until dark. Should have done what luludou did and ride the bike but didn't even think of it. Definitely will walk to today. Zend hope you are feeling better soon.

Our chorus line is growing!

chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1

Laney/Bren/momof4/rackandrollgal/jackfrosty/holly-ivy/christmascreations/3LittleElves/zend/luludou

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Got about 1 1/2 miles in yesterday! The sun is shining today, so I hope to get at least that in again this afternoon. Tomorrow will be another story - expecting up to 6 inches of snow with sleet and freezing rain - ugh!

holly-ivy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
sunny California
Walked yesterday. Had to wait until late afternoon, it was too warm earlier.

chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1
Laney/Bren/momof4/rackandrollgal/jackfrosty/holly-ivy/christmascreations/3LittleElves/zend/luludou

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Only able to get about a mile in yesterday - oe of those crazy days where I needed to be somewhere all day.

We're at the start of a winter storm warning which is expected to last until late afternoon tomorrow. Don't think I'll get a walk in today or tomorrow and with up to 12" expected, it might be another day or 2 before I can get out safely in my neighborhood :(

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
I'm joining in even though I'm behind in the miles. I normally walk a mile everyday so today I up'ed it to two miles. I use Leslie Sansone's Walk away the pounds dvd's so that I can walk indoors as it rains here alot.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ok, adding up... since monday.... 20 km on my bike.... (it's always snowing outside!!!)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I would love to join in on this! My two bosses and I have been watching our weight and weighing in once a week after work. I have not walked any this week. Tues. we had ice and I went to the doctor and have been home sick since! This is the first day I have felt like doing alittle of anything. I started a scarf for one of my nieces for Christmas but couldn't even stay with it. I have missed 3 days from work and went back to dr. this a.m. and temp was down to 100 something. Had been 102 and she told me yesterday when I came back that I might end up in the hospital if it wasn't down. DH has missed 3 days this week and he hasn't called in, in like 6-8 yrs.. I have brocutis (spelling!) and ear infection, DS 23 has inner ear infection and brocutis, and DH has brocutis almost to pnemonia (spelling bad again!) sent home a machine to do the breathing treatments with. DD (20 1/2) so far knock knock is okay. Last wk-end the DH, DS and I were outside working and I don't know if it was the wind or what. Sorry to bore you all with that information! BUT when nicer weather comes I will go full blast. I will be alittle scared to get out in the cold or wind for awhile!!! WAY TO GO TO ALL WHO ARE GOING WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we have storms a brewing here in Florida today along with flood and tornado warnings and watches right now....the downpours have been on and off and I hear the thunder rolling as I type....acckkk!!! I believe it is supposed to rain tomorrow also so I will have alot of catching up to do!!!

Laney

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Sheesh! So many of us are getting stuck with bad weather! We're still pushing on, though! Yay! I did miss another day due to craziness at work - but I'm just keeping tally as to how many miles I'm at. 496 miles to go!

holly-ivy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
sunny California
Between the weather and illness so many of you aren't able to walk. I had no excuse. Walked yesterday and today. It's helping my attitude.

chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1
Laney/Bren/momof4/rackandrollgal/jackfrosty/holly-ivy/christmascreations/3LittleElves/zend/luludou/dreamer/Terrylee5151

holly-ivy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
sunny California
Blaming the time change for not walking until today. Really that's just a lame excuse. Did walk today and it felt so good. Need to add up the miles and post how far or should I say little I've walked so far.

holly-ivy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
sunny California
Walked again today. Put my pedometer on first thing this morning and I've walked 10,000+ steps today. That use to be the minimum I walked every day. Today I had to push to do it.

How is everybody doing?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I was doing fine 5km per day (on my stationary bike - temp is yucky) since March 1st... but slipped this week haven't done any wednesday, thursday and won't have time tonight (hockey game for DS in town and we'll be back late)... oops!!! will have to do better over the weekend. :irishkiss: