After Christmas Clearance...What are you excited about?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
We did go to one store this afternoon and I bought 3 t-shirts to give to nephews for Easter... they were $12 each and they were on sale... should've cost $4 each but when we checked out they were $2 each! Got 2 sticker albums with stickers for my brother's kids when they come this week. DH got a pail of hard candies for his mom at $3.50. Also a folding wooden table at $8.

Glenda

Retire Member
Dec 10, 2008
Virginia
I went to Kohl's last night. They sent me a $10 voucher because one of the items I ordered before Christmas did not arrive in time for Christmas as promised. I also had $10 in Kohl's cash. I found the cutest Cupcake picture frame ornaments on clearance for 70% off and used the credit and Kohl's cash to buy enough to use for party favors for DD's birthday party. They are great colors for year round and will be PERFECT!

At Target I found some felt heart cutout ornaments that will be perfect for Valentine's Day!

Glenda

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
I did not venture out shopping until yesterday. I tried to be thoughtful in my purchases. I bought a small photo album at Hallmark 50%. Then to Kohls-I was surprised how little they had left. I did buy 4 large snowman bowls for 4 friends I exchange gifts with. The bowls were regularly $39.99 and they were 75% off and then another 20% off for using my charge. So I got the bowls for $8.00 each. I'm pretty excited about that. Now I need to figure out what to put in the bowls. I have almost a whole year to decide! Then I went to Hobby Lobby. I bought some bows and gift bags for 66% off. Then to JoAnn's. They had almost no Christmas stuff! I used my 40% off coupon on a roll of clear cellophane for wrapping the snowman bowls. New Years Day is when Dillards has a great storewide sale so I will be headed there early tomorrow. I'm hoping to find a nice throw for my sister and get a headstart on my gift closet for our kids.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Snickerdoodle, could you put together a pasta basket using the bowls? Add a towel. oven mitts or hot pad, and a spagehtti server, pasta, some sauce, or even a box of Suddenly Salad?

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
My after Christmas shopping was limited, but I did get a lot of great books at Barnes and Noble for 50-75% off. I always give the children on my list books and since I see most of them before the actual holiday, I got several copies of some of our favorite holiday books. ($6 for a beautiful hardcover book was too good to pass up! LOL!)

I also decided on the theme for my 2012 Christmas boxes...remembering the joy of Christmas from a child's perspective - I need to work on the wording, but that's the gist of it. I got copies of The Polar Express on DVD for $5 - combined with a large jingle bell from my stash (the bell still rings for me) and Day 1 is already done! If you can think of other ideas, please pass them on. I'd love to include Miracle on 34th St, too, but $10 is too much - I need 6 copies. I'd also like to work in something for Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

Oops! I got a bit of topic...Hallmark was pretty much picked over, but I did get a Prep & Landing ornament at 50% off.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Yankee has all their fall and Christmas scented candles on sale from 50% to 75% off. I picked a bunch of tarts lastnight for 50 cents each.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
went to target and got gift boxes wrapping paper and gift bags all 70% off. also some hand lotion to use now candy cane and sugsr cookie 88 cents. had agc so i went to starbucks yummy

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
The Pasta Bowl is a GREAT idea missjane!! Thank you so much. I was thinking about Popcorn but I was afraid that would get stale. One of the ladies always makes a tin of homemade goodies for each of us so I didn't want it to be something like that. A Pasta Basket is the answer!! Thank you!!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I also decided on the theme for my 2012 Christmas boxes...remembering the joy of Christmas from a child's perspective - I need to work on the wording, but that's the gist of it. I got copies of The Polar Express on DVD for $5 - combined with a large jingle bell from my stash (the bell still rings for me) and Day 1 is already done! If you can think of other ideas, please pass them on. I'd love to include Miracle on 34th St, too, but $10 is too much - I need 6 copies. I'd also like to work in something for Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

You just gave me an idea. As most of you probably know I DETEST wrapping LOL. But I can wrap a box. Considering putting my gifts this year in 1 box per person with the words "the joy of Christmas" on the outside of the box. Thanks

appleton

MHH Member
Nov 7, 2007
I finally got into the city on Saturday for the sales! Found 3 gifts for next Christmas at Barnes & Noble - a plush gingerbread girl, Christmas Mouse activity book & Uno game. All were 50% off! Hoping this will be the beginning of my year round gift shopping.

At YC I was a little disappointed, but didn't really need anything. Splurged on a small tumbler in Christmas Rose for $7. Thought it would be a nice fragrance to use for February & March. Picked up a few votives for .50ea, but not much of a selection.

However, I hit the jackpot at BBW! I went in thinking I'd find an item or 2 for myself... decided to splurge so I could use my $10 off survey coupon. Got 2 4oz candles, 4 1.6oz candles (these came w/glass holders!), Secret Wonderland 8oz body cream & 3oz mist, striped knee socks, Cranberry Frost foaming soap & a pouf. This was part of my Christmas present from DH since I love a good sale.

At Hallmark, I found one of the ornaments I wanted for 60% off. Planning to check out another Hallmark later this week. I'd love to find a gift or 2 there.

My last purchase gift bags at Target also 60% off.

Last edited:

appleton

MHH Member
Nov 7, 2007
I found another gift at Hallmark yesterday! They had Precious Moment ornaments for 60% off. These weren't the dated Keepsake ones & really weren't Christmasy. A little surprised they were on sale. I could use it for birthday or save it until Christmas. Really happy to find this gift! There was one I loved, but didn't get it. Maybe on my next shopping trip.

Didn't fine the other Keepsake ornament I wanted, but they had a good selection. Hope to get back in there once they hit 75% off. I did pick up some larger name tags & several packs of stickers though.

Glenda

Retire Member
Dec 10, 2008
Virginia
Appleton, Great finds at Hallmark! I’m hoping to catch the 75% off sale on the ornaments too.

I found some items at Walmart for 75% off this week. They had Amaryllis kits for $2.50. I bought some to start so that they will bloom for Valentine's Day! They are a beautiful red and will work great.

I bought candy canes and some other candy to use for baking.

I also bought the Hallmark Merry-Okee Microphone for $4.49 at Walmart. My DD has been having a blast singing Christmas Carols in her new "Elf" voice. She has also enjoyed the fact that it drives her brother crazy! LOL.

At Target, I found a few items for 70% off. I bought more of the red and white felt heart ornaments to use for Valentine's Day decorating. I also found four Disney holiday t-shirts for 70% off which made them $2.99 each. They are adorable and I was really surprised to see them at 70% off. I wonder if they found a box as they were cleaning out all the Christmas clearance because I didn't see them at 50% off.

Glenda

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I ventured out last weekend. The only things I picked up were gift boxes, bags, and tissue paper for next year. I had completely ran out of all of these things this Christmas.

I did look in the Kmart behind my job yesterday while on lunch break. I saw some really nice things on clearance. I may stop in there over the weekend.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I need to check back this weekend at Hallmark. Last week it was still only 40% off.

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
I was in K-mart this week, and of course had to check out the Christmas clearance...found tissue paper, 2 rolls of wrapping paper, gift tags, and 2 boxes of Christmas cards for next year all at 75% off...I don't usually go out specifically for after Christmas shopping, just leave it to serendipity-lol...

appleton

MHH Member
Nov 7, 2007
Oh Glenda, I'd love to find the Merry-Okee Microphone! They were everywhere before Christmas (seems CVS or Walgreens even had them) & they looked really neat. I had completely forgot about them until your post. Maybe I'll get by Walmart tonight.

I love hearing about all the deals ya'll are finding!

mrspaul

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
I have a 40% off coupon good for a regular priced item at Hallmark. Hoping to pick up a christmas gift with that coupon. (for my daughter or my granddaughter )- coupon good till 1/31

snowqueen

Premiere Member
Nov 1, 2007
Vermont
I haven't seen a lot of markdown stuff. the stores didn't overstock much this year. I had a hard time finding lights even before Christmas. I want to check Walmart tomorrow and see if they have anything left. I did buy a few things at Penney's for gifts for next year for DIL. I got a bathrobe that was 65.00 for 18.00 and a pair of really nice pajamas that were 36.00 for 9.99. I picked up some wrapping paper in the Dollar General and Michaels. I paid 2.50 for 3 rolls in a box (Dollar General) I got 2 boxes and .75 for single rolls(Michaels). I bought the foil kind because that is the kind I love the best. I am trying to be careful because of my job situation and not knowing what the end of the school year will bring. That's about it. Dorene

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i went to target and got my last few bags and a couple box of cards at 90% off.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Went to Garden Ridge today to take back a Christmas blow up that I paid $79 for and I had the receipt and all and we didn't use it but they would only give me back 25% of it because all Christmas is marked down 75%. So we brought it back home. Ended up getting $31 of other stuff at 75% off. At Gordmans got a couple things for Jaymee. Amazing what it goes down to and they still make a profit.