August 2014 Rudolph Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
As we move into the last part of the year, it's time to get serious about Christmas prep....what do you have planned for August Rudolph Day.

I'm planning to get Elf plans finalized and print some freebie elf stuff....so it will all be ready!

:rudolph:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
For me August and September are the last real push before the craziness starts (for me) in October. In August I will really concentrate on stocking fillers and gift lists. My mum and I wrap our stocking gifts in October so I must have most of it bought by then. I also need to concentrate on buying the baking ingredients so that when we are ready to start I have it all on hand.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Like many of you my focus is on stockings. This year I'm having new stockings made for the family. Since the family has gotten rather large I'm changing stockings up a bit to do family stockings for my grown kids and their families. This means I would only have 5 instead of 13. I want to include tickets to the movie theater, children's museum, and a paid national park cabin rental for a family vacation in spring of 2015.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Ellen great idea!

Today I am gardening and canning pickles.

My holiday focus will be my home binder, working really hard on making it 'work' for me.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We are certainly an inspiring group. Well said SparkleNana.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
This month I plan to sort the things I have been storing in my gift closet into shopping bags for each "family's" gifts. Also have to make lists. And start shopping sales both in store and on-line for gifts.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
This month I need to get in gear!!! It has been really hard to craft lately with all the stress and uncertainty generated by our house situation...

BUT I need to just shake it off and get to work again!

I've got supplies for so many projects on hand, I just need to get the momentum going!

festivefun

Retire Member
Feb 25, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Rudolph Day being a Monday I will try switch mine to the Sunday 24th for a start as the new school term will probably have me really busy on the Monday night.

I want to focus on Baking Lists, what to bake, when, appropriate shopping lists...

Rowan will only be 1 at Christmas so still doesn't understand completely so want to plan maybe 5 Elf activities and pop them in the diary. Need to save the good stuff for when she's older too, but like the idea of some pics from every year for her to look back on.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I'll be breaking my Rudy Day into two sessions. Since this coming Sunday tax-free week starts, I'm going to start my Christmas layaway. The second part I'm not sure what I will do but part of it will be watching a movie or two.

Last edited:

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
I went thur one box yesterday. I have enough paper bows tape and gift cards. so good to know I don't have to purchase them this year. I have plenty of Christmas cards will only have to buy stamps.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Like many I want to concentrate on stocking stuffers and my Mom's Christmas Box. I've been working on my Christmas Notebook and will most likely print off the one of the holiday/house plans calendars/lists. I will also update (again) our Christmas Card list, I've already gotten about half of our cards made. Not everyone gets a handmade card and I will need to buy boxed cards this year. So excited that it's getting closer!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
From this time of year is really exciting for me too. All the plans can now be put into action and things start coming together. I have saved a few Christmas movies so I think I will watch one of them on Rudy day

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
I will also most likely switch my planning day to Sunday the 24th, just because Monday's are always hectic and busy at work and I know I won't get much done when I get home except everyone fed and the dishes washed from that. Some Mondays, that's a lot!

I think I will revamp my Christmas notebook. It's been a while since I made it and it needs updating and tweeking. Honestly, I think I may just update an old one I made on my computer years ago and use it for simplicity's sake. Gosh, I never thought I would even think that, much less "say" it out loud. Times do change, don't they?

Another little project will be to research and narrrow down my breakfast basket contents for our siblings, my mom and two other (best friends) families. I am strongly leaning towards biscotti with cranberries and pistachios, packaged all cute and vintagy, and then some sort of drink mix in a canning jar. I bought the cutest kraft paper tags that look like tiny little canning jars off of Etsy the other day, and last year I had Pottery Barn send me a huge spool of red and white baker's twine during their after Christmas sales. I think they would be so cute tied to a regular old brown kraft paper bag or to a red one with a pretty ribbon. I've never made biscotti, but it can't be that hard, right? LOL.

Also, we will be leaving that following weekend for Branson for a quick weekend vacay, so I'll look up there at their fabulous "Kringles" Christmas village and try to find some new ornaments, either for our tree, for the exchanges I participate in and/or stocking stuffers or gifts.

I love reading everyone's plans, Why do I seem to be the only one that rambles on and on...??

Last edited: