August Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I need to get going again.
Once Olympics is over. Hahahahaa
Somehow the side of my bed- the side closest to the wall has ended up being a place to "Put stuff."
I'll work on that this weekend and then I need to do 30 minutes every evening.

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am keen to get moving on the HGP at the end of the month. I am visualising what I have in each room and will really do a big cull over the next few weeks. Time for a big Spring clean tidy up.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Sitting in the truck waiting on my husband. Just unloaded the trailer and the back of my truck at the junk auction. I saw lots of nice treasures that will auctioned off tonight. I plan to be busy processing some corn and cherries tonight so I won’t be tempted to come back and buy.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Three decorative bottles and one laptop case ready to go to the Vietnam Vets

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I did take 4 small bags of linen to the charity bin in our farm town.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Why does it always seem when I think I'll get to really get things started, a curve ball hits!? lol! DD24 accepted the teaching job here where we live, so she's staying with us temporarily (or permanently - who knows?). The guest room is now her room. We're trying to make closet space for her. DH has clothes in both that closet and the closet in the sewing room. The closets are small in this house. I use the closet in our bedroom. So, at this point, it seems we're adding more, instead of moving out.

That being said...I did get some things out that DD needed in her classroom...small desk items, but out none the less!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I tidied my wardrobe and drawers. Tossed a few pairs of underwear and put 2 tops aside for Mum.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Some paperwork has been shredded.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I feel like I've been adding too much into the house lately, and last time I checked it hasn't 'grown' bigger :oops:
As I completed the 5 baskets of laundry folding that have decorated my dining room for a few days, I tossed clothes that are too small or worn out - one small step but felt accomplished doing it! As I was on a roll I composted the dead plant on the step (that should count) and accepted that it's unlikely I will ever repair the assorted items in the 'to mend' box and donated it. Someone with more energy than me will hopefully have use for them.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Some books went into DS pile for his house and some will go to the charity shop.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
The universe laughs every time I say I am going to do some decluttering.
I MUST DECLUTTER!
Just declutter one item a day. That adds up to 365 items a year which is an awesome total.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I feel like I've been adding too much into the house lately, and last time I checked it hasn't 'grown' bigger :oops:
As I completed the 5 baskets of laundry folding that have decorated my dining room for a few days, I tossed clothes that are too small or worn out - one small step but felt accomplished doing it! As I was on a roll I composted the dead plant on the step (that should count) and accepted that it's unlikely I will ever repair the assorted items in the 'to mend' box and donated it. Someone with more energy than me will hopefully have use for them.
Anything counts. Spouses, cars or a tissue all count.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
While trying to find homes for the gifts that I'm going to keep that we received at the housewarming, I gathered up about a dozen items I'm going to get rid of. I need to do another purge and get rid of more. There are items I haven't used since we moved in a year+ ago. They need to go, too. More of that tomorrow after church. I, also, gathered together things I'm not keeping from the housewarming. They're all Pioneer Woman or Mainstays, so I know that's where they came from. I hope they will take them back.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Anything counts. Spouses, cars or a tissue all count.
I did that once...got rid of a spouse. My migraine headaches went with him. True story! The last one I had which landed my in the ER it was so bad was about 2 weeks after I left him. Haven't had one since.