Budgeting for 2008

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I love the idea of getting a grocery card every month. Think that I will start doing that. I will just hand them to my mom to put in her safe for me then I won't touch them. Best present that we ever bought her.

:heartsNY:

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Hmmm, I'll have to check my favorite grocery store to see if their cards have expiration dates. You all might make a convert out of me yet! I really would be great to be able to get all of our holiday food and not feel the budget pinch in November and December. Maybe then I could afford one of those Honeybaked Hams I keep hearing about!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
That is a GREAT ideal. We do Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, plus alot of cookie trays and like the rest said--November and September hit you HARD on the grocery bill.
That would be nice to do and be ahead alittle.

Pipster

MHH Member
Dec 28, 2007
Sherwood Forest
I'm going to continue with my budgeting this year, i did really well this year, i was good the year before, but for the pasted two years, haven't bought any presents on credit!!

Here in the uk we have loyalty cards you get points for every time you spend in a store, or supermarket you can then reclaim these points off your shopping, i collect points from 3 stores this year and basically got my christmas food shopping for free!! Have already started saving the points for 2008!