Christmas plans for 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I haven't given much thought to our Christmas Eve and Christmas Day plans yet. Just getting family pinned down on Thanksgiving was tough enough. Typically, I spend Christmas Even with dear friends and their family and other of their family friends. He's a home-taught chef and absolutely loves cooking for a crowd. Christmas Day, my DD and DSIL usually come by me in the afternoon for our gift exchange and dinner. But, last Christmas, they wanted to host, so my DM (who came in for the holiday) came and we had dinner there. Not sure of just who is going where this year. Time will tell ....

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Having christmas dinner next to a beautiful lake sounds amazing.....I love the left overs on boxing day thats what we do.
We have not tried this before, it was DBs request. It is Summer here so I am hoping for a gorgeous day outside.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
We've made no plans, yet. DDIL's brother married last year and he works off. His wife has children from her first marriage. One is married, so there are all sorts of family situations we'll have to plan around for her family. DSonIL's family lives about 4 hours away and has extended family who come for Christmas. Although getting to celebrate on the 24th or 25th is nice, I let them all set their plans in place and then decide on a date. Sometimes, I get them on Christmas Eve or Christmas day - sometimes not! It's about the time together, anyway. DGS#1 "sort of" has a girlfriend. (Kids are so different nowadays about the dating stuff! lol) I'm sure we'll have to give some consideration about that, too. lol!

Whenever it is, we do gumbo with finger foods. Last year, we got together at DD30's house. It was their first year in their new house, so that was fun.

You all have lovely celebrations in place!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I let them all set their plans in place and then decide on a date.
We do the same here.
We will have an extended family bbq on November 12th, early enough that nobody has any other plans.

Then I wait until the kids decide what they are doing. Don't know if we will see DS as he is living interstate. DD and DSIL will let us know what they have available. I have some ideas on what to feed people if we decide to get together here. Last year we went to the kids house for drinks and nibbles.

Reactions: Lori K and halimer

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DD just invited the whole family at her house for Christmas Eve! including my brothers, parents and sis. So that'll be what we are doing. will bring her some food for sure. will be fun. Christmas breakfast at her house I presume also.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Funny how plans change around ... my dad and step ma were heading to SC for four days and would stop in here going and coming Christmas week. Now, my brother took a new job and will be moving over Christmas break so they changed up and will be helping him move. So, we will have to see the grandparents around NYE week.