Crafters Challenge Aug. 7th-Aug. 13th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello Ladies!!!!

Another week has gone by so we are alittle closer to Christmas.

Before long we will be into HGP, those with kids-school will be coming back and the extra activities that go with it, be Halloween before you know it and from then time really moves.

I have not been to Joanns, HL or Michaels since people say Christmas is out.

This week I have been crocheting on soxs. The beads on. I have purchased materail for some bibs and burp rags yesterday.

Having trouble finding the glue and diamond glaze so might have to order online.

What are you all working on!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Not sure what this week is going to bring

I am headed to the sewing machine why I don't know what is going to get done

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Hi everyone! I've tried a couple of new patterns/designs this week. Not real sure that I like either of them once I got them done. So, I've put those aside to ponder upon for later.

We are going out of town next week. So this week I'm focused on getting packed and getting the house cleaned - blech! I have my keyrings with the initials and some more of the monogrammed flower headbands ready to deliver this week. I will drop those off tomorrow morning at the shop. So, I don't think I'll get too much crafting accomplished this week.

There is another shop that is interested in looking at my items, I'm excited about that!

Have a great week!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Kim, what did you and the machine whip up?

Carol, that is GREAT that another shop is interested! One day I will say I have some of that designers early work and I talk with her.

I washed material up yesterday and went thru some.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lana I just ended up organizing the things I got going on but nothing ever got done. I had a terrible weekend at work so bad that I told my boss if I have to work with that same crew again on a weekend I was quiting. I do have plans on getting some things done today just not sure what yet

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I am making great progess on getting the rest of the tacks and nails and fabric off the chair this morning. My niece is working on a wreath for my front door. Now back to the chair

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
Joann's had these page a day calendars for Kiragami and Oragami. I bought the Kiragami with my coupon. I don't plan on using the calendar, just for the patterns and papers. I just got it to learn. I have been making a couple each week. There are tons of holiday and seasonal themed stuff throughout...snowflakes, hearts, butterflies, flowers, suns, fireworks, etc. I plan to make 2 or 3 each week.

My plan is to make several ornaments each week as well. I would like to retire quite a few ornaments and am considering changing up my tree's color theme this year. I need to make the decision on that like yesterday. ;) Some of the ornaments I have made already are intended for gifts, gift toppers and/or gift bag decorations; so they don't have to be in my colors.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Kim, can't wait to see the chair.

Candysprinkles, I have a couple calendars on things that I brought for patterns. (Quilt a Day is one) I make 4-6 different ornaments yearly for about 6-7 people. Then I do some for my co-workers. Our tree is 98% (have a few old ornaments of my grandparents) homemade. Last year due to Jaymees cat I purchased store brought and it was pretty but even my nephew said Aunt Lana it just isn't your tree. Anyhoo, be sure to post pictures of your ornaments. You will have to join our CIJ ornament swap next year.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
All the fabric is now off the chair and today I will work on sanding it unless Miss Makayla wants todo that for me. I am heading to the thrift store to grab one of the spice racks I keep eying in there.

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
I haven't been able to spend much time in my sewing room lately and I'm missing it! As these weeks tick off I realize I really need to get busy. Last night I made a couple of wristlets to put into the boxes I'm doing for my daughter and soon-to-be daughter-in-law. Tonight I'm going to get myself organized and decide what's next. It sounds like everyone is making good progress!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I went and grabbed on the of the spice racks at the thrift store but the one I really wanted was gone its been there for at least a month now and when I figure out why I want it gone it is. Oh well I grabbed the smaller one and something else to make the nailpolish holders for the girls room. Got started on those still have a ways to go on them for what I want todo.

I was showing the girls the puff quilts online and they decided that's what they want so I am going to be looking for material for those. My niece was here to Oh please Aunt Kim please. I have a hard time with Aunt Kim because she just stopped calling me Aunt Kimmy a couple of weeks ago and it just doesn't sound right comeing from her mouth and the funny thing is she only called me Aunt Kimmy because, I got her calling her father Jason when she was 1 so this was his pay back.

I started sanding the chair also but only did that for about 5 mins. I will work on it today at some point unless I can get Kayla and Kali to work on it

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I did another wristlet - need to make the second for the pair.

I also took some "fancy" yarn I had and started on a scarf yesterday. I got in a lot of work on our ride up to CT. I just have to roll the other two skeins and I should finish that today.

I should find the those socks I started work on oh so long ago.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Hello all! Just jumping in to relay that I have been making progress on my Quiet Book project - a little bit here and there - but progress!

The tree page is completely done - Woo hoo!

So 1 page down - who knows how many to go! Honestly, I think I have at least 10 more pages planned and I keep coming up with ideas for more - but there will be a cutoff point!!! I can always do another book!

I worked on the paint pallet page last night - I hope to finish it tonight. My "problem" is that I keep embellishing on the original project

Found here... http://servingpinklemonade.blogspot.com/2011/01/quiet-book.html

and adding new twists, etc. etc. Which will make for a great end product but definitely adds even more time to an already time consuming project!

But I am excited to see it all come together! I went through all my supplies last night and organized them into piles by which things will be used for each "page" - that helped me feel less overwhelmed.

I'd like finish the tennis racket page this week too - its a simpler one and shouldn't take too much time - I hope!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
AuntJamelle - the quiet book on that blog is beautiful! Can't wait to see yours.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lana I may amaze you but lateley I have been overwelming myself with everything. I start one thing then see something else go to that and on it goes. It seems like I have 100 things that I am trying to work on. I have to get some of the stuff finished. I just went and picked up more craft paint for the nail polish holders since 3 girls decided that they wanted to paint with my craft paint and used every color I wanted up. While I'm leaving the store Im thinking oh yea I want todo something with those tins too. I know what I am doing with them it won't take long I don't think but I have other things that I have to finish first for the girls room including digging it out still

The chair still needs to be sanded but since I know Dave is comeing over this weekend to finish sanding the corner cabinet that I bought at the same sale I bought the chair maybe I can talk him into sanding it for me.

Today I will at least get the nailpolish holders done. I also want to make up a couple of bag/purse holders for their room that Miss Makayla fell in love with at BB&B that I knew I could make for a lot less

Aunt Jamelle I love the quiet books I might have to make a couple for my niece and maybe my exSIL's new son but that will be later on

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Well, I haven't done much crafting recently, it's been too busy. We were packing too much for hols, so I didn't bring any projects with me, and didn't get to any craft shops until our last day. I only got to AC Moore, but I did get a couple of things there (just a few...:) ). DD spent her $10 very quickly, mostly on stickers but a couple of little kits for Halloween and Christmas.

I got fancy lollipop sticks (ones with cut outs), dollie pegs (can't get those here), a few embellishment crystals, one roll of ribbon, 3 nice pieces of fabric prints, and a few other bits and pieces. I only had about 40 minutes there in total, with DD hanging off me most of that, but I want to go back!! (Whenever we get back to the US again!!).

My plans for the next week are to try and sew up the curtains for our bedroom (I got the fabric on sale 4 weeks ago), mend OH's trousers pocket, and get back into the Christmas gift list.