Crafters Challenge Aug. 7th-Aug. 13th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Just about done with both nail polish holders they will be done today for sure. Then back to the chair. My corner cabinet will be done being sanded today also.

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
AuntJamelle, your Quiet Book sounds so neat. I checked out the link and it is so cute. Your little guy will have hours of fun with it!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thanks! :) I am really excited about it! I never would have thought of it on my own but now that I am started the ideas just keep coming!

I finished the paint pallet page and the barn page this past week. The tree page I've had done.

The little farm animal finger puppets were the last "piece" to finish on the barn page and they were really fun to make! The barn's pocket only fits 3 puppets but I got such good ideas for other animals to make that I am considering doing a "corral" page to go opposite it - with a wagon that is really a pocket for the other little finger puppets to be stored in...we'll see!

Last night I was settled on the couch working on the book while DH gave DS his bath. (I love it when daddy takes a turn!) Anyways, DS was put down to come over and give me a good night kiss just before going to bed.

He saw the barn page and was all over it. He opened it right up and was smiling so big about the little cow puppet that happened to be inside. He loved it!!!

He is little enough that he won't remember by Christmas so I didn't mind him seeing it. I did feel bad when he started CRYING big time when we put him to bed. He wanted to play with the new toy! :( We cuddled him and wiped away the crocodile tears and it was fine.

So now I know that he is really going to like this thing I am spending all this time on!!! LOL

I also finished a decoupage Halloween sign last week. It is done in the colors of black, white and orange and says "I'll get you my pretty..." I think it turned out pretty cute for my first decoupage outing! :) I took lots of pics of the before, the process and the after and hope to post them on my baby blog soon.

You guys will be the first to know when I open up my blog - I can't wait!