Crafters Challenge Dec. 12th~~Dec.19th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
In 2 weeks it will all be over!!!

On the HGTV forum site there is a section of quilting/needlework and on Jan. 7th they will have a sewing party for a quilted scarf. Thinking for maybe 2011 Christmas........ Oh yeah, I have to sew yet for this year!!! In fact 12 days or less. No sweat, yeah right!!!!!
Get cookies done today~~~oh yeah shopping to do~~DH is such a big help, thank goodness.

I am just going to transfer my list over and continue marking off. (that is the plan)

My list:

(/ ) I have coasters to make for 2 co-workers and a friend MATERIAL IRONED 11-25

( /) 2 diffferent Christmas ornaments to make for family and friends HAVE GOT MATERIAL ON 11-21

( ) Ornament to do for co-workers

TABLING THIS ITEM FOR NEXT YEAR ALSO!!!!!!!!!!!( ) would like to get a couple table runners done that I just got material for on Friday, uless I do those next year

( ) Might do coasters for another friend-not sure or a table runner

DONE!!!!!!!( XX) The vanilla I started last January will need to be bottled GOT THE BOTTLES TO PUT IT IN 11-18 BOTTLED IT ON 12-8-10

DONE!!!!!!!!!( XX) I also need to make some lotion PURCHASED ITEMS ON 11-23 (might need some more vit. E) MADE ON 11-29 7 CONTAINERS UNLESS I MAKE MORE

DONE!!!!!!!!(XX ) seasoning salt PURCHASED THE ITEMS FOR IT ON 12-5 MADE IT ON 12-8 AND GOT IT IN CONTAINERS

GOING TO ASK HER AND SEE IF SHE LIKES IT OR WANTS IT AND THEN WILL DO FOR 2011 AND JUST GIVE IT TO HER!!!!!!!!!( ) decide whether or not I am doing DD's tree skirt for a gift this year (she'll be in her own house next yr. Other times I think that is good but...)

TABLE TO NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!( ) Also see whether or not I will do her peguin coasters

DONE!!!!!!!!(XX) reindeer feed MADE ON 11-20 HAVE TO DO POEM YET FINISHED IT ALL YESTERDAY 11-25 AND HANDED SEVERAL OUT

DONE!!!!!!!!(XX ) snowflake ornaments on my cricut expression PURCHASED PAPER ON 11-24 WORKING ON THEM AS I TYPE

(X ) hot chocolate mix (sponge paint a canning jar all white and then add his face features. If you spray it with clear varnish it stays on better thru the handling of it) MADE ON 12-8-10 NEED S ALITTLE MORE CHOCOLATE AND TO PUT IN CONTAINERS

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(XX ) finish writing about 14 recipes for my nephews cookbook

Adding: (11-26)

( ) snowman pillow for my sister~~she saw the panels when over last Sat. and fell in love with it (have had them forever) so will do that for her.

Adding: (11-28) Maybe will do.

( ) a sewing machine cover for the machine we got Jaymee for Christmas. Saw like a patchwork one that ties on the side. WILL SEE YET~~~~~MIGHT WAIT TILL AFTER CHRISTMAS SO SHE CAN PICK THE MATERIAL AND MAKE SURE THE MACHINCE IS OKAY AND A KEEPER

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Just got home from work and seeing that we are in for a huge snow storm/blizzard I am going to get back into my jammies and get to work on a few things today. Will come back later and post what I get done.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Lana I was sitting herea few mins ago wondering how to make a blanket or quilt out of scarves. Going to see if I can find the forum.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Tricia, I probably didn't explain myself right. On Jan. 7th they will be making a quilted scarf. The site on the post just tells the supplies needed for now. Then on that night you sew and post on your project. I have never joined them before but they have did some cool stuff. A different person normally handles a class.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Tricia, I probably didn't explain myself right. On Jan. 7th they will be making a quilted scarf. The site on the post just tells the supplies needed for now. Then on that night you sew and post on your project. I have never joined them before but they have did some cool stuff. A different person normally handles a class.

Oh ok I did see the post where they were talking about the supplies needed. I'm having fun looking around Thanks

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
This week, I want to concentrate on finishing off:

[][][] Sew 3 crayon rolls (already cut)
[][][] Sew 3 "taggie" blankets (already cut) Have ironed and pinned on the ribbons, so all ready to just sew seams
[] Sew dollie blanket (1 already cut, may make another)
[] Sew mini-tote (already cut)
[] Sew handles on other mini-tote
[] Stuff and hand-finish DD's owl cushion - need to buy stuffing
[][] Sew on buttons to 2 crayon rolls (already sewn)
[][][][] Sew in ends on facecloths (teacher presents)
[] Sew in ends and add button to scarf

[] Make another 20 (YIKES!!!) Santas and Snowmen from 2 finger KitKats (for DD's school and creche buddies) - 8 Santa and 4 Snowmen completed so far Got as far as cutting some more paper elements over the weekend

[] Dry bay leaves
[] Make 2-3 batches cookie dough - slice'n'bake type for freezer
[] Make chocolate truffles
[] Make chocolate covered cherries preserved in Gran Canaries honey rum (cherries preserved already, need to do the chocolates part)
[] Make fudge sauce
[] Strain and bottle for presents raspberry vodka
[][] Make 2 batches spiced Christmas biscuits for DD for school and creche

The bonus items: (Which I REALLY won't stress about if I don't get to - the food ones are the biggest priority IF I get time):
[] Make chilli oil
[] Make Onion Marmalade/chutney
[] Make spiced cranberry vodka

[] Cut and sew pillowcase for DD
[] Cut and sew DD's pyjamas
[] Cut and sew PJ's for DNephew
[] Buy fabric, cut and sew pj's for other DNephew (if I manage the first 2 pairs OK)
[][][][][][] Sew and stuff tree decorations (already cut)
[][][][][][] Make little cross-stitch pictures to put into clear plastic baubles (this is perhaps too ambitious for THIS Christmas!! LOL!!)
[][][][][][][][][] Cross stitch initials for Stocking tags

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Everyone looks to have a busy and productive week ahead of them this week. I have been busy monogramming and have had several "special orders" for some of things that I make. My order cut off is today, I am going out of town Saturday and I need to get my house in order before leaving.

Lana, I saw the post for the scarf also. I've marked it on my calendar so I can check it out. I probably won't sew along, but I'll watch the posts for the instructions. It looks like a "quilt as you go" project, maybe that was mentioned in the post or blog. I'm looking forward to it.

Have a great week everyone!!

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
I forgot to mention - I am meeting with a lady tomorrow morning that runs a very large art/craft show here. It is juried and she has asked to see my things in person. I'm excited - I hope I get in!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
It's fun to see what everyone does! Neat ideas. I just have one mitten and one beret .... and I'm done!

:elf2:

{X} Amigurumi crocheted cat toy (DNiece)
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70585AD.html?noImages

{X} amigurumi crocheted funny gal (Dsister)
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70594AD.html?noImages

{X, __} Beret (Friend, DStepma)
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/cgs-beret.html
{X, X} crochet towel toppers (DFriends)

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70007.html?noImages

{X} Old Christmas Card Basket (DSister, DFriend)
http://www.allfreecrafts.com/christmas/card-basket.shtml

{X} crochet bobble necklace (DNiece)
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70007.html?keywords=noImages

{X} Black Shrug for (DD)
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/60040.html?noImages=

{X, __} Mittens (DS & DH) Started
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80670AD.html?noImages=

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Wow! Jampss, way to go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!

WingedOne and I are coming along that home stretch. The sewing I have will not take long once I get to start. Have to cut the material but the guys are good at helping with that.

Wish I was home today to do that!

Carol, I have all crossed for you that you get in, but I would doubt you have any trouble. I enjoy seeing your crafts. Love the lace ornaments, the quilted santa bag and ..............

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
still working on that last quilt...

[] baste
[] quilt
[] bind

and need to finish atleast 2 of the 5 pillows before Christmas... the other 3 can be birthday gifts if it comes to that...

[] p1
[] p2

[]p3
[]p4
[]p5

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I did get Makaylas cheer things done. I have to find batteries so I can take a picture of them I guess they turned out alright.

Forgot that Ihad the two aprons todo so I guess later while Makayla is on the computer I will get those done.

We are in the middle of a snow storm like we usually get in Jan or Feb here.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Never got to the aprons last night so going to get those done in a couple of minutes here but first I want to print out a couple of things that I want to do if time allows

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
I met with the lady regarding the art/craft show that I mentioned yesterday. I'M IN!! I'm excited! My brain is working overtime today thinking of all the new things that I want to make and the show isn't until next November.

Although, she did ask me to be in the Spring show in May. I'm on the fence about that......

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I met with the lady regarding the art/craft show that I mentioned yesterday. I'M IN!! I'm excited! My brain is working overtime today thinking of all the new things that I want to make and the show isn't until next November.

Although, she did ask me to be in the Spring show in May. I'm on the fence about that......

Congrats Carol...

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Just updating - some progress and making some "reality check" decisions to delete:
Just editing again rather than reposting: Need to get sewing done soon

[][][] Sew 3 crayon rolls (already cut)
[] Sew 3 "taggie" blankets (already cut) Have ironed and pinned on the ribbons, so all ready to just sew seams - I only need 1 as a gift next week, so will do that first
[] Sew dollie blanket (1 already cut, may make another)
[] Sew mini-tote (already cut)
[] Sew handles on other mini-tote
[] Stuff and hand-finish DD's owl cushion - need to buy stuffing
[][] Sew on buttons to 2 crayon rolls (already sewn)
[x][x][x][x] Sew in ends on facecloths (teacher presents)
[x] Sew in ends and add button to scarf

[x][x][x][x][x][x][x][x][x][x][][][][][][][][][][]another 20 (YIKES!!!) Santas and Snowmen from 2 finger KitKats (for DD's school and creche buddies) - 8 Santa and 4 Snowmen completed so far Got as far as cutting some more paper elements over the weekend

[] Dry bay leaves
[] Make 2-3 batches cookie dough - slice'n'bake type for freezer
[] Make chocolate truffles
[x][x] Make chocolate covered cherries preserved in Gran Canaries honey rum (cherries preserved already, need to do the chocolates part)
[x][x] Make ganache filled chocs
[x] Make chocolate covered orange peel
[] Make fudge sauce
[] Strain and bottle for presents raspberry vodka
[-][-] Make 2 batches spiced Christmas biscuits for DD for school and creche - dough made and chilling, may cut and bake tomorrow

The bonus items: (Which I REALLY won't stress about if I don't get to - the food ones are the biggest priority IF I get time):
[] Make chilli oil
[] Make Onion Marmalade/chutney
[] Make spiced cranberry vodka

[][][][][][] Sew and stuff tree decorations (already cut)
[][] Sew 2 taggies (cut and ribbons pinned)

Last edited: