Crafters Challenge February 14th--February 20th, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Getting halfway thru another month!

I am hoping while off the next couple days to get a couple wreaths done, boas and potholders maybe to get sent out.

Today I got Teigan a set of 6 quilt blocks to cross stitch. It is just hearts. Think each block has 8 in the middle overlapping in a circle and then 4 singles hearts in each corner. I wanted a small project with just cross stitch on it and no backstitching or knots. Only thing I found with just cross stitching. I really don't think she will take alot (or any) interest in it but will try. Would love for her to start early with something. She is only 7 but...... She likes to thread needles.

What are your plans for the week?

HAPPY HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see/hear what you have going on!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished teddies arm today. Might need to leave the making up for now, will not have time this week to finish him.
Will need to think about what to work on next, really need to get into my craft room and clean it out.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I accomplished a lot today, too, Lana.

I made a quilt label for Sea of Love (my Valentine wall hanging); finished the June calendar hangers; finished the CCS motif and made the birthday card with it (want to mail it tomorrow).

We have a mini ski trip planned mid-week, so will get some knitting done in the car and probably in the motel room in the evening. Kathy and I plan a stitching afternoon with quilting documentary DVD to watch, so will either knit or cross stitch then. Next in the studio, I want to start on the "Bear in the Window" wall hanging for DD. Before I start on it, though, I need to clear some surfaces.

Happy crafting!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Update my blog this morning with pictures of my recent crafts.
stitch-n.blogspot.com

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I did a small painting on watercolor paper but with acrylic paint.

150831556_10159440076194626_8082226674301565137_n.jpg
Now will start to crochet a baby blanket. since I KNOW I don't have enough wool, I'll make squares and add white ones in between

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Hi, all. You guys are so busy and amazing! I love all the quilt making going on on here! One of these days I'll attempt that..... The painting, crocheting, cardmaking, shirts, etc are all so lovely, too.

I have been running and going without much time for anything creative. There's been a lot going on around here for the last few weeks and my time has not been my own. We also took the kids to Galveston for a week so my craftiness fell under the heading of creative packing for the most part. We were only a couple of pounds over on the flight back.:rolleyes: I did get some knitting done on both flights which was nice. I've finished a couple of hats and washcloths and I've started on a baby blanket for my niece's baby. We worked on Valentine's treats for the class so I'm counting that, even though they weren't quite finished when we took them in. The goats started kidding early and my time was taken up with that.

We're having an ice storm which I think might cause school to be cancelled all week and will force us to have lots of time at home. My husband is stranded in TX at least until Wed so I'm thinking that, other than trying to keep the animals(and kids) warm and fed, I'll have time to finish up the blanket.

I've decided on an ornament for the swap so perhaps I can get started on those, too. I hope so. First, I'll need to finish up the mending and skirt lengthening I've got stacked up on my sewing table.

Lucie- I love your paintings!
Rose- Your cards are so lovely!
DJ- I love the Sea of Love quilt!
Lana- You're on a roll!
Katrina- I cannot wait to see your Teddy.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Well the baby blanket is not working out. Since I didn't have enough yarn decided it would be 2 colors but the other yarn is not the same thickness so the squares aren't the same in size and thickness :( I tried to find some online but couldn't. will go see at the hart store here in town next week otherwise will just not make make one. I want to use up the yarn I have not buy more!

I am now on the toes of the knitted socks.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Kringle, you have been busy.

Lucie, how frustrating, hope you sort out the yarn.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lucie ~ That's disappointing about the yarn. I've been using up lots of bits and pieces of yarn with the earn/neck warmers. They only take a couple of oz. each. I've started one more that I plan to give my DSisterIL as a hostess gift. We'll be spending the night with her on Thursday.

We're off on a mini ski trip for a couple of days. I'm only taking knitting.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Everyone is doing so well. :) I have almost finished the paw print scarf. Just putting fringe on it. And I started a matching paw print beanie.

DD28 would like two gifts: One for her student client she works as a BA with (Harry Potter colored finger-less mitts) and one for a friend (colorful squished ratty bookmark).

I am still plugging along on a colorful poncho for DS's17 life coach.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
9E3DC82E-EA31-4166-87EA-D9B2EF06F61C.jpeg594999D2-0554-4927-8842-59A73D505F88.png

One Harry Potter Fingerless Mitt done for DD28’s request. :)

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
C0EDEA15-2263-4C0E-A261-5020D639514D.jpeg

Granny Squares ... now to make into a poncho! :p

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
No actually crafting this week. Continued working on decluttering Mum's craft room and started on mine. A long way to go on both but we have plenty of time to get it done.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Jampss ~ Nice yarn projects!

We're home from our brief trip. Thought we were getting our COVIC vaccine shots Saturday, but they have postponed for another week. Supply delivery problems occurring due to weather.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Beautiful things everybody!
Not much crafting here. CIJ ornaments are done and wrapped. I did my mending / fix it or get rid of it pile. That took a little longer than I thought.
I realized I did not accumulate any UFO’s this past year. I finished everything I started! That’s a first.
I’m now in major cleaning mode in my sewing room because of the dust. Today I’m going to start going through my fabric stash. All of the shelves need dusted so I might as well do fabric too. I have a bunch I can honestly give away as I know I won’t ever use it. I’m actually looking forward to getting rid of some of my stuff!
Have a great weekend everybody.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ I have some fabric that I don't like at all. I'm not sure why I bought it. I'm thinking I will cut it up into about 12" squares and sandwich it with small pieces of batting and use it for practicing free motion quilting.

I've just been knitting for a few days, but it's time to decide on my next studio project ... craftermath control ... make a table topper out of a signature block I was given (St. Patrick's Day theme) ... and/or start on the Bear in the Window wall hanging ...

Reactions: jampss and Lana