Crafters Challenge January 17th---January 23rd, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
With this week, we are getting 3/4th the way through January!

I would like to do a rice bag for Jaymee this week. Years ago she made some and I have 2 and she made the comment the other day that she needed one of them when she saw one out that Ryan had been using.

May have to take a dress in for Teigan that she will wear in her birthday pictures that are to be taken on the 23rd.

Need to get some glitter for a project.

What are your plans for this 3rd week in January?

Happy Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
3rd week already, how did that happen?
Started the knitted teddy today, started on his head.

Still trying to figure out my craft room. DH is going to help me revamp it.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I feel the same way ,week 3??? I already feel behind lol.

I want to get back to my quilt this week. Been busy with other things the last few days. Have a trip to Amish country planned with my cousin Anna this week. We both “need” a few things.

My craft supplies finally arrived. I think I’ll spend this afternoon playing with my CIJ ornament idea.

Have a productive week everyone.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings all!

More Rudy January activities planned for this week

• Christmas cards and tuck-ins
  • Lil' Twister table topper (for me)
  • One more neck/ear warmer (girlfriend gift)
  • Ornaments?
And other non-Rudy projects:
  • Another (last?) neck/ear warmer for me
  • since it’s so late in the month, I need to get another couple monthly calendar motifs March) finished. February's are ready to mail next week. I need to stay ahead of the game on those as the months fly by.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I found this cute idea for any of you who like to crochet. Most of us are of that certain age where we remember this program.

Attachments

• Crochet Golden Girls.jpg
    Crochet Golden Girls.jpg
    859.8 KB · Views: 4

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
The Golden Girls were funny! Great show!

Well, I didn't get far on that CAL .... but I have been working on DD28's blanket. All the granny squares are done and now ... it's sewing them together time.51D45BE5-1621-4058-AA3A-47D1FA733027.jpeg

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I brought home all of mom's jewelry that was left and plan to design shadowboxes for all daughters, granddaughters and great granddaughters. I have been looking at Youtube for ideas. I also have some from my great aunt I will make for my sister and me. Hope to have all 28 done by Christmas.

I received a little inheritance and will use some of it to redesign the sewing/craft area. So I will be making design plans. I am thinking it needs to be something that can be taken apart rather than built in. Will have to put thought and discovery into it.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've been busy working on cards and more chapstick holders. I am experimenting with making a felt sphere - first attempt not so successful. I'm planning some snowman crafts if I can get it right.

Been using my Cricut to cut felt and flannel like a dream. Love it!!! Have flannel squares I'm using to make pocket handwarmers.

And I've been busy designing Disney scrapbook pages in my Cricut software. :)

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
AJ - I order from scrapbooks.com and find they have a pretty good selection. I ordered on Sunday and they shipped today.

There are wonderful scrapbook stores out there but none near me.

I will be going through my sticker stash - if there is anything you need, let me know and if I find it I will send it to you.

I have a lot of wedding stuff.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Had a wonderful time in Amish country with my cousin Anna. It was cold!
I tried very had to be good- but I did by my self some fat quarters with roses on it for a purse and wallet set. Decided it was my birthday gift to my self. Found the back ground fabric I wanted for a quilt that I already had fabric for.
Anna gave me a bag full of birthday gifts which included a tape measure with fractions on it!!!! I am so happy!!! I can’t wait to use it.
The horse was “parked “ next to us at miller’s dry goods.

Attachments

• 4FDCE311-4F92-4AA9-8113-71F1A7541D8E.jpeg
    4FDCE311-4F92-4AA9-8113-71F1A7541D8E.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Hi, guys. I've missed you all. 2020 was pretty rough, I lost some precious people, and I just stopped a lot of things. Things I miss, like coming here to 'see' you all. I haven't been making much but I've started making lists again and gathering supplies. I will need to read a lot of older posts if I hope to catch up.

Anyway, I have missed MHH and I'm hoping to be here more often. Happy New Year to you all!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Hi, guys. I've missed you all. 2020 was pretty rough, I lost some precious people, and I just stopped a lot of things. Things I miss, like coming here to 'see' you all. I haven't been making much but I've started making lists again and gathering supplies. I will need to read a lot of older posts if I hope to catch up.

Anyway, I have missed MHH and I'm hoping to be here more often. Happy New Year to you all!
Glad you found your way back.

Reactions: jampss and kringle

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Amelia, if you answered I don't remember seeing it but what Amish country do you go to? I am alittle over 2 to 2 1/2 hours from Arthur, Illinois where there is Amish.
I go to Amish country here in Ohio. Millersburg, Berlin, Sugar creek area. It’s about 1 1/2 hours from me. Quilt shops are great. Lots of little places to eat and tons of other little shops. A nice day trip for us.

Reactions: jampss and Lana