Crafters Challenge Nov. 14th~Nov. 21st

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello Crafters!!!!

Not alot of activity posted this week, but I know we are all thinking, looking and working on stuff yet.

I work 3 days this week and then vacation for 11 days!!! I will get some stuff done then and posted~~~I PROMISE! That is my time to craft, craft craft!

So what do you all have to finish yet?

( ) I have coasters to make for 2 co-workers and a friend

( ) 2 diffferent Christmas ornaments to make for family and friends
ornament to do for co-workers

( ) would like to get a couple table runners done that I just got material for on Friday, uless I do those next year

( ) Might do coasters for another friend-not sure or a table runner

( ) The vanilla I started last January will need to be bottled

( ) I also need to make some lotion

( ) seasoning salt

( ) decide whether or not I am doing DD's tree skirt for a gift this year (she'll be in her own house next yr. :( :( Other times I think that is good but...)

( ) Also see whether or not I will do her peguin coasters

( ) reindeer feed

( ) snowflake ornaments on my cricut expression

( ) hot chocolate mix (sponge paint a canning jar all white and then add his face features. If you spray it with clear varnish it stays on better thru the handling of it)

This stuff is all rather easy stuff (thats all I do) so just getting started is the problem. Need to check my list I had started and see if anything is missing.

Have a GREAT crafting week!!!

Last edited:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I love all your ideas!

Lana, you have cool presents you are making.

I will work on the shrug and also start a reading wrap (scarf) for my step-ma. It's cranberry color.

I have a list of things I could do .... but we'll see if I get to them or not! LOL

Crafts:
For Christmas Gifts:

{X} Amigurumi crocheted cat toy (DNiece)
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70585AD.html?noImages

{X} amigurumi crocheted funny gal (Dsister)
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70594AD.html?noImages

{} Black Shrug for (DD) Started
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/60040.html?noImages=

{X, __} Old Christmas Card Basket (DSister, DFriend) Finished one; Need to start another
http://www.allfreecrafts.com/christmas/card-basket.shtml

{_,_} Crochet Reading Wrap (Me)(Step-ma)Started

{} Baseball Paper Weight, crochet (DH)
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80310AD.html

{} crochet bobble necklace (DD, DN, DFriend) Finished one; Need to start another
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70007.html?noImages

{} Crochet door knob hanging cat toy (DN)
{} knitted dish cloths or crocheted (Friends)
{} Crochet Wash cloths (Friends)
{} Angel Rag Doll (DN)
{} Quilted Christmas Ornaments (Friends)
{} 5x7 school pictures of daughter put into collage frame (DD)
{} Soaps (Family and Friends)

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Hey everyone!!

Great lists! You will have some fun crafting...

I have not gotten too much done this past week. I've been fighting a cold and it is getting the better of me. The first one of the season always seems to be the worst.

I have gotten some more snowman ornaments painted, still need to glitter the insides of them and then add ribbon hangers. But these are for next year, so no hurry except that I would like to get my dining room table cleared off.

I also made another version of my santa gift bag, this one is a little larger than the one I pictured on my blog. But other than size, it is the same design. I decided, since I hadn't mailed it off yet, to put my 12 days swap items into these bags. So, as of this morning, I have 12 of those completed and I can mail that off this week. Yay, something to check off the list!!

I think I may shift gears soon from crafting to baking. My plan for teacher gifts this year is to put together plates of cookies. Last year after Christmas, I purchased several cute santa and snowman plates, so I'll use those. My two children each have four teachers that we need to give gifts. So, I hope that will be something they will like. I need to put together a list of what I would like to include and then make a shopping list. Baking ingredients have been on sale lately, so I've been stocking up. School is out a week before Christmas this year, it will be here soon.

Happy crafting!!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Carol, Hope I get one of your gifts!!! The one item I wanted to do we had trouble with the paint so I was thinking deadline was Oct. 31st to her so hurried with something else and the bobbin was acting up so not overly happy with them but.......... A couple days after mailing off my 12 days I was looking at the wooden heads and they were fine.

I knew it was end of Nov. but had myself a month ahead or something!!!!!! Oh well!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
After the longest season of football and cheer today we are officially done for the regular and post season. Today was the banquet. Uniform is now turned in until all year starts in January. Time for me to get things done

This week I want to get done
wooden village I bought this spring
Makaylas scarf & hair thing (red,green,white)
Kali's scarf & hair thing (red,green,white)
Alighas scarf& hair thing (black, orange)
Maranda's scarf & hair thing(red, green white) she might wear hair thing during spirt weeks who knows with her
my scarf (red,green,white) already thinking about next season
Emmas sponge bob blankie

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
I was so busy with times away from home, yard work and sewing last week that I missed posting on here. However, I did follow what others have been doing and noted the wonderful amount of progress all are making.

I was able to finish the heavier curtains for the kitchen and got them up to ward off some of the cold ahead. For the baby charity I sewed 13 extra pairs of booties to help with this year's goal that had initially come up short. Then I started my sewing for next year's annual contribution by hemming a little bereavement blanket.

My sewing/crafting for the rest of November and into December:
first...make a baclava for my cycling son as it is much needed now

then...
*finish the decorative pillow
*make simplistic bookmarkers for my husband for Christmas
*prep materials for a project for a ladies' group to assemble at church
*make fabric gingerbread boys as gift card holders

if time allows...
*add backing material to complete a tree skirt embroidered at least year ago
*work on new baby items

Charlotte

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I always love reading this thread...In just a few mins I will be finishing off the hat that goes with the cocoon. We might make a matching pair of booties to go with it but if not it will be ok...Not sure what else we'll do this week...

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
We might make a matching pair of booties

I tried crocheting booties for a friend to attach to her baby shower gift .... ugh, was that hard. Do you have a great easy pattern?

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
My list (not all for this week but hopefully before Christmas) is:

[] Sew in ends and a button on 1 scarf
[] Sew in ends on 4 facecloths (made last year but will give as teacher gifts if finished)
[] Stuff and sew opening of DD's owl
[] Make 2 dollie blankets
[] Finish toy bag (I think only straps needed)
[] Finish 2 crayon rolls (only need buttons)
[] Sew together 3 crayon rolls (cut but no sewing done)
[] Cut and sew DD's pyjamas
[] Sew on buttons to DD's duvet cover
[] Make a pillowcase with leftovers from duvet cover
[] Cut and sew PJ's for DNephew
[] Buy fabric, cut and sew pj's for other DNephew (if I manage the first 2 pairs OK)
[] Make another 20 (YIKES!!!) Santas and Snowmen from 2 finger KitKats (for DD's school and creche buddies) - 8 Santa and 4 Snowmen completed so far
[] Make chilli oil
[] Dry bay leaves
[] Make Onion Marmalade/chutney
[] Make spiced cranberry vodka
[] Make 2-3 batches cookie dough - slice'n'bake type for freezer
[] Make chocolate truffles
[] Make chocolate covered cherries preserved in Gran Canaries honey rum (cherries preserved already, need to do the chocolates part)
[] Strain and bottle for presents raspberry vodka

OK, that looks longer than I'd thought, but some are already underway, and some can be left aside if I don't get time. And the list is for the (almost) 7 weeks left to Christmas. But I do feel faint now.....:)

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Wow! time is getting short! Some of my gifts are due for Hanukkah and that starts Dec. 1!

So I have to:

Finish 2nd sock for DH
Do 2 socks for DS (one barely started)
Make wristers for friends
Make holiday cards for MHH family

and after that is done and we're back from Thanksgiving trip to Syracuse, start baking and cookie dipping.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Got the village kit I pick up out today and it is sitting on my bed time to get working on it with Kenny and miss Makayla's help. Funny thing is they have already picked out the pieces that are theirs.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
WingedOne, wow, what a list. Sounds like you have some things going pretty good on it.

Debbie, you have a couple of weeks! You are good to work while traveling!

Kim, so nice when the kids help you with stuff yet.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I tried crocheting booties for a friend to attach to her baby shower gift .... ugh, was that hard. Do you have a great easy pattern?

I use the flower Knitty knitter you can get them at Walmart. You could make a pair of booties on it in a hour or less. If you get one let me know and I'll give you the directions I use...

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
We have the baby hat & cocoon set finished. I posted pics in my projects album here. It's hard to tell from the photo but the hat is dark blue and the cocoon is the same dark blue with a dark purple mixed in...

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I use the flower Knitty knitter you can get them at Walmart. You could make a pair of booties on it in a hour or less. If you get one let me know and I'll give you the directions I use...
:thankyou:

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
I started two new projects today.

One of them is pillowcases for the One Million Pillowcase Challenge. I didn't think our local sewing shop was still collecting them, but found out yesterday that they are. They've collected and distributed 100 of them to local children services within our county. I like that they are used locally. They are given to children that are removed from their homes and put into foster care. So, I have three of them "in process". I should be finished with those tomorrow.

And today was my knitting class. Still working on the tote bag but it is at a point that I can't complete each part without the instructor sitting next to me. So I needed something to do until next week. I found a simple pattern online for an "infinity scarf". I bought all the supplies while I was there and the teacher helped me get it started, so far it seems much more my speed than the tote bag. I think this tote bag will be a "one of a kind", because I don't think I'll make another.

:santa: