Crafters Challenge Nov. 14th~Nov. 21st

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
I really need to get a move on with my last 2 quilts! They are small and very simple patterns, but I have no drive now that it's hard for me to get to the floor to cut. My bump keeps getting in the way!

Gabriel- cut solids, piece, baste, quilt, bind
Landon- cut prints, cut solids, piece, baste, quilt, bind

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I started two new projects today.

Me too! I started a Beret! I was doing this scarf ... I hated doing it, like your tote. But this won't be one of a kind... I tore it all out and used the yarn for the crochet beret!

Love the pillow case idea! I, and some other ladies, make crochet squares and put them altogether to make blankets and donate them locally. It's from something called "Warm Up America"

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Thank you ladies...We enjoy making gifts for others. I have another pair of booties almost completed. We will add them to the cocoon set since they're made out of the dark blue yarn. We have a pair of socks started for my DGD.

Personally, I get more enjoyment out of doing projects that don't take too long to complete. I don't like it when it drags on & on but that's just me...

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Finished the dark blue booties to go with the cocoon set(pic in album)

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
Got some things done yesterday...

[X] Fabric sack 1
[X] Fabric sack 2
[X] Cut prints
[] cut solids
[] cut solids
[] piece
[] piece
[] baste
[] baste
[] quilt
[] quilt
[] bind
[] bind
[] pillow 1
[] pillow 2
[] pillow 3
[] pillow 4
[] pillow 5

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
You ladies are really moving along! Glad to see MissBrittany joining us. We love to hear everybodys ideals and see pictures when possible.

Tricia, I do easy stuff too so I can see progress. To me yours looks hard.

At lunch I did sew 5 yos yos so I am now done with the one that is my nieces and nephew.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Miss Brittany, did I miss news? Are congratulations in order? (If so - CONGRATULATIONS!!!). (And if not, I apologise for being presumptuous).

I didn't do a lot last night, although I jarred up the candied peel and then I cut out 1 dollie blanket and sorted the fabrics I have to consider for stockings.

I am aiming to have a lot of things cut, ready to sew, for over the weekend.
With the secondary plan being that the handsewing, embellishments and sewing ends of knitting all to be done together following on from that, hopefully over a couple of evenings next week.

And then a week of cookery projects the week after (week of 29th).

[] Sew in ends and a button on 1 scarf
[] Sew in ends on 4 facecloths (made last year but will give as teacher gifts if finished)
[] Stuff and sew opening of DD's owl - need to buy the stuffing first
[-] Make 2 dollie blankets - have cut one out to trial
[] Finish toy bag (I think only straps needed) - pulled it out to do
[] Finish 2 crayon rolls (only need buttons) - pulled them out
[] Sew together 3 crayon rolls (cut but no sewing done) - pulled them out
[] Cut and sew DD's pyjamas
[] Sew on buttons to DD's duvet cover
[-] Make a pillowcase with leftovers from duvet cover - bought the fabric!
[] Cut and sew PJ's for DNephew
[] Buy fabric, cut and sew pj's for other DNephew (if I manage the first 2 pairs OK)
[] Make another 20 (YIKES!!!) Santas and Snowmen from 2 finger KitKats (for DD's school and creche buddies) - 8 Santa and 4 Snowmen completed so far
[-] Make a pattern and sew 10!! stockings for adults - have found fabrics and trimmings for a few
[] Make chilli oil
[] Dry bay leaves
[X] Dry and store fennel leaf
[] Make Onion Marmalade/chutney
[] Make spiced cranberry vodka
[] Make 2-3 batches cookie dough - slice'n'bake type for freezer
[] Make chocolate truffles
[] Make chocolate covered cherries preserved in Gran Canaries honey rum (cherries preserved already, need to do the chocolates part)
[] Strain and bottle for presents raspberry vodka
[XXX] Make and store candied peel - a jar of orange, a jar of lemon, and a mixed jar DONE!!

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
HI! Yes, I am expecting. Thanks. :) After spreading the word to family and friends, work and church, and a few sites I have been on for many years, I lose track of who I haven't shared with! I'm 20 weeks as of this coming Monday, due April 11, which is my dad's birthday. Don't know the gender yet, but I am thinking it's a boy. I bought the sweetest, softest (gender neutral!) fabric a few weeks ago, so as soon as Christmas crafts are done, I'm making baby a quilt!

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
I also need to add to my list 10 CD covers for gifts.

(PS I have new pics up on my blog of my latest finished quilts for those interested!)

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I also need to add to my list 10 CD covers for gifts.

(PS I have new pics up on my blog of my latest finished quilts for those interested!)

WOW!! Love your quilts! Beautiful! I wished I sewed!

How do you make a CD cover for gifts?

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Getting There!

Updated: 11-19-10

For Christmas Gifts:

{X} Amigurumi crocheted cat toy (DNiece)
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70585AD.html?noImages

{X} amigurumi crocheted funny gal (Dsister)
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70594AD.html?noImages

{X} Beret (DStepma)
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/cgs-beret.html (I may make more! What fun!)

{X, __} Old Christmas Card Basket (DSister, DFriend) Finished one; Need to start another
http://www.allfreecrafts.com/christmas/card-basket.shtml

{X, __} crochet bobble necklace (DD, DN, DFriend) Finished one; Need to start another

{X, _} crochet towel toppers
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70007.html?noImages Finished one; Need to start another

{} Black Shrug for (DD) Started
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/60040.html?noImages=

{} Baseball Paper Weight, crochet (DH)
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80310AD.html

{} Drink Cozy (DF)
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/90152AD.html

{} Mittens (DS & DH)
{} Crochet door knob hanging cat toy (DN)
{} knitted dish cloths or crocheted (Friends)
{} Crochet Wash cloths (Friends)
{} Angel Rag Doll (DN)
{} Quilted Christmas Ornaments (Friends)
{} 5x7 school pictures of daughter put into collage frame (DD)
{} Soaps (Family and Friends)

:santa:

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
Thank you. :) I actually make mixed CDs for extended family for gifts, and just use scrapbook items to make the case insert. Nothing fancy.

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Lana - I tried to send you a PM but I don't think it worked. Have you looked at the 12 day swap thread today? If not, go read.

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
Wow, everyone is sure busy this week! I haven't worked on anything for several days because my husband had surgery a week ago Friday. He's doing very well just got knocked off my plans for a little while. I enjoy reading ab out everyone's progress.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Wow, everyone is sure busy this week! I haven't worked on anything for several days because my husband had surgery a week ago Friday. He's doing very well just got knocked off my plans for a little while. I enjoy reading ab out everyone's progress.

Pray all is well now.

Don't worry ... there's a time and season for everything!

I, too, am always so encouraged by the fun lists ladies post!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Snickerdoodle, praying for a speedy full recovery for DH. Believe me there is still time to do stuff.

Yesterday my step great niece stayed with me while my nephew hunted and her mom and newborn brother (2 weeks) went back to my X BIL's and napped and we did the 52 bags of reindeer feed. Have to print the poem off yet. And we plus my 4 yr old nephew started the little cupcake ornaments.

Tonight will have 17 possibly 18 for supper and there will be a 7, 2 5 and a 4 yr old and I was hoping to do the applesauce cinnamon ornaments with them. Totally have to clear a space in craft room or someplace for it tho. Will see.

Then my nephew brought some jeans home from Texas for me to patch. (have a ton of my guys to do.)

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Lana ... having way too much fun there!

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
progress...

[X] Fabric sack 1
[X] Fabric sack 2