Crafters Challenge October 11th---17th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I see where I took last weeks thread thru the 12th and not the 10th. Guess I was giving us all a few extra days in the week!

I am cleaning to get a place to craft. Wonder if I will ever get my craft room back?!?!?!? It is coming along slowly!

What is your plan for the coming week?

Reactions: jampss

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I think I figured out a way to make placemats for DD in a way that I will like them better. So I will work on those as well as some for decor for the kitchen. I was looking through some of my Christmas boxes this week and noticed I need to do a repair on my wreath. Would like to get that fixed too! I am getting anxious to decorate I like to have it done by December 1 so I can enjoy it for the month as I am usually ready to have it down around the 6th of January. In the past I had it down before we headed back to school. in January. If Covid-19 has us quarantined it will stay up longer.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I hope to accomplish a lot in the studio this week. Kathy will be gone on a trip, and we should have some rainy days, good for crafting. When the weather does clear up, I will have some gardening to do and helping DH winterize/store the boat.

That said, my list would include:
  • Finish Stacked Pumpkin decoration so I can enjoy it through November
  • Work on Sonja's nativity pieces
  • Make Sonja's BD card
  • November pillowcases (and maybe December pillowcases)
  • CCS motif for ornament for Kathy
  • Stitch out FSL ornament (3-D tree or other? for Sonja)
  • Finish FSL and CCS ornaments for DGC

That does sound like a lot! I won't run out of things to work on.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Tired of having crafting stuff everywhere and nothing finished... so instead of doing chores this weekend I worked on crafts... nothing finished yet but all a bit more advanced.
Gnomes just need to add tags saying 'handmade by Lucie 2020' and then will need to wrap but that'll be later on, have to figure a way to wrap them.
Have not finished my crochet pumpkin, just needs to be sewn and filled.
Still working on socks.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I accomplished quite a bit yesterday. Finished the stacked pumpkins, two CCS ornaments, and one BD card. Worked on a CCS motif and knit a bit on the shawl while watching TV (tennis finals and football).

Today, I'm off playing with Kathy for a while and hope to get back in the studio this afternoon. (I do have some other chores I should do, so we'll see how the procraftinating goes.)

Lucie ~ It sounds like you did a little procraftinating as well! Love it!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I finished blanket stitching the 10 larger gingerbread men I made this weekend. I still need to decorate them. I also placed some red and white fabric in embroidery hoops to use as decor in the kitchen. I have a mess where I have been working but will clean that up when I am watching tv. Will continue to work on placemats then too.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I have a cute and hopefully easy crochet tee shirt pattern I hope to make for DD28 and possibly DNiece.
I finished a Fox scarf for Etsy and working on a bowl cozy. I also have a donation blanket started in a continuous granny square pattern with white and a ball of Christmas stripes colors.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Quilting this week. Have 2 rows to finish this morning on the 3rd quilt. Then will spend the afternoon sandwiching the 4 th. Told my husband not to plan anything this week that involves me because I’m finishing gifts.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I looked up something on pinterest, got distracted and spent an hour browsing. Oh my gosh, there are so many cute crocheted Christmas items. Totally forgot what I was originally searching for. Sigh.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I looked up something on pinterest, got distracted and spent an hour browsing. Oh my gosh, there are so many cute crocheted Christmas items. Totally forgot what I was originally searching for. Sigh.
Been there, done that! LOL

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finally! I finished a few things. Crochet pumpkin, Gnomes and bday card for dniece.

IMG_0174rsz.jpg
IMG_0176rsz.jpg IMG_0175rsz.jpg
IMG_0180rsz.jpg
The colors on the card didn't come out quite right in the picture

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Lucie - love your crafts. How did you make the gnomes? I've seen various ways.

Finished the cowl!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lucie ~ Love the crafts. Your card is so pretty. Looks fairly easy, but you'd be surprised how horrible my artwork is. Yours is beautiful.

Rose ~ You made quick work of those socks; and Debbie ~ Nice work on the cowl.

I've finally started another knitting project - a prayer shawl. I may start some fingerless mittens for Iris for Christmas. Found the yarn. Need to round up the pattern.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Everybody is coming along!!!

I made the first kitchen boa tonight for the swap to see how it would go. Love it--and so fast. I will try 1 or 2 more measurements on a couple more and then pick the size I like best and finish the rest with it. I will do 13 for the swap and then some for family/friends for Christmas. I have been wanting to make them for maybe like 4 or 5 yrs. (maybe more)!

Will get up about 5 and put the rest of the towels in washer while I shower. Only washed 2 towels with the material tonight to try it. Used 1 and hope to try another in the a.m..

Last edited: