Crafters Challenge September 13th-19th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Getting halfway through September.

I was really hoping to get my pumpkin made from a roof turnbin that my son got me last year when a friend tore down a house done this coming week but they forgot to get the orange paint from Wal-Mart today. It has to be primed first and then DT really only had fall leaves left and not flowers so it might be tabled till next fall.

Have been buying some craft stuff at DT but my stores don't have alot.

Allen said he might start cutting some material this week for me.

What are your crafting plans for the week?

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Early start Lana!

I want to work diligently on finishing a quilt DD pieced years ago. I told her I would quilt it for her and am hoping to finish it for her birthday on October 4th. Other than that, maybe I can get my embroidery machine stitching away on some ornaments or other Christmas gifts.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am continuing on a knitted cardigan. I need to do some spray painting too, will get to that today.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I finished Rilla the Racoon!

https://flic.kr/p/2jGwphF
Turned out so cute I am just going to give this one as a gift and make another one for me another time. Will order Charlotte the Fox next and get started on that project.

Also did a bit more work on the Christmas Planner - need to go through it and confirm I'm finished - maybe add a couple of little things - then prep to ship!!!

I plan to trace and cut felt pieces for a little stormtrooper ornament too. At some point I need to get back upstairs and working on the 3rd recipe binder.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
AJ - Adorable!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ that is so cute.

Did some spray painting yesterday but will need to touch up some pieces, the wind came up and blew dust on a few.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thank you, guys! I'm learning more every time I make one of these more complex little figures!

Bought the digital pattern to make Charlotte the Fox next! :)

Got pieces for felt stormtrooper ornament cut and started sewing.

Loaded pattern for Squeakers the Otter felt ornament into Cricut - need to cut them out then trace onto felt.

I also am working on plans for making drawer sachets using the last of my Greek Sweet Basil from the deck pots - I have it all hung up to dry. Smells so good! Also formulating plans to make scented rice packs for DH - want to do some sort of knee wrap design for sure.

Reactions: Lana and luludou

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
The raccoon is sooo cute!

Nothing here really. Just decorating for fall and cleaning. My machine is ready so at some point will pick it up. Next week is my long awaited 3 day serger class. Was supposed to be in March. I am so excited. Somewhere in my sewing room is a list of questions I made out months ago, I hope I can find it. I saw that baby lock came out with a Solaris 2. Need to stay away from it while lm at the shop lol.
Have a productive week everyone as we get closer and closer to Christmas !

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Darling raccoon! Can't wait to see the fox.

I'm finally doing the SID quilting. After thant I will quilt in each block. Something simple, probably just outlining the blocks. It's kind of a wonky layered square-in-a-square pattern.

I've also stitched out some freestanding lace cardinals with the embroidery machine. It can be stitching away while I'm doing other things in the studio. I also made myself a French press cozy for the lake.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I am so glad I did the sewing I did earlier as my time with the virtual school supervision has cut 2 days out of my week. I still need to make cloth napkins and placemats for DD for Christmas. I have her name for the name draw. I also hanging in loops to add to the 12 stockings mom and I made. I can definitely take that with me and work on it at their house as well as cut the fabric for the napkins and placemats. Just decided on the fabric last night.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I am working on crocheted cat sweaters! LOL DD28 has a hairless cat and a semi hairless cat ... in VT! Brrrrrrrrrr o_O

• Haha
Reactions: AuntJamelle

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Well my serger class is cancelled!! It has been moved to March. I am disappointed.
On a happier note I’m going to a big fabric sale next week. I’ll drown my sorrows there I guess.