Crafters Challenge September 5th-September 11th, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello!

I have been digging through some stuff trying to find the picture I want to try paint for the 12 Days of Christmas and it doesn't seem to be where I thought it was. So.....

Alot of great projects shared last week.

Keep on a Craftin! And tell us your plans for the week!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Lana, I hate when that happens! I hope you find it soon.
I am “crafting” plum butter today. I’m pretty much tied to the stove.
Same plan as last week here- finish the quilt top I started then start quilting the Christmas quilt.
I might try to bring up the pumpkin quilt pieces later today and clip them together so I can chain piece them tomorrow.
Well I must go stir my plums.
Have a productive week everyone!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I finished my heart pot holder and y’all suggested doubling it to make it thiker so it would hang and not be limp. I did that and I love it!

788CCF6E-3D38-4347-9680-6E345439E9E6.jpeg

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am working on organising my projects, seeing what supplies I may need. Will finish wedding pom poms this week and then try and box all the decorations up.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I would like to make a hooded towel this week for Sonja's November BD, work on a Christmas tree skirt, the knit sweater for Valentin, and some CCS.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I made a wreath for the front door but don't like it and I know what I don't like and I think I can fix it so will do that.

Will also attempt a smaller wreath so I can estimate the cost - I'm thinking of a craft for next years International Rally.

And finally add the missing pictures and embellishments to the scrapbook pages that I worked on while away.

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Hello.

I'm in the process of winding down from summer and gearing up for fall/holidays. I didn't get much done craft-wise while on our vacation but the kids had fun working on some crafts. I need to sort thru my craft area. It shouldn't take too very long because I sorted it not long ago but, because it's near a door, folks around here often set things on my table or floor as they're passing through so I have to clear off just to use it. And my daughter is not over burdened with a need for tidiness so things she has gotten out are not put back very well. Frustrating. So, I think my crafts will consist of just putting things away so that I can work. School starts tomorrow, appts on Wed, so hopefully I can give it my attention on Th&Fr.

Other than that, I hope to work on a couple of ornaments I have kitted up. I want to work on a doll blanket for a friend's little girl, too.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I tried to start a knit cowl last week but didn't work out. circular needle cable is too long. have been trying to see how to fix that on youtube. If I can't get it then it will be a crochet cowl.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Did some spray painting this weekend - used black chalkboard paint to cover several small wooden signs and a large metal tray. I'll turn them all into holiday themed signs of some sort, still deciding!

Also did 20 paint stirrer sticks that I will gift with chalk as plant markers. I'd like to find some different shapes of plant markers that would let me make little signs out of them (using vinyl cut on my Cricut) - funny little sayings like "Not Dead Yet", etc. to gift with the other markers.

I also spray painted some picture frames from garage sales glossy black. I'm going to turn the largest one into a fall themed sign I can set up over the mantle downstairs.

Have continued to work on my felt Mrs. Claus ornaments here and there. Want to keep working on those this week for sure. Also need to cut out and prep kits for the rest of the vintage Frosty the Snowman ornaments I need for gifts.

I have a small dollar store owl figurine to put a second coat of glossy white paint on. And I need to paint the heads for the Mrs. Claus ornaments and cut the vinyl pieces for the eyelashes and lips.

Lots to do! I would like to make another fabric pumpkin somewhere in there too! The first one turned out super cute - will post a pic when I get a chance!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Worked in my craft room yesterday. I was able to sort through several item and know what I need to finish up the 12 days of Christmas stocking items for dgds.
My supplies are dwindling some I can finally see a difference. Hope to keep going and do more. I know I will finish the HGP plan early and hope to do more to use up supplies on hand.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My supplies are dwindling some I can finally see a difference.
My crafting supplies are somewhat down too. I see this as a good thing, it means I am finally getting to all those projects.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I tried to start a knit cowl last week but didn't work out. circular needle cable is too long. have been trying to see how to fix that on youtube. If I can't get it then it will be a crochet cowl.
Have you tried "magic loop" circular knitting with a long cable? It's my favorite.

I got stumped on the sweater for Valentin, but I think I've worked out the problem. I won't be following the pattern directions. LOL

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Have you tried "magic loop" circular knitting with a long cable? It's my favorite.

I got stumped on the sweater for Valentin, but I think I've worked out the problem. I won't be following the pattern directions. LOL
You are such a rebel!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Finished the sweater last night except for stitching up the underarms and tying in the yarn ends. It looks pretty good. Hope it fits! Won't know till Christmas.