Creating a Blog Network

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Recently I have started some new blogs to go along with our special days/topics. (Yes I am addicted to blogging)

I am encouranging EVERYONE (okay as many people as possible) to create their own versions of these types of blogs and then we will link all of them...so we have a blog network for GPD, a blog network for Rudolph Day and so on and so on. This is an easy type of blog to start with because technically you could do just two entries a month and keep up. One entry with your list or plans for the month and one entry AFTER the day telling what you did or did not (some months) accomplish...add some clip art or photos and poof....you have a blog.

The difference between having a blog and posting here in a thread...umm....I suppose not a whole lot but it opens up the ability to post pictures...provides us with colorful pages to express ourslelves on and is just plain fun!

Here are my versions of the Day pages I am talking about:

Celebrate Me

Rudolph Day

Great Pumpkin Day

Turkey Day Journal

Hippity-Hoppity

Marge has some of hers up already:

Christmas Traditions

Scarecrows, leaves,and Pumpkins

COME JOIN US!!!!!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I plan to join in as soon as I get a chance to set it up. LOL

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Here's my Halloween offering:
[url="http://www.hauntedhamlet.blogspot.com"]http://www.hauntedhamlet.blogspot.com[/url]

Remember, this is raw and new...still lots to do to make it look like home!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Haunted Hamlet.... I love it!!!! Great choice of names!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Neat idea. I might join next week after we get my hubby's test results.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Okay, I got mine setup and am working on it now.

http://fallforhalloween.blogspot.com

It's a play on words. I was having a hard time coming up with a name I liked. LOL

Anyway, I have a spot all set up to add links for the Blog Ring. I'll be working on setting up my Rudolph day blog next.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Oh this is getting VERY exciting....I am suppose to be working on the prompts for the garden journal class but I keep hopping on here to see whats new...I'll get everybody's links on my blogs as soon as possible...this will be FUN...and maybe it will inspire me to actually get more done on our "days" each month!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Okay Questions:

Coffeenut: Do you want to use your Fall Blog or your Thanksgiving blog for the Turkey Day Blog Ring???

Chili: Do you want your decorating blog to be Rudolph Day/Christmas? Or Great Pumpkin Day/Fall or both OR do you want me to include it over at Ginger's Journey as a "general blog???
Just let me know what you think the main focus will be or where you want it linked from.

Guys everybody's blogs are looking GREAT....love them all...Cathy especially like your photos!!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Cool....I got you linked....if I have forgotten anyone's link on my blog...let me know.

For anyone that has even played around with the idea of creating a blog....doing one of these would be a great place to start....since you will always have something to write about and can respond to other people's blogs in the blog ring. AND if you just do two entries a month your blog will be current.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Okay, question, I put up a banner I made on my new Christmas blog and now I can't get it off. *sigh* It looks like crap and I need to fix it. Ginger, do you know how I can get it off? When I click on Remove Image it flashes to give me the other options and then it flashes back to the image I put on there so I don't have time to click anything else and the image stays there. Ugh!

Anyway, my Christmas blog is called Christmas Whimsy and you can find it here: http://christmaswhimsy.blogspot.com

coffeenut

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 10, 2007
Spartan Country-mi
Mrs Soup, I have done that. Go into layout click on edit at the top of your header. When it says delete image, click on that. then click save changes. when you get to layout page click on save changes, Then go to your Christmas page. Hope this helps :flower:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
That's what i've been doing and I just tried again and it's still there. The darn thing won't go away for some reason.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Cathymac said:
Mrs Soup, I love your header! I think it's very cute!

Thank you. LOL I want to fix a few things on it and then put it back but I can't remove it so I guess it will stay.