Day After Christmas Shopping

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Well....its 7:30 pm here on Christmas Day....wonderful day BUT tomorrow bright and early I will be hitting the After Christmas sales....its always such fun...with my two DDs and niece. Bargains and lunch out.

Have my list of things to pick up...and then always add some things to my almost depleted gift closet!!! LOL

NO DECOR for me allowed.....too much already and trying to simplify but there's plenty of other bargains to be found....not too early to start on Christmas 2008.

Let's post in this thread tomorrow....for those shopping,......the bargains we find!!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
The only place we have to shop here is Walmart. LOL However, I think i'll go and stock up on wrapping paper, tape, and such for next year. I've never done it before but I have the money this year so I think I will. Have fun Ginger and everyone else who is shopping tomorrow.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
We have already handed money over to my mom to go get 5 identical christmas trees that each of us kids want and were paying for hers too since she is going to pick ours up. She is the only one that will dare go out on black friday or the day after christmas.

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Well I too like to hit the shops on Boxing Day for any bargains, and as you say it's not too early to start for 2008. I got a couple of good deals from Debenhams ( a department type store here in UK) and a couple more things from the Disney Store. I'll be out again tomorrow for Marks & Spencer as their sale starts in the morning. They usually have some great stuff from decorations, to clothes to housewares and also soaps and lotions etc, great for teachers gifts. I'll be back and let you know how I do tomorrow.

:globe:

I am delaying my shopping until Friday when I get paid again!!! Plus I am soo exhausted between Christmas day with family AND cleaning the church Saturday through Christmas day!!! I cleaned all day Christmas eve and twice Christmas day so that alone is exhausting!!!

I want to buy some wrapping paper for the wrapping poem gift idea and some bows which every store has such an excess that I know there will be plenty left for the weekend and there's also christmas cards I want to purchase that the stores always have an excess of also!!!!

I am still on the hunt for elf related items for next years elf visits!!! I definitely want to have that planned and ready because this year was our first year and I needed more of a guideline because some nights I was soo exhausted I couldn't be "creative" enough....lol

Christmas eve I picked up some dollar spot items at Target for 50 cents.....oh yeah I sure did...lol!! So I definitely look forward to clearance shopping again!!!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We went to Walmart this morning and I picked up two 135 sq. feet wrapping paper packs (3 roles of paper each) for 50% off and 2 boxes of gift tags for 50% off. I looked and looked for Christmas cards and didn't see them anywhere. :( I'm going to start keeping an eye out for elf presents for next year as well.

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
yes, mrs.soup! I want to try and get some coloring books, etc.for the elves to bring.
I don't think our stores were open today.And we are supposed to get snow tomorrow so the stores should be crazy on Fri. and this weekend! I really liked the scratch ticket tree idea(I'm sorry-I forget whose it was)and also the wrapping paper gift idea. So maybe I can pick up a couple of those small trees and some gift bags on sale.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I found quite a few nice things on sale today.....but love to hunt all year long too....lol

I also am looking for 24 days of Christmas gifts for the elves to give. I picked up a super cute little advent chest at Target today.....didn't need to but could resist. It is wooden and has twenty five little doors. I will put little slips of paper inside with a clue to where to find the treat.

I'll come back later and post more of the finds as well as some ideas for things to be on the look out for....I'm exhausted!!!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I didn't get to go shopping till tonight but K-Mart didn't really have much left. They had alot of cards but could only find 2 boxes of the same of the one I liked so didn't get any. Would of been $1.50 for 18 and I got 18 for $1 at Dollar tree this year so will look there next year. They come in, in Oct..

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
We are heading into the city tomorrow to do some shopping. I found wrapping paper marked down last week and got some, so I am hoping to find cards, gift tags, tissue paper and gift bags. It seems like the stores don't have much after Christmas. I have heard that a lot of stores send the unsold merchandise to storage until next year rather than sell it at a discount.

:snowman: Melanie

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Well, I did get some great bargains today and am pleased with my finds. Just need to make a note of everything so I don't duplicate them. This is where I need to update my notebook.

:globe:

rockin_granola

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
Go Colts!
www.rockingranola.com
he he he, well, I'm currently pregnant and claimed myself "too hormonal to fight the post holiday crowds" so I sent hubby in my place :haha:

He just stopped off at Target for me on his way into work and got a few things on my list:
- red stocking for our new baby arriving in May ' 08 (all the kids have red stockings w/ white cuffs and they personalize them by picking an ornament each year which we sew onto the stocking)
- initial ornament for my daughter
- sleeping bear ornament for my son
- Christmas Barbie (a few years ago we started buying the holiday Barbies after Christmas and then setting them back for the following year), hey! That's our first 2008 gift purchase! ::eek:rnament:

He forgot the wrapping paper, but I'm hoping to get to a few stores later in the week and hopefully some will still be left. I haven't had to buy paper for years, but this year I finally see my stash running low.

I love reading what the rest of you shop for after Christmas!

Gingerbug said:
I picked up a super cute little advent chest at Target today.....didn't need to but could resist. It is wooden and has twenty five little doors. I will put little slips of paper inside with a clue to where to find the treat.

I found an advent with little wooden drawers at bed Bath and Beyond on Christmas eve but nothiing was marked down surprisingly. I haven't been back there since-maybe I'll check tomorrow!!!

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
I actually ordered a lot of neat things on clearance today on-line at http://www.terrysvillage.com. They had some elf themed items and lots of cute stuff. If you go there check all there clearance sections as I found somethings categorized kind of goofy and I also found some St. Patrick's Day items etc... on clearance also. Worth checking out the online clearances also.

I went to target to get diapers and briefly browsed the holiday sections--- I will go back when things move to 75% off. Does anyone know when that will be???? for any stores????

pixiestick

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We went shopping today in Columbia and Target had a plastic thing that had 6 rolls of wrapping paper, gift bags, bows, and various other things in it. It also has a space on the outside to rest the wrapping paper and a groove for the scissors so you can cut a straight line. It was originally $29.95 but I got it for half off!! I also picked up some red on top and clear on bottom heavy glass goblets, originally $7.99 marked down to $1.99. And a 4 set of red chargers for $3.99, originally $6.99.

At Home Depot I got several different style small decorative trees made of metal for $3.99 each and a cloth snowman door hanger for $1.99 I believe. I wish I would have thought to go by some other department stores to look at their stuff but we wanted to get home. Maybe tomorrow i'll go to my favorite shop in town and see if they still have any Christmas stuff left that's marked down.

Oh, I also bought 2 boxes of Christmas cards for half off at Hallmark!!

lillyrose

Retire Member
Nov 21, 2007
DD12 and I went shopping the day after Christmas. I noticed that the big stores like Walmart, etc. didn't seem to have much left as far as wrapping paper, decorations, etc. It had all been terribly picked over and was sad looking. We actually found better deals and more selection at the smaller stores like Dollar General and Family Dollar. Got gold and blue tinsel for $1 to use on our nativity table next year. Also DD found lots of Christmas candy on sale for half-off. We always go to JCPenney to check out the ornaments after Christmas (they are always marked down 75%). I got a cute gingerbread boy ornament for my nephew's 2008 gift and a snowlady for my niece. My best find was an ornament for DH - it is the lady's leg lamp from "A Christmas Story" - the only one they had left! It had been $11.99 and I got it for 75% off!!! I showed it to him when we got home and he loved it!! :grin:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Love the Terry's site but they don't ship to Canada!! too bad... funny little elf ornaments...

I bought some Xmas cards from the drugstore and some wrapping paper for next year.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I finally got out today. Not much luck, but maybe I waited too long. I did find some nice Christmas cards and a few ornaments for our family ornament exchange all at 50% off. I also picked up some yummy (looking, at least) chocolates and candies at 1/2 off at Hallmark. I think I might use these for our GameNite next weekend. Bath & Body Works had smaller sizes of lotions, etc for $2.50 and under so I picked up a few to replenish my gift closet. I didn't need any paper because I've got plenty from a haul I made a couple years ago, but I did need tissue - couldn't find any!

mrspaul

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
daughter and I left the day after christmas for macy's to be there at 6 when they opened. then over to target and we got some great deals on toys for next year. my daughter did really well in some "little mommy" toy sets. I also picked up some toys for granddaughter that she wont get till 2009 - chutes and ladders, candyland was 2.84 each with some free playdoh (took out playdoh to use in my daycare) - got a christmas barbie, a christmas stocking with a barbie that I will tuck away for a few more years. But I got lots for christmas 2008 - was very happy.!!!!
also got some more paper at walmart.
got a free shipping code for LL Bean, went on their site and ordered my daughter four turtlenecks for 8.95 each, regular price 24 each. and got her a barn coat on clearance too!!!