Elf preperations

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
Since won't see the Elf- I need to think about what the gifts will be left in each night- the altered paint cans are cute but I know that won't happen- might do a basket or put in a stocking, I'll be sure to have some dust or snow. Better get on that!

Snowybear

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
I am waiting for the reindeer Webkinz to be released and then I am going to have the 3 elves arrive with the reindeers with a letter from Santa.

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007
If I can find one, I'd like our elves to arrive in a miniature sleigh. If I can't find one then they'll probably show up in a basket. They'll be bringing my DD's advent calendar and a couple of other things. Went out and bought their snow and also some fabric so they each have a cozy sleeping bag to sleep in.

jackfrosty said:
That sounds wonderful! It would be cute if you made their basket look like a Christmas Hot air balloon! Maybe with Papier mache? I love the sleigh though! You guys are so imaginative! :bigsnow:

Oooh I like that idea. I will be scouring my Goodwill next visit. Even if it is just a deco Sleigh filled with flowers I can probably remove the deco stuff and put a mini pillow in there for the elves to sit on!!!! Boy next year when I take sewing lessons I will be so busy with sewing projects just for the elves alone... :haha:

Snowybear

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
I love the sleigh idea :sleigh:

Holiday Angel, I just picked up 3 of the Webkinz reindeer, and they were $12.99 each, (I'm in Canada though). A little more than I wanted to spend, but my kids love the Webkinz and I thought it would be neat for the elves to arrive with them. I just checked Amazon.com and they have the reindeers for $6.99 each. Unfortunately they can't ship them to Canada.

HolidayAngel

Retire Member
Oct 18, 2007
Thank you for posting the prices I'm going to have to look around for a reindeer at some point. right now though its my sons 3rd birthday today so we have been celebrating that and are having a big party on saturday for him.

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
Thanks for the ideas JackFrosty- here is the rest I need to do:

1. I have a wooden snowman with 25 little drawers- I am going to type out little quick activities for DD4 to do (ie sing Jingle Bells), then she gets a little gift. These are typed but need to gather in any materials needed (ie- make cards for grandparents- have all materials together for this)

2. I have most of the gifts, need to finish up and wrap them

3. Need to type letter from Santa introducing Twinkle to give Thanksgiving.

My goal is to have it all together by Thanksgiving so I don't have to be rushing around each night

Great motivation to write it out!

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007
I am sooo excited!!! I found my sleigh today by pure accident! I went into the store with my daughter and we were looking around and as I was walking by the makeup counter, I noticed a little sleigh that had the price tag on it. I thought it would be perfect and wondered if it was for sale but didn't actually follow thru. Anyway, I went back to the store in the afternoon for something else and I looked at it again and wondered if there were more. So I started looking around and lo and behold, they were on an end cap buried in the back of the store. AND there were 3 different sizes! Small, Medium and Large. I got the large one for $13 dollars and it should be big enough for 4 little elves and their 4 reindeer friends! Ooooh, I can't wait until they get here!!!

I've decided that one of them will run away once he gets here and realizes that he's in a house with a bunch of girls! The brown haired boy will stay so DH doesn't feel so alone since the "girl" power will go up by 2 with the girl elves. But...the blond haired boy will see the picture of my friend's 3 blond haired boys and run away to their house to be with his own kind! lol That way, they get to join in the fun for the season!

HolidayAngel

Retire Member
Oct 18, 2007
I am way behind on this. My son's birthday party was today and I have been planning for that. my elfs come thanksgiving weekend. I am still figuring out stuff for them to give/do when they get here. So far I think I am going to decorate a paint can that my elfs can come in, with a letter from santa. I might have the movie Elf with them or something else I dunno. we wil lsee where this thing goes.

candlewoodcrafts

MHH Member
Nov 5, 2007
I just learnt about the magic elves this morning, and have literally been printing out pages of info, ideas, printables, etc. I'm going shopping tomorrow in hopes of finding 2 elves, some magic sprinkles (for the boys' to sprinkle on them at night, for them to come alive), and something special for the elves to make their entry in.
I am so excited to start this,
and look forward to reading everyone's progress and ideas

Dawn

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
YAY!
Just dug out a sleigh my Dsis gave me last Christmas after the season and both elves fit in it!!!!!!!!!! I will have to paint it because DS7 played with it last year and I don't want him to remember!
I also remembered I got 2 Christmas moose at a yard sale over the summer and they can show up sometime too! Any ideas how to do that? Should they come in time to take the elves home or what? I know they aren't reindeer-but this is Canada,eh?!

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007
My Elves are here! Yippee! Now, I have to take their little mugshots for their passport photos! I also did a little shopping and happened upon Santa's Magical Key. Someone posted something about that (can't remember where or who) and I thought it was cute. Lucky me...Hallmark had one so I got that. And then I found a cute little dish that will be perfect to hold the Reindeers' food. It's a reindeer with a bowl for his body. As soon as I figure out how to put photos on here, I'll show everyone my goodies! I've got to finish the passports (photos) and then make the Reindeers' shot records (those will be tiny and fit in a little bag tied around each of their necks). Also have to work on Santa's letter and a runaway letter. Eek!

I better get to it! :tree: