February 2024 Decluttering Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Dh has boxes of my Dad’s old records ready to go on Tuesday. He is also thinking of taking in the stamp collection.

Attachments

• 50378938-2BD1-495F-A3EB-042408EC5F50.jpeg
    50378938-2BD1-495F-A3EB-042408EC5F50.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 7

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The double bed has gone to DD's friend. She would also like to take the electric blanket so I will pack that up. We took an electric fan over to DD's last night and they will pass that on.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Dh has 7 boxes in his suv to head out tomorrow to the record Store and Stamp store to sell. He took one box and a huge Japanese woven basket box to the thrift store on Sunday. So items are go slowly out the door. I think when the Organizer comes more will flow out on a regular schedule. Wonder if I can count the money spent for her help as decluttering. lol

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
A spare doona went to Mum's, she mentioned that she might like a new one for DB so thought she could look at the one that was on the spare bed. If she does not want it it can go to the church.
Went through the stationary. Donated 2 calculators, (still leaves me with 3) and some novelty paper clips etc. Tossed some dried up pens and some sticky notes that don't stick. Little by little.

Last edited:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Wednesday, my friend and I took "stuff" to donate out out her house and mine! Yay! When DD31 was here, we did a purge of the craft stuff and I donated knowing I wouldn't get to it and others will be blessed. Hard. But I did it! :)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Feeling pretty well back to normal (still stuffy and blowing) today so I started on kitchen counters. Getting some Christmas stuff together and putting away. (candles-cups) Putting honey all together to take to sale, filling the sugar and flour canisters so throwing sacks away, also throwing out old plastic straws to cups, plastic silverware from take out meals gathering for Ryan to take to work. Several plastic lids laying around so have them put into sack for church. Was saving the Pringle cans for an ideal I had but just kept lids and threw containers away. Will just get more if I do it.

I better get back in there. Allen was mixing the lamb bottles so came to catch up on MHH.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Feeling pretty well back to normal (still stuffy and blowing) today so I started on kitchen counters. Getting some Christmas stuff together and putting away. (candles-cups) Putting honey all together to take to sale, filling the sugar and flour canisters so throwing sacks away, also throwing out old plastic straws to cups, plastic silverware from take out meals gathering for Ryan to take to work. Several plastic lids laying around so have them put into sack for church. Was saving the Pringle cans for an ideal I had but just kept lids and threw containers away. Will just get more if I do it.
Lana, I opened my ziplock and plastic ware drawer this week too...and for no reason, just grabbed all those misc utensils we'd picked up again the past year and in the trash they went. It's was a great feeling to have no 2nd thought and just do it.

But, I came in this thread to share a good feeling I had today. We are getting new floors on the main floor of our house. What that means is I've had to pack up EVERYTHING for the most part, other than the furniture or dressers with the drawers. I don't want knickknacks falling off the walls from hammering or anything like that, so I was just safe and packed it all. I thought as I did this I'd find even more stuff to purge, but you know what, I maybe picked a handful of stuff....5 or 10 things that I thought "okay, I'll go ahead and get rid of this". I've worked so hard the past several years working through what I call my Spring Holiday Grand Plan, that I feel like I'm in a good place in my main living area. I have thought that maybe when I go to put it all back, maybe I'll like the bareness of things even more...like my closet...and decide then I'll toss something else, but we'll see.

On a Christmas note, one of the things I also decided to do was get rid of ALL the card cases for my Christmas CD collection and it's BIG. I've had them in one of those big zip up folders for YEARS, so why keep the plastic, just to keep it.

The more I think about this, the more I have to share. I have big news about my brother and HIS stuff. So my adult brother lives here and I've had to move his stuff so many times over the past 13 years, that mentally I'm drained from it and it causes a lot of issues sometimes. He's disabled, so basically what has to be done, I do. When we packed up his house 13 years ago, he filled 6 or 7 HUGE boxes full of DVD's. It was a collection he just wasn't willing to part with. Well, those DVD's have sat in those boxes this whole time. I've moved them to the storage shed, I've moved them around in the storage shed, I've moved them to the new shed we built for his stuff in the back of our house and he STILL wouldn't get rid of them. I've tried so many ideas to get him to part with them and he just wouldn't. Well he FINALLY told me Thursday HE DOES NOT CARE WHAT I DO WITH THEM. He says he got what he wanted when we moved them from the storage shed and kinda blamed it on my husband for them being brought here the last time. I know it's a coping mechanism, so I didn't push back and just said THANK YOU. Then yesterday, he also had me fill the back of my trunk with rocks and crystals that were his mothers and that I've also had to tote around for 13 years. There were also 3 boxes of rocks and crystals he got scammed on tik tok into buying too. They would just randomly show up at our house and "he didn't know how it happened". The best news ever, is that they FINALLY all went to the bead and rock store to be sold on consignment. Now, he's worked at this bead store for 10 years and they've never made it there before, so when he told me they were going this week I didn't believe him. But yesterday he said load them up, I did and they are GONE. You guys...i know it sounds crazy, but when you've done as much as I have and had this inner turmoil, the relief of him making those 2 decisions feels like it's lifted 1000 pounds off my shoulders. To know I don't have to touch those items again, is such a relief to my soul. 426600584_2347573938765308_1096621408002403335_n.jpg

426628853_392062260070052_5879095345440259849_n.jpg

426479363_10161955042633013_3314865606247911580_n.jpg

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Michelle, was so nice to read this!

Got rid of 4 bags of stuff from mom's house. I did keep a small Christmas bear and a Christmas vase but the rest is going to thrift store and niece requested a few things so they are in a bag ready for her.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got a huge box of kitchenware out to the fete. Took the electric blanket to DD's house and her friend took it home. I still have a few pillows and a doona to take to the church but will wash them first. The church market day theme for March is monster garage sale so anything can go.
Need to advertise the barstools that we have here. Hopefully they will be gone this weekend.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Decluttered the shelves above the washer and dryer. Two shelves were filled with filters. We put them downstairs in the furnace room with the filter there. Tossed some odds and ends. Looks a lot better. I did find an extra mesh bag to hold my steam mop refills. So that is now with the steam mop and one thing crossed off my shopping list.