February Rudy Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Welcome to February! This month's Rudy day is on a Friday! What will you do? The theme for this month is "Crafty Kits Month" which I'm not 100% sure I understand so if you have an idea about what you might do, please share it with me.

Also, remember our January Rudy Day movie - "A Charlie Brown Christmas" selected by Tricia aka GirlsinMo can be watched all the way up the announcement of our February Rudy Day movie and if you still have not had the chance to watch it, double up and watch both of them between February and March Rudy days! Tricia shared lots of fun facts about the January movie in her post so if you have not read it yet, be sure to check it out! February's movie hostess is Shannon aka Piratemamaof3boys.

January was Christmas notebook month - how did you do? These are all suggested topics so jump in even if you plan to put on cozy Christmas socks and listen to Christmas music. It's all about keeping Christmas in our hearts all year long and if we happen to accomplish something to get us ahead for Christmas 2011 planning that is an added bonus.

Rudy on everyone!

Last edited:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I'm still working on my notebookbut it's shaping my nicely for 2011.

Craft Kits month.....for the February Rudolph Day.....the task is to gather up crafts that you want to make for gifts or decor etc and place the materials and instructions in gallon zip loc bags....that way as you work your way through the year you have everything handy and organized...ready to work on your crafts on Rudolph Days or any day of the year.

If you don;t have the budget for all your materials, at least try to pick the ones you want to do and put the instructions in a bag or in your notebook for easy access and then add some materials as you go through the year....BUT all of that starts on FEBRUARY RUDOLPH DAY....

For now...relax and get your notebook in shape for a GREAT year ahead.

I still need to watch the movie...and perhaps if tomorrow is another snowed in day...I can do it then!!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I'm hoping to do what I didn't get to do in January! lol My Notebook is in good shape and ready to go! I really want to get 5 cards made each month and that hasn't happend yet...maybe today. I realized I packed my dvd's away and they're in the garage...I should go get them today!

I don't think I'll be making gifts this year so I won't be putting kits together this month.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
My NB is in pretty good shape...I pulled out the 2010 lists, receipts, calendar pages, etc. and moved them to another binder for future reference and completed my evaluation including thoughts from other family members.

I have printed blank Gift and Stocking Stuffer forms and calendar pages for 2011.

Now I just need to go through my decorating/baking tear sheets and pare them down by half (It's a lofty goal, but necessary!)

I don't do a lot of crafts (not my strong suit) so I may pick a different theme for Feb Rudy Day - not sure yet.

The boys and I did watch A Charlie Brown Christmas...what is the movie for Feb?

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Colleen - The movie for February will be announced on Rudy Day. The suspense is killing me! :0)

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
My notebook is looking pretty good as well. Since it's new I am just adding to the front of stuff. This is a great month for me to decide what craft I want to make for the family/teachers this year. I always find myself at the end scrambling to do something. I can start getting the stuff tog. for that. As well as pick out any winter dishcloth patterns I want to do.

I picked the next Rudy Day movie. I am going back and forth b/n 2 so I am glad that I have a little more time to decide.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have not been able to find the movie for January so I might just have to watch another one.
February Rudy day will be one of my work days so I might have to celebrate on the 24th. I am going to do a few more crafts this year so I am glad that the craft kit month is so early in the year. It will give me time to go through things and see what I need. I will write a shopping list of all my requirements for crafts and maybe a date by when they need to be finished.

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
I watched A Charlie Brown Christmas and Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown tonight while I was making my Valentines Rag Wreath. I had to watch them in 15yo ds room because we only have them on VHS and his room has our only working VCR, now. Part of my January Rudolph day work...I went through our VHS holiday titles and made a list of those I wanted to replace with DVDs through out this year.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
This weekend seems to be turning into..... a Rudy Day Weekend!!!!! Why? So many reasons........

It is cold, windy, icy.... you fill in the blanks. (Hot, sweaty, etc. in the southern hemisphere.) GOOD weekend to spend inside!!!!

There is NOT a lot of cash left in the account. PLUS.... this is the year of TRYING to buy used, recycled, or making our own purchases. NO retail therapy this weekend. No spending money for "recreation" or "entertainment". And... It will NOT cost money to celebrate Rudy Weekend!

We have been invited (across the street) to a Superbowl Party. I will bring tasty food and drinks... but I do not have to get the house ready for guests! That time can be spent on fun, Christmassy things.

It LOOKS like Christmas...... cold and snowy outside. People bundled up.... wearing warm clothes.... drinking hot chocolate.

There is a lot of good food in the house.... No need to organize a trip to the grocery store. Saves time planning, cooking, etc. Tasty leftovers are wonderful!

Here is one maybe unique to me: The Christmas Tree is STILL UP! With the broken leg..... the tree hasn't been taken down. After a while.... we stop noticing it as "unusual". I haven't turned on the lights for a while. I'll do that this weekend... and see if it feels "strange".... or feels "nice"......

OK. That is probably enough reasons.

Now.... let's see what I can make happen!!!!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
The other day I had a snow day off from work and watched Charlie Brown Christmas with my son! I have several christmas/thanksgiving/halloween craft kits that we have bought over the past few years that have not been used yet. I think I will pull them out and see which ones the kids want to do and make a list of any supplies that I will need to buy for them. This way once summer hits and it's too hot or stormy to go outside the kids will have something to do inside the house.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Now that I've got more stuff that I bought I think I have enough to work on my advent calendar some more. So that's rudy day stuff for me. + I have to add the gifts I bought this week to my gift list.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Still need to write my shopping list but I have been going through some old craft magazines and I have a lot of new ideas. Will have to really think about what I'll do or else I will end up with a huge list and get nothing done

JayOkie

Retire Member
Oct 19, 2007
NE Oklahoma
I've either had a late January Rudy day or an early February one :-0 Being snowed in & doing housework just isn't all that much fun, IMHO. So day 2 of the snow-in, I cut out blocks for a baby quilt using 9 patch pattern. Has to be VERY simple or this gal doesn't do it :) Thurs I started sewing the blocks. Of course, I had to use the seam ripper (grrrr), but yesterday got most of that re-stitched. And I had to take reading breaks!! So it's at least started.....thinkin' it'll be a Christmas present. Enjoy your Rudy days.....

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
I made a new Christmas Notebook the other day and cleaned out my Christmas Binder last night. My goal is to focus on my 25 Days of Christmas list this month. Craft kits sound like a fun idea, but I haven't really used them much in the past.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
In December of 2010..... I bought a paperback book called "The Advent Conspiracy".

I don't know if the beginning of the book is very complicated..... but I SUSPECT that I was just "overwhelmened" with Christmas stuff swirling around in my head. Because... I could NOT "get into" that book. I really couldn't understand it.... at that point, it seemed to be a lot of work to read it.

A couple of days ago.... I picked it up again. I started where I had left off.... and had NO TROUBLE reading it! It was clarly written.... and a pretty wonderful book.

I will read it again.... but because I think ther is a lot of good in it.

It is about making Christmas meaningful.... rather than commercial and confusing (the state I was in last Dercember).

Seems to be another good reason that WE celebrate Christmas year-round!!!!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Aggy the advent calendar is beautiful and I like the idea of having people share the filling-up of the calendar. Everyone has a few dates to take care of. I'm making one too... pic is on my blog.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Yes!

Craft Kits month.....the task is to gather up crafts that you want to make for gifts or decor etc and place the materials and instructions in gallon zip loc bags....that way as you work your way through the year you have everything handy and organized...ready to work on your crafts on Rudolph Days or any day of the year.

Someone mentioned this over the years on here and I have done this with my crochet. I have several gallon zip locks with various projects in each ... the yarn and directions. Then all those sit in a grocery bag (the ones you recycle and keep bringing back to the store) next to my bed. The bags have a nice square bottom to them!

:fireplace:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Aggy , i like the cookie sheet advent. very nice