February Rudy Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Snickerdoodle.... that trip to the little town sounds WONDERFUL! That is a great mini-vacation! Your post inspires me to do something nice for February Rudy Day!!! I will do it either on Saturday (the 26th) or Sunday (the 27th). I will try to think of what tyo do!!!

Today is "Do A Lot Of Little Things Day". And part of that is spending "little minutes" in the Office/Guest Room... where the Christmas things are stored.. until they get returned to the attic. Each time I go in there.... I throw out some trash and gather a few Christmas things, and bring them to the "staging area" of stuff to go to the attic. I am purging as I go.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Soooo I have 1,000 things to do for the sweet 15 B-day party tomorrow. I think to keep me happy and in a good mood, I'll be sure to either play Christmas music or play a Christmas movie in the background while I get stuff cooked and ready. Sounds like a plan to me!

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
Happy Rudy Day everyone! I'm wearing my Santa socks and I think DD11 and I will watch a Christmas special when she comes home from school :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Happy Rudy day!! I'll do something Rudy over the weekend - today is work.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Happy Rudy Day, not sure what my plans are but I will at least listen to some music and pull out some Christmas socks.

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Happy Rudy Day! I honestly forgot with this stomache flu that has hit our whole area hard!
I don't know what to do today really!? Iwant to print off a couple of pictures of DH and I (childhood Christmas pictures) for our stocking hangers, but our printer is a piece of junk-not impressed as we just bought it in the fall. Maybe I can send a copy to walmart to pick up-if the scanner works! LOL! Have a Merry Day everyone!

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
Happy Rudy Day everyone! I thought I was going to be spending my day with basketball games, but school and games were cancelled due to our extreme cold, so I get to enjoy my Rudy Day!!!!! Socks on, now I just need to figure out what to do. Enjoy your projects everyone!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Happy Rudy Day! I just put my Santa figuerine out on my desk and announced to the office:

"Ten Months Until Christmas!"

Annie

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
AnnieClaus... I laughed in delight when I read your post! And then... I got a tiny shiver of panic... "Oh no! Only ten months!" I worried! Well... I will have a Rudy Day Weekend to feel better!!!

STILL working in the office/guest room.... gathering things into the pile of stuff to go up into the attic. I am coming across lots of Christmas things... and deciding whether they should stay... or go out the door. i love ALL Christmas things! BUT... there is a space limitation here!

AND... I am tired today (this is the stay-with-the-grandsons 2-days)... so I will go make a cup of mocha.. with decaf coffee and delicious hot chocolate.... WITH whipped cream. Hhhmmmm... better put whipped cream on the list. Running out is NOT acceptable! WHEN YOU NEED IT.... YOU NEED IT!!!!!

YES... DEFINITELY A RUDY DAY WEEKEND FOR ME!!!!!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I will move my stuffed Santa doggie into a place of prominence today and try to do some thinking about Christmas/Hanukkah - which coincide this year:).

I already have some yarns in baggies - just have to decide what to do with them.

Debbie

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ok, putting on some Christmas music while I eat my lunch (with earphones so the rest of the people around me don't panic) :)

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Happy Rudy day, everyone! I am at work today, but I'm planning some Rudy fun for this weekend! DS(5) agreed to watch a holiday "movie" with me...I still have Prep & Landing on our TiVo! I think we're also going to make gingerbread cookies (in the shape of shamrocks!) And I am hoping to go through my gift totes and make sure all of my after-Christmas bargains are recorded.

Enjoy your day!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Colleen-
I still have the Lighting of the Rockefeller Christmas Tree saved on my DVR- ha ha!

Annie

Blue Christmas

Retire Member
Dec 22, 2010
So excited for my first Rudolph Day - got accuholidays going with Johnny Mathis "It's beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas." And gathering craft supplies for my christmas craft bags. I'm missing something...let's see... Hot Cocoa! A merry day to you!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
A lovely Rudy day to you all.
I am continuing to write my craft list as I am determined to make more gifts this year,
I just have to be a bit more together.
Will put on Christmas CD later and love the look on my kids face when they hear that I am playing Christmas carols LOL.

Will look through my notebook and just double check how I am gong with the plans. I already have quite a lot in the gift closet so if I feel inclined I may go up and sort it out.

So many options on this sunny Rudy day.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
listened to my Glee Christms cd while I took Snoopy for a walk. But that's about it. Didn't know what else to do. I found my ornament for the CIJ exchange and that was on my to do list and even made a sample to see what I think.

Kate 510

Retire Member
Feb 11, 2011
I updated my notebook and I am now watching Christmas with the Kranks on DVD. I also stopped at a thrift store today after work and found two large tins to use for Christmas baking.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
The only thing I did was~~~had to laugh at my co-worker this a.m.. He is a 20 yr. male and he asked almost first thing if it was Rudy Day!?!?!

Then after balancing about 2 or so I sent out a bank wide e-mail saying that I held off yesterday and 3/4 of today but that it was 10 months till Christmas and 301 days. Didn't have any replies when I checked it once. Usually get told to shut up and such comments!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Woke up this morning with a Christmas song in my head... 'it's beginning to feel alot like Christmas..'

You are doing a good educating job with that young man Lana ;)